Finally uploaded Pics from last Springs redo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
I took these last spring after going through the whole bike cosmetically cleaning it up and redoing the paint with all new aftermarket body work. Had posted a couple, made an album finally.

It has since been torn back down due to a tranny failure a week after taking these.......Getting a new engine if I ever get time...

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=798

preview

Attachments

• DSC04110.jpg
    DSC04110.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 34
A work of art,...........and a labor of love. Very nice!

I really like the look of you bike Rusty, nice blend of color and form. I especially like the rear 3/4 (from either side!).

Attachments

• user231_pic6178_1333918002.jpg
    user231_pic6178_1333918002.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 25
  • user231_pic6180_1333918002.jpg
    user231_pic6180_1333918002.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 20
Well thoght out, well executed. Readt for Exactrep catalog! Whole new meaning to
"Slammed in the weeds" grass ain't the best photographic back drop but is solid color which helps the bike POP off the page. How about dropping this forks up the trees and inch or so? May hit the tank with bars though.
I'm jealous!

Thanks for the compliments guys, much appreciated!

The bike actaully hasn't been lowered at all, my grass just needs to be cut.

i'd be interested in your setup. make/model of gauge/o2 sensor, bracket for handlebar mount?
thnx!

I'm running a Dynojet Wideband Commander system, you can look it up, but it has a very good amount of datalogging capabilities beyond just driving the A/F guage, throttle position, boost/vaccum, exhaust temp, etc..and also some programmable outputs which would make it ideal for running a nitrous system or whatnot since you can make stuff come on at certain RPM's and "failsafe" it by limiting it to coming on only between certain A/F parameters--- i.e. "Leanout protection"....The only thing I've used on the bike is for driving a second shift light, which I no longer have in my set up....I used nearly all these features when I had it on my wifes car...

Mounting;
The guage supplied is analog as you can see, and is meant for dash or panel mounting,...I ordered a carbon fiber "gauge cup" as they call it from Summit along with a bracket like you would use to mount it to a roll bar or whatnot.
The handlebar mounting area was drilled and tapped for 6/32" screws in order to mount it.....

It uses a Bosch LMU sensor and I've found it to be very accurate when I had it on my wifes supercharged 350Z when compared against Dyno A/F logging equipment....
The sensor is mounted in one of the midpipes and can be seen in a couple of the pics....
Sensor life can be an issue, I'v gone through 4 sensors, 2 on the car and 2 since mounted on the bike....The wideband sensors are about $70-80 bucks a pop...
For some reason the display doesn't mean a whole lot unless the bike is turning at least 1300-1800 roms or so, the idle numbers are meaningless, it didn't do that on the car so I think it's either the mounting location or the amount of flow it's getting, since it's only seeing two cylinders, 600cc at idle isn't a whole lot of flow....I dunno for sure tho, but the idle numbers aren't important to me really anyway..

The data logging is turned on or off with a separate switch. It'll hold about 10 minutes of data, and I do use that for tuning purposes, using the old "Factory Jet Kit" tuning procedure and adding the info I get on A/F to know whats really going on instead of guessing whether it's acting hinky due to lean or rich...

You can log in to it with a laptop to pull out all the data logging it does, the software has some really nice playback features and graphical displays showing you A/F and RPM, I really need to add a TPS to my setup so that would show on the graph as well, but haven't gotten around to finding a TPS to fit to it and sorting out the 5 volt power supply I would need.....You also use a laptop to set up the programmable output settings, and program the warning light built in to the guage.

There are some more popular WideBand setups out there in the hot rod community but I do not like ANY digital guages, they require you to "study" them to hard rather than being able to just glance and see where the needle is to get a feel for how things are going...I've heard someone say the Dynojet WBC wasn't accurate, but I disagree on that one based on the experiences of having it compared to many dyno run sessions on the wifeys car....

thanks for the info rusty. i think thats a bit more $$ than i'd like to spend as i think most the time i'd want to use it to tune my a/f screws which looks like it might be an issue. i've seen my dyno guy tune the a/f screw this way but could be because i have 6 o2 bungs in my exhaust (6-8" from each exhaust port and one in each Y) (walker exhaust).

i've seen the innovate wideband gauges for around $160 on ebay with the heated o2 sensors. i'd probably hook it up to my trickle charger since thats already fused. any idea what kind of amperage these setups draw?

all good info. thanks again man!

:eusa_dance:WOW!! The Monkey on your back must be HAPPY:eusa_dance:

I noticed that after all the Mods youve done to the bike and No MONKEY AWARD? We should change that..

thanks for the info rusty. i think thats a bit more $$ than i'd like to spend as i think most the time i'd want to use it to tune my a/f screws which looks like it might be an issue. i've seen my dyno guy tune the a/f screw this way but could be because i have 6 o2 bungs in my exhaust (6-8" from each exhaust port and one in each Y) (walker exhaust).

i've seen the innovate wideband gauges for around $160 on ebay with the heated o2 sensors. i'd probably hook it up to my trickle charger since thats already fused. any idea what kind of amperage these setups draw?

all good info. thanks again man!

I'm not sure without going back thru my manual. Gut tells me draw is insignificant except for the heated sensor, not sure about that part tho. I have it on a separate fuse but can't remember the sizing

Back