What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how expensive? I'm right at 1150.00 for the Ohlins at my local shop.

My wheels arrived today. My bike is going to be the handsomest bike on the site. (to me) The wheels are at my local bike shop to have tires fitted. The techs are currently playing "not it" for mounting them. Be afraid.......

I will extend the same price to anyone on the list for the first set of shocks - this would be 15% off of retail (my cost) plus shipping:

Here is retail info - these would be custom made to order:
These prices are for the Twin V-Max shocks.
PS-8900E $1,250 Single Adjustable Emulsions Compression/Rebound controlled by one Adjuster.

PS-8983-PB $2,050 Double Adjustable Piggybacks, Separate Compression and Rebound Adjusters.

PS-8980 $1,495 Single Adjustable Piggybacks, Compression/Rebound controlled by one Adjuster, with separate nitrogen chamber.

I gave the vmax a bath and changed the plugs today and they were black carbon fouled and on top of that the # 2 cylinder had a partialy roasted bee in it stuck to the electrode from yesterday, damn they were a thick swarm:bang head: I`m gonna stay the "F" away from that place for a while.
<<Dave>>

Pulled the clutch basket today to check the shift segment. Broke the basket. Its all good though, picking up the spare tomorrow, bike that is :biglaugh::eusa_dance::biglaugh::eusa_dance::punk::punk::punk:

I got my last order of parts from Yamaha as well as the pipes I got from JeffB. The pipes look like brand new. What a deal. Gotta work tomorrow morning then take my lady to the coast for Mom's day and her birthday, should be back to work on the bike Monday nite, hope to be up and running next weekend. WOO HOO!!!

I took the bike out for a good ride out to Fargo`s place to go pick up the vmax he bought (he got a killer deal) and then rode back home again.
Today was a good day to ride; the traffic sucked but the weather was great.:eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>

hey KJ, had u not been online for a few days? i dont' remember hearing from ya..

Been busy with going back to work on monday, band practice, and geting things organized for school in the fall.

Today I washed the bike up and put some more miles on it. I noticed I have a header leak were the downtubes meet the Kerker. Tomorrow I'll deal with that, then put more milage on it.

Been busy with going back to work on monday, band practice, and geting things organized for school in the fall.

Today I washed the bike up and put some more miles on it. I noticed I have a header leak were the downtubes meet the Kerker. Tomorrow I'll deal with that, then put more milage on it.

Let me know how you deal with this. I am dealing with it and havent figured it out:confused2::ummm:

Let me know how you deal with this. I am dealing with it and havent figured it out:confused2::ummm:

I was thinking about removing the downtubes and putting a little permatex copper on both the downtubes and the header and then putting it back together.

Its barley there on one downtube but the other its noticeable. You can smell it while idling and feel it when you put your hand near the joint.

well, I couldn't sleep so I started about 2am this morning and removed the downtubes from my Kerker. I put a thin bead of Permatex ultracopper high heat gasket material around the end and about a 1/4" from the end and let it set for a little bit.

I then, using my finger put some more permatex around the upper end of the recieving part of the header, after letting that set up for a little bit. I put the downtubes back on and bolted them up to the engine.

Just tested it out, and no more leaks. There was a break in the rain so I took her out for an hour and the headers are still leak free.

I left for work and tried to shift into second. The shifter went up but nothing else happened. The pics show why. When shifting the lower part moved with the shifter. Thanks to Morley for the part!

Attachments

• img 062 (Large).jpg
    img 062 (Large).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 25
  • img 063 (Large).jpg
    img 063 (Large).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 26
Just finished installing some ohlins piggy backs on the 02,look good but havent ridden yet to confirm,seem very stiff by sitting on it.I am very close to touching the undertail exhaust so if they touch i guess they will be up for sale as well as the works performance ones that i just bought a few weeks back and then i will be buying a set of penske from sean with remote resovoirs so i dont have this issue with the exhaust,i will let you guys know what happens.:ummm:

Today I finally let the husband "open 'er up" on the highway. I took his KLR, and ran interference from waaaaay back there, obviously. KLR is slow. I will never tell him how sexy he looks on a Vmax, nor will I ever let him know that I really like that KLR, it's comfy and tall.

Today I finally let the husband "open 'er up" on the highway. I took his KLR, and ran interference from waaaaay back there, obviously. KLR is slow. I will never tell him how sexy he looks on a Vmax, nor will I ever let him know that I really like that KLR, it's comfy and tall.

So what was his reaction :ummm:

So what was his reaction :ummm:
He'll never say it because he knows how nice a bike it is and he won't admit it. He just said it was "smooth" and it "accelerates fast." That's the best I'm going to get from him.

I mean, if your wife rode a kick-ass bike with twice the cc's of yours, much faster, smoother, and hotter-looking than yours, would you tell her so?

ordered some fancy rear shocks. And as useless as it may be, might ad a steering damper. I like the way they look. I'm not under any false impressions I'm going to transform the bike. I'm just bad with money. :)

I left for work and tried to shift into second. The shifter went up but nothing else happened. The pics show why. When shifting the lower part moved with the shifter. Thanks to Morley for the part!

.....and exactly ...."how did this happen?" :ummm:......lol

He'll never say it because he knows how nice a bike it is and he won't admit it. He just said it was "smooth" and it "accelerates fast." That's the best I'm going to get from him.

I mean, if your wife rode a kick-ass bike with twice the cc's of yours, much faster, smoother, and hotter-looking than yours, would you tell her so?
Ha Ha that's great CB!

I put the K & N air filter on and the "Y" back on the air box but when I went to adjust the mixture screws, I got a little surprise, the # 3 screw is frozen solid :bang head:(house mouse ) so now I guess it`s carb play time.:damn angry:
<<Dave>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back