I crashed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppop

Reaction score
Friday was a bad day/good day.Had a reck lived to talk about it.There was a car coming in on my left side,In Front of me a car darts around a a car stoped in the slow lane and turning lane.A fire truck and police car are in the turning lane.They were there showing respect for a fallen soilder whose procession had went by earler.Iwent between the fire truck and the people trying to turn onto the off ramp.After that unsure.Know i laid it down on left side i was behind it;Somehow ended up 10 ft ahead of it with a pretty big roadsign laying down too.The bike and me both hert.The fireman ran and ask me to at least set down.Another come and ask are you allright then said it wasn;t your fault;You just dodged a hell of a reck;youre lucky to be alive.I was ok clothes tore up bleeding a little.The cop talked to the fireman then she came a talked to me.I wasn;t charged .I assured her i was ok.Igot the bike up it finally started'and came home.Friday afternoon i began repairs that lasted well into the night;same thing sat/sun.Took it out sunday night.Not good have to keep slight pressure on right side handel bars.Forks now hit radaitor on one side.I turn it one way the bike lowers turn it the other it lifts.frame bent right? any help or advice greatly appreciated.Sorry about my grammer been a long time since high school.frame info anything THANKS YOU ALL!!!

Attachments

• Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 105
  • Picture 066.jpg
    Picture 066.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Picture 060.jpg
    Picture 060.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Picture 069.jpg
    Picture 069.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture 082.jpg
    Picture 082.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 96
OMG, I haven't even read further yet. God, I hope you're alright....
Very happy you're alright..

I see you have a 90 model do you have collision coverage. They'll want to total it if you have a bent frame.
Options: CaptainKyle possibly still has a good 96 frame with title. PATMAX has or had a new unregistered frame...

Keep us posted and I don't care what grammar you use Bro....

Sorry to hear of your lay down . Damn glad it wasn't too bad on the body. bike can be replaced , you can't. Heal quickly , if not totaled , let us know what you need. :punk:

Dude that sucks. It's great that your injuries were superficial and you are okay.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Any wreck you can walk away from is a good wreck... let us know what you need for parts.... I have a BUNCH that I need to get rid of... let us know what you need.

Jeff

Conrats on still being here! The frames can take some tremendous pounding and a few dings in it won't normally hurt anything but visual.

Sean

Betcha you will be sore after a JOLT like that! Like everyone else glad you are OK.

Get healed up and back on the horse!:punk:

Always glad to hear that your alright. Like it has been said before bike can be repaired. As long as you are able to ride another day. Best to you on a speedy recovery.

I Know it sucks about the Bike, but at least you're OK and that's what really matters.

It's good to be alive! Just keep riding like their all out to get you, because they are.

Glad to hear you are doing well, the out come could have been a lot worse. Hang in there and keep us posted, take care.

not a nice feeling, at least you are OKish

on the other hand you may find that replacing forks and bottom yoke (triple) will sort your tracking!

Jeez Pop, that really stinks!! There's lots of positives tho....you walked away, a cop was there as a witness and you have lots of very knowledgeble friends to get your baby up and going again.

The grammer?....Don't give it a second thought! :punk:

Sounds like the front end took most of the hit....check the stops on your lower triple, maybe one is broken....check the front wheel for run-out and see if the forks are bent. Let us know what you come up with.

Is the radiator or motor leaking any fluid?

This forum is an awesome place. The community here is so tight and I'm glad to see all the comradery. As I'm a new first time VMax owner, I don't have any additional parts or expertise to offer you poppop. Only thing I could do was contribute money to the forum to help keep it going so that's what I did. Hopefully everyone here will have back on the road in no time.

Back