Thunder 2012?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im looking for people to ride to Thunder in the valley with. I will be leaving thursday and staying thur fri sat nights. Riding back sunday morning. I live in Adrian Michigan. Its about 350 miles to Sumerset Pa from Adrian Mi. Jim i wish i could meet up with you guys but i only have time for thur through sunday. And its more like 700 miles for me the way you guys go. I can ride 80\90 all the way to get to Sumerset the fastest or take a nice cruz on a slower route and make a fun ride with lunch and bar stops.

If your thinking about THUNDER IN THE VALLEY 2012, you better make your reservations soon before its too late.......limited amount of rooms and they will go fast with the turn of the year as always!

The VMOA has standing reservations at the Days Inn Somerset, PA. They have the entire rear section of the hotel on hold from June 21 - 23, 2012. When you call to reserve your room, make sure you state that your with the VMOA to get in our room block and discount rate. Once January hits, rooms start to become scarce, so make them soon!!!

Days Inn
220 Waterworks Road
I-70-76 Exit 110 & PA Turnpike
Somerset, PA 15501

814-445-9200

Just a reminder to everyone about Thunder in the Valley....get your rooms now before its too late. This is an event not to miss for sure!!! We usually have over 75 vmax's at this gathering. Growing more and more each year......

Lets make this another unforgettable year

Thanks to all,

I just got the ok from work to go. Still looking for people to ride across Ohio with. It about 350 miles from my house. Lots of good routes.

I would not mind sharing a room. -
(Bill Seward -VMOA # 5551 has taken the offer) Thanks Bill

these rates are from the hotels web site for that weekend
2 Double Beds (smoking)
Avg Nightly Rate 83.32 USD
3 Nights(1 Room) 249.97 USD
Tax 22.50 USD
Total Cost* 272.47 USD
vmoa room rate 245.42
I have a room Reservation in the groups block - check in on 21st and out on 24th.
So if your going solo and want to lower your cost for the trip please send me a message.
I will be leaving from Louisville, Ky and running I-71 to Columbus to I-70 to Somerset. Unless I find someone to run with.
I will see you all there, my room is a lock, Bill Seward -VMOA # 5551 is going too.

Last edited:
Glad to see people are getting rooms locked in. This should be another great gathering! I'm still waiting to verify that my room is already taken otherwise I will be calling out here for someone to share. Not too bad when you split the cost of the room. We will start a Thunder tally thread later on so we can keep a running list of all going like last year.

I was wanting to go but I was like that cost is a bit much for me personally, but if could share it, could make it more affordable. And since I was going solo I figured that someone else would be too and this could be an easy way to cut some of the cost. So I posted that up and Bill asked me so He is now has a lock too lol

I was wanting to go but I was like that cost is a bit much for me personally, but if could share it, could make it more affordable. And since I was going solo I figured that someone else would be too and this could be an easy way to cut some of the cost. So I posted that up and Bill asked me so He is now has a lock too lol

Thats cool! I will definately see you there for sure then....

It looks as though I will not make it this year. It seems that I have been nominated by a family vote to host a clan gathering at the local Pow Wow at the end of June. With peeps coming from Colorado, Wisconsin and the lower peninsula how could refuse! Had I even tried to back out, well let just say that "resistance would have been futile!"
I know you guys will have a great time because even with the rain last year it was a blast, lots of vmax's , great roads, lots of great activities, great people, and did I mention lots of great vmax's!!!!! What's not to like!!

I talked with the days inn sumerset and she said she only has 15 rooms left. I told her i would post it for her. I was hoping to get a group of bike's to ride from michigan but it dont look like thats going to happen. The only michigan rider's i know that are going is redbone beekeeper and leecifer. Tom and Lee are towing the bike's down. I would pick on them for not riding down but what if my bike dont make it back. I might need help LOL. And i here Redbone is putting his BIGBOY panty's on and taking a route through Canada and meeting up with that cool Canadian hollywood guy and his hooligans. RIGHT.

OPPS. I see redbone is not going. WOW must be some vary important people to give up a ride with a movie star. EHH.

Anybody from the northeast or NEW England going?
Steve

I know Rick went last year. I would like to go but it's going to be too close to my Mid Ohio trip especially funding-wise. I can only hope to make it next year.

Are you planning to ride or trailer Steve?

It looks as though I will not make it this year. It seems that I have been nominated by a family vote to host a clan gathering at the local Pow Wow at the end of June. With peeps coming from Colorado, Wisconsin and the lower peninsula how could refuse! Had I even tried to back out, well let just say that "resistance would have been futile!"
I know you guys will have a great time because even with the rain last year it was a blast, lots of vmax's , great roads, lots of great activities, great people, and did I mention lots of great vmax's!!!!! What's not to like!!

Sorry to hear you won't be going to Thunder Brian. Everone understands that Family stuff comes first as well it should, cuz you know what happens if it doesn't ....:hitsfan:
VMax-Mike, I'm planning on trailering to Thunder like last yr. 8 hrs in the saddle is just a little too long a ride for these old bones !! :rofl_200:

8 hrs on vmax come on. We can do it in 6 with 2 old man pee brake's. Ya here me gramps.

Gramps ! Yup, I could be .... but not yet. Spoken like a young whipper-snapper !! :rofl_200::rofl_200: If I change my mind, I'll let ya know. Unless I forget who you are :confused2:

Im cracking up. Yep in march i will be a young 48. If you do roll with me i will help you out and keep reminding you that your on your way to thunder in the valley.

Sorry you're not going to make thunder this year Brian, hopefully we can get a bunch of us Mi riders together this year and hook up for a day or two!........I'm surprised we haven't heard from the lakeshore hooligans yet, It would be nice to have them along too!..............You know Mike, if you do break, we will make sure you get back home, I would never leave a fallen brother behind, looking foreward to a great time!..........................Tom.

Back