VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how well it works in a super high HP application and drag race condition?? Can the rpm's be brought up to launch or do you have to simply wack it when the light turns green. I ask because trying that with a flat slide bike might not work as well.

Sean

In another email I got from him in the past, he said you can still use the clutch as you would normally to launch.

He's tested up to 280hp and had no slipping issues.

Why would the Vmax's basket have to be drilled/tapped? Everything on their website makes it sound like a simple bolt-in swap.

It's kind of intriguing, but it's awfully pricey just for easy burnouts. Beyond that I don't see a whole lot of benefit, aside from ease of use from never having to use the clutch. I'd think that sort of thing would be more practical for off-road use, dirt bikes or quads. It'd be good for a 2-stroke, be able to get the revs up before engaging. I've gotten used to my 2-stroke, manual clutch 6 speed quad, but that 200cc single 2 stroke isn't exactly a torque monster. It screams, once you hit it's lightswitch powerband, but it can be kind of annoying for hilly trails. However, an autoclutch would cost more than I paid for the whole quad.

Wow did this topic get long winded.......well guys I'm going to have the last word on Jon Cornell!!!!!! He's a friggin scoundrel and a sack of garbage!!!!!!! Any of you not sure what to think just read what people have said about him its the TRUTH!!!!! I have provided my business/services to him, so worked with him directly. I'll just say this Tim Nash and Sean Morley are men of high integrity someone of which Jon will never know about. I'll stand for Tim and Sean, know each of them and they are geniune and honest!!!!!!!!!!!! Jon's practices and comments, well he'll pay - diggin his own grave!!!!!
All you guys that bought his 4 into 1 with the crappy collector/merge ya better go back to a 4 into 2 it'll run much better. DC

I host this video on my youtube account & I don't need a time slip to see he ran in the 8's, but you can damn sure hear him hit the juice, right at the top of 1st gear. The rpm's explode, the bike dances & hops and BAM he's shifting gears. I've built a few N20 toys and there's no mistaking that kick of cold oxygen & more raw condensed fuel entering the chamber.. He's a good drag racer & did what he set out to do.. Be the first into the 8's. All the crying foul & cheat doesn't mount to a hill of beans. It just drives his hit count up. I don't really understand why he hasn't admitted HOW he went 8's. If it was me I'd be singing the praises of my N2O setup and bragging that it stayed together & I had the balls to pull the trigger, but that's me. I think part of why is the kind of publicity these forums generate. If I wanted an all out drag bike, that is the fastest it can be, & the only guy that had accomplished this was an sob outlaw arrogant asshole, guess what? I'd watch the video again and break out the checkbook.. 23 comments, 22 likes, 5 dislikes and youtube notified me that the video was garnering enough attention that they would pay me to run advertisements on it.. I of course declined, but obviously "There's no such thing as bad publicity". Like it or not, this is his accomplishment, his "coup" on the Vmax world.. Quickest & fastest sells product..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XulZIrFycmo

Last edited:
If Vmaxguru is a straight-up guy that can be believed, why would he post this video claiming all motor if there is such high intensity of doubt about all this?

He seems like a guy, judging from his website, that would have a better feel than any of us whether this run is possible without "power adders"........

I'm still withholding judgement.....

I just don't see the point of going out on a limb with outrageous all motor claims when eventually it will be obvious whether it was all motor or not based on developments in the "modifications" market what is truly possible with this bike.......

My belief is that Lying about it would only garauntee you'll look like an asshole later...

I think that it's going to prove true generally; eventually, if not for this particular Vmax.....

I feel this is a good point that was made by Rusty. Curious to hear what Tim has to say about it?

Tim, based on all the knowledge you have on the GenII, do you believe that this run was possible without any internal engine work or nitrous?

I don't see any reason to question the validity of the run. The video looks legit to me. The question is was it possible to do that with a stock engine, no nitrous.

Personally I think it's a false statement without a couple of things... #1 the time slip, and #2 owning up to what was done to the bike. I for one believed he did it with a stock motor and normally aspirated. I may despise the man, but I am/was impressed with his time if in fact it was a stock motor and normally aspirated. If not and he claimed it was, then (not that this is humanly possible) I despise him even more.

Chris

I can go along with the video, that looks pretty conclusive to me. Sure, there could be phographic manipulation but that would be out & out fraud, and I doubt that.

Tim Nash stated it was 'motor only' with some gearing changes and weight loss, which was assumed (and semi verified by Tim) to be done with smaller wheels, and the bike being placed on a serious diet.

Not saying it wasn't mentioned but I don't recall any claims that the motor was stock, or normally aspirated.

