Thunder 2012?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got off the phone with the Days Inn....only a few more spots left in our room block. They will hold these rooms only for a few more weeks before prices go up. Make your reservations while you can!!!

The VMOA has standing reservations at the Days Inn Somerset, PA. They have the entire rear section of the hotel on hold from June 21 - 23, 2012. When you call to reserve your room, make sure you state that your with the VMOA to get in our room block and discount rate. Once January hits, rooms start to become scarce, so make them soon!!!

Days Inn
220 Waterworks Road
I-70-76 Exit 110 & PA Turnpike
Somerset, PA 15501

814-445-9200

So here it is, end of February, and we're getting a bit of crappy weather. No complaints, though - the winter has been amazing for the warm temps and lack of snow!

Every once in a while, I check this thread out and get all fired up about going to Thunder again. To quote th immortal Flounder, in the movie "Animal House": "This is gonna be GREAT!"

So here it is, end of February, and we're getting a bit of crappy weather. No complaints, though - the winter has been amazing for the warm temps and lack of snow!

Every once in a while, I check this thread out and get all fired up about going to Thunder again. To quote th immortal Flounder, in the movie "Animal House": "This is gonna be GREAT!"

Yes Bill,

You will indeed have a blast at Thunder. Great people, good food and awesome riding!!! Standby for the agenda to come in the upcoming month.

Mike

I'm gonna try and make it this year. I won't know for sure until I find out my work schedule. Maybe I can hook up with the Michigan gang as they blast through Ohio on the way to PA.. Sounds like it might be a good time!

Its not a might, it always is a good time with all the folks there. You will meet some awesome folks and all kinds of bikes. We are planning a big dyno shootout for Friday afternoon too this year at the local Yamaha Dealership. Sure hope you can make it. I have been going to Thunder for years and never a dull moment for sure!

I had camped at Thunder a few years before going down with Trevor and the guys 2 years ago. The stop at Punxy was cool, and with the exception of riding the Roadstar instead of the Max - had a great time with the Maxxers. Gonna be better this year!

Its not a might, it always is a good time with all the folks there. You will meet some awesome folks and all kinds of bikes. We are planning a big dyno shootout for Friday afternoon too this year at the local Yamaha Dealership. Sure hope you can make it. I have been going to Thunder for years and never a dull moment for sure!
Thank you for all your work and all that are in the involved in planing this event. I am happy to be able to attend and sure that it will be worth coming to.

I'd really like to go, but I'm gonna have to see about work scheduling. With my old job getting time off was no problem and I'd be in for all 3 nights, but my new job I'll be starting in a couple weeks is going to be a lot more hours and I bet much more "rigid" with scheduling. Still, I'll see what I can do.

Google shows it's around 420 miles one-way for me. At Vmax highway cruise that's around 5-6 hours of riding excluding splash-n-dash stops. A good day's ride.

Steve, if you wanted to meet up at the NY-MA border or something we could ride down together. I'd probably take I-88 that runs SW down through NY, then get on 220 and ride that all the way to Johnstown. 220 is a nice "back road" that I know is a great drive, used to take it to Williamsport to visit the grandparents.

I can get free rooms at Hilton family hotels. I saw there's a Hampton Inn(which is a hilton) in both Somerset and in Johnstown. If someone wanted to go with me, I could get a room for free.

Does anyone know the event schedule? I'm planning on going either Friday and staying over till Saturday or going Saturday and leaving Sunday. What would be better? If anyone has suggestions please let me know. Also, If anyone knows if there's any rooms left with you guys at the Days inn let me know. Or I guess I'll call once I figure out what night is better to stay. What day has the most Vmax activities? I'm only about a hour and a half away so I have a lot of options even if the rooms are sold out. But I'd rather stay at least one night. Thanks, Ed✨

vmax2extreme is the man in charge and as far as rooms the Days Inn is where we are are staying so give them a call for a room.
Days Inn
220 Waterworks Road
I-70-76 Exit 110 & PA Turnpike
Somerset, PA 15501

814-445-9200

I know VmaxMike booked a few extra rooms, I believe he still has them in reserve for fellow Maxers in need, if you need one I'm sure he will chime in!...........We plan on getting there thurs afternoon/evening and leaving Sun morning, hope you can stay longer than one day!...............Tom.

I know VmaxMike booked a few extra rooms, I believe he still has them in reserve for fellow Maxers in need, if you need one I'm sure he will chime in!...........We plan on getting there thurs afternoon/evening and leaving Sun morning, hope you can stay longer than one day!...............Tom.

Yea, I will try to come at least by Friday and hope to stay till Sunday but depending on a few things not sure about both nights. I just know I will be there for sure to meet some of you guys finally at least. I'm really looking forward to it. Ed

This will be my first!............Cant wait!.............:eusa_dance:.................Tom.

Hi Ed,

Check your PM's. The event schedule isnt complete as of yet, but all the main events are locked in. I would suggest coming up Friday morning and staying over for the Saturday events. Sunday really is departure day which nothing really happens unless your on your own. The schedule will be posted as soon as we lock in all our rides.

Looking forward to meeting everyone new and old!!!

Mike

Does anyone know the event schedule? I'm planning on going either Friday and staying over till Saturday or going Saturday and leaving Sunday. What would be better? If anyone has suggestions please let me know. Also, If anyone knows if there's any rooms left with you guys at the Days inn let me know. Or I guess I'll call once I figure out what night is better to stay. What day has the most Vmax activities? I'm only about a hour and a half away so I have a lot of options even if the rooms are sold out. But I'd rather stay at least one night. Thanks, Ed✨

I just checked with The Days Inn and there are a few rooms available. Call now before its too late. I have had several people recently ask me about rooms, so I think there will be rush for the last of them.......

Good luck!

Hey Michael thanks for getting the hotel set up and everything that you have done to make this event a great event. I hope to see every room booked and the turn out larger than than last. This is my first year so I know it will be great and also my first rally too.

just booked a room and virginia told me that she is almost full. as of now she has 1 or 2 non smoking rooms left with 1 double bed

just booked a room and virginia told me that she is almost full. as of now she has 1 or 2 non smoking rooms left with 1 double bed

Thanks for the update Bill. Looks like another good year will prevail even with the harsh economy. I will have the agenda ready to go online later this month once we finalize the rides.

Mike

:biglaugh: Room booked, I'm getting there early this year ! :clapping:

Latest posts

Back