Trying to sell my VMAX - need an opinion on best place to do it

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just bought one last week 11/11 looking to get a deal. I picked up a clean '92 w/ 6k miles for $2900. The prev owner just had all fluids changed, plugs, carbs done, etc with all paperwork (over a grand spent). It runs great. You all think 2900 is a good, or at least fair deal?
Ah, this is what I started with before the damn vicious primate stopped by for a visit but has never left! Looks great, I paid $3500 for my '92 with 4,500 miles on it back in 2007.

so please tell, whats your dream bike?

A Moto Guzzi Griso. Nowhere near as fast as the Max of course, but all-around what I've been wanting since they came out. And the standard/streetfighter is by far my favorite genre. I'm sure I'll miss the Max - this was my second in 3 years after all - but I really like handling more than speed at this point in my life. I could always get a second Speed Triple if I wanted Max speed with awesome handling, but the Griso is so much more refined and plus I'm spoiled by shaft drives. And I hate chains, lol. I was looking at a BMW R1150R as well, but the Griso has a lot of soul to it. I'd love to show it to you when I ride down in the spring...

And I happened to luck out and sold the VMAX on Saturday to an awesome guy from Ohio. He really seemed to like the exhaust, hehe. I wish Mark would make one for the Griso.

Well I just bought one last week 11/11 looking to get a deal. I picked up a clean '92 w/ 6k miles for $2900. The prev owner just had all fluids changed, plugs, carbs done, etc with all paperwork (over a grand spent). It runs great. You all think 2900 is a good, or at least fair deal?

I think that's a terrific deal. Congrats!

A Moto Guzzi Griso. Nowhere near as fast as the Max of course, but all-around what I've been wanting since they came out. And the standard/streetfighter is by far my favorite genre. I'm sure I'll miss the Max - this was my second in 3 years after all - but I really like handling more than speed at this point in my life. I could always get a second Speed Triple if I wanted Max speed with awesome handling, but the Griso is so much more refined and plus I'm spoiled by shaft drives. And I hate chains, lol. I was looking at a BMW R1150R as well, but the Griso has a lot of soul to it. I'd love to show it to you when I ride down in the spring...

And I happened to luck out and sold the VMAX on Saturday to an awesome guy from Ohio. He really seemed to like the exhaust, hehe. I wish Mark would make one for the Griso.

congrats on the sale, and yes i would love to check out your new Griso sometime. let me know when your coming down so we can hook up.
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back