tire balancing ???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsman30

Reaction score
tire balancing ??? update after the install

I know some where I seen a thread on balancing tires your self any one knows about this or how its done??:ummm:
Stupid steelership wants 30 buck to balance my back tire for me what a rip off :damn angry:

Last edited:
wow 30 bucks. you need a better dealer.
we have a shop that charges 20 to mount and balance.
Another shop that used to sponsor me (atv races) only charged me 15 .To do 2 dismounts and 2 mounts with balance. check with a tire shop they might be able to help.

It's a lot more then that at the local dealers here. You have to go to the independent small shops to get it done for less.

Sean

I know some where I seen a thread on balancing tires your self any one knows about this or how its done??:ummm:
Stupid steelership wants 30 buck to balance my back tire for me what a rip off :damn angry:

These work fine. Get some stick on weights, dyna-beads, and yer good to go.

$60 is a pretty ridiculous price....I made a stand out of 2 X 2's, some cheap ebay bearings and use the axle for a rod....might have $10 in it!

Lots of guys go with just the dyna-beads....they work good too.

Attachments

• 100_1034.jpg
    100_1034.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 31
local dealer here actually only charges to balance if its off balance and then its i think $7.

$60 is a pretty ridiculous price....I made a stand out of 2 X 2's, some cheap ebay bearings and use the axle for a rod....might have $10 in it!

I don't unerstand about the bead thing :ummm: you put them in the tire??
I understand everything else but not that part and how does that work after the beads are in??:ummm::ummm:

Yea you put the dyna beads in through the valve stem, as the tire is spinning the beads go to the lightest part of the wheel, I've been using them for some time now they work great, also you don't have to worry about weights flying off.

Alright I found a site thats sells them and also does FREE shipping :punk:
so if anybody want dana beads and has to order I think this maybe the way to go . I spoke with them and they said yes they are in stock and do free shipping :eusa_dance:
http://www.hondanuts.com/dynabeads.html

what you using Dan-O dyna beads or stick on weights?

you give it a thumbs up then the beads ey?, been on the fence for a while now, think V1 front tire needs it along with new springs up front

I am going to try the Dana beads with a Shinko tire and see what happens :confused2:
My bike has no shake or wobble at any speed proir to doing this so I will know right away if something is wrong. I will give an up date as to my findings with both of these products Shinko tire and Dana beads :punk:

Dyna beads are the bomb! I had my new tires mounted and balanced at the local stealer, and when I put them on they had a slight shake. Pulled the weights off and put the beads in and it hasn't got even the slightest hint of a shake. Plus it makes the rims easier to clean and you won't stub you fingers on the wheel weights when you are doing it!

I put dyna beads in my front Rune tire last evening, went for a ride - no difference. (But my tires are pretty well balanced on that bike anyway). Went back home and added them to the rear tire as well, but didn't have a chance to check it out after.

I plan on adding them to my Vmax when I get more time. I will say this about them: LITTLE BUGGERS ARE DIFFICULT TO INSTALL THROUGH THE VALVE STEM! 'Bout ruined two fingers by constantly thumping the stem to keep them flowing inwards.

Okay mounted the tire put the beads in and spun the tire around on 60 grit sand paper to scuff it up some. I went for a ride about 40 miles and it up to 75 cruising speed. After I though it was ok I slowly started to climb 120 + no shake wobble nothing straight as an arrow :punk:

So all totaled I have $86.00 invested in my tire and Dana beads :eusa_dance:

So do I recommend them to early to tell but the tire is nice with good deep grooves for rain handles nice but will handle better after some more wear on it . The beads do work I find it hard to believe that the tire was perfect so they do work.
So Shinko tour master tire :thumbs up:

Dana beads :thumbs up:
Happy with the results and save some money doing it myself :clapping:

So to all those who offered help and recommendations thank you :worthy:

I put dyna beads in my front Rune tire last evening, went for a ride - no difference. (But my tires are pretty well balanced on that bike anyway). Went back home and added them to the rear tire as well, but didn't have a chance to check it out after.

I plan on adding them to my Vmax when I get more time. I will say this about them: LITTLE BUGGERS ARE DIFFICULT TO INSTALL THROUGH THE VALVE STEM! 'Bout ruined two fingers by constantly thumping the stem to keep them flowing inwards.

I have a little electric engraving tool that I hold against the clear tube, it helps quite a bit.

I believe Naughty had an even more effective device....if memory serves.......:ummm: :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back