Setting all the controversy and drama aside....it was still a hell of a run. Why isn't he showing time slips or releasing more info on that run? Hell, if I was in the business of selling performance V Max parts....and I was getting the kind of free advertising that he's getting from all this....I'd sit back and count my money too!! :punk:

I decided to post a comment on his website under the GEN2 8 second section to see what or if he would post a reply to see if in fact he wants to clarify his record setting run.

Here is a copy and paste of what I wrote;

You claim that you set the record on a Gen2 Vmax of 8.87 seconds at 156.82 mph, which is indeed very impressive. Now do you have the time slip for this run and was it done on a normally aspired engine.
I just think that a record run like this needs to have no dought that it was done to show credence to accomplishments.
Mike

To me the video does not prove the run, no matter how impressive it may look. Facts are facts and bullshit is bullshit. If he did in fact hit that time and speed, wouldn't want to prove it to all that is interested?

Mike

Uh oh, now the winds have blown this over to his turf. Prepare for the shit-storm to begin.

He either didn't post it, or already deleted it, since there's no such comment on the 8sec page.

If it was me I'd be singing the praises of my N2O setup and bragging that it stayed together...but you can damn sure hear him hit the juice, right at the top of 1st gear. The rpm's explode, the bike dances & hops and BAM he's shifting gears.

Is that what that is? I thought Jon fucked first gear and could have shifted into 2nd way earlier. I would have..:rofl_200:

It's hard to tell if any funny gas was used.... watch the video carefuly and you can see his right elbow is up high for the launch (like it should be) as he launches he drops it to almost horizontal, right before the RPMs jump, his elbow goes even lower. Now, I'm in NO way trying to defend anyone here, but I can't really tell if anything was sprayed. That track is a pretty rough and bouncy track... especially in the shutdown area... and when I ran a 40 shot of NOS at that track on my gen 1, I think I spun through 3rd gear.... my time was slow as hell, but my MPH was up there.

I feel this is a good point that was made by Rusty. Curious to hear what Tim has to say about it?
Tim, based on all the knowledge you have on the GenII, do you believe that this run was possible without any internal engine work or nitrous?

I don't see any reason to question the validity of the run. The video looks legit to me. The question is was it possible to do that with a stock engine, no nitrous.

I gave this a lot of thought. Yes. I think it can be done. Like it or not, NOS or not, it has been done. Did Jon Cornelle of UFO do it with all motor? Let's take an analytical look at it. He was running 9.22 on September 6th. He then came back and between Sept 6th and Nov 15th made the following visible upgrades:

1. Made his own triple tree/sensor brackets, re-designed the front forks, brake system and front wheel.
2. Made his own rear wheel which required machining the center spoke out and welding a new hoop to the spoke & chunk.

As for the upgrades not visible, he states in V-Boost:
"I can tell you when all things were said and done this bike didn't use Stock Injection (sp. ECU controlled Throttle Plates), ignition or even the ABS."

This means, atop the other visible accomplishments he undertook with the front end and rear wheel, he would have also needed to change the Fuel Injection computer, added an ignition system and re-wired the bike so it would run without the original ECU. Anyone that has ever attempted to retrofit a bike with an aftermarket fuel injection system or ignition system would know what a huge undertaking this would be. Even removing the fuel injection system and adding carbs would be a pretty big undertaking. You would have to make manifolds and boots, re-do the fuel system for the correct pressure and somehow keep the ECU from the "Limp Mode" soft ignition timing. I don't know how he would get around some of the issues that would be involved with disabling the safety features that would prevent the bike from even starting.

Now, here is the kicker. You remember that phone call I got from him when he was sneaking off to the track and the bike was in "Limp Mode" from the front wheel sensor? That was only a week or two before he made the 8 second run. Any "Limp Mode" tells me the original ECU was on the bike at that time. This, in turn, cuts down the amount of time to retrofit the bike with aftermarket products to a week or two. As an Electronics Eng., I would not be able to do so in that time frame. This is where he started to insult my intelligence and started our downfall. I knew he was lying. This is my educated opinion.

My vacation ends today so I will not be able to stay atop this thread. Jon, I sternly warned you not to continue stealing from me. In retort, you got ugly and spit lies in my face in front of everyone. Since its start, in my opinion this thread has gone on to prove you to be an opportunistic thief and a liar, beyond any doubt. The next time someone that knows you as well as I do warns you not to lie and steal, I suggest you heed it. For now, I pray for you.

I am done with this one,
Tim Nash

Last edited:
Well said Tim. Since I don't see Jon ever speaking his mind on here, I'll close the thread.

I think we've beat this around enough already.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back