95 fork assembly help!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skooter

Reaction score
I took my forks apart on my 95 and need to double check to see if I am putting them back right. I have a small spring, about 1" long and same dia as the main spring. now does this go on the dampiner rod before i put it into the tube? The parts that came out are leg, slider tube, small spring, damp rod, washer, main spring, spacer, cap, Thanks, sorry for the stupid question.:confused2:

Yes, rebound spring fits on damper before reinstallation. This diagram should help.

Attachments

• latemodelfork (640 x 480).jpg
    latemodelfork (640 x 480).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 19
Not to be a smart ass but why are people taking apart their Maxes and don't own a service manual or refuse to look up the needed info on the many sites that have the info? MOst everybody here is willing to help but this post just got me thinking...:confused2:

Not to be a smart ass but why are people taking apart their Maxes and don't own a service manual or refuse to look up the needed info on the many sites that have the info? MOst everybody here is willing to help but this post just got me thinking...:confused2:

Because it's fun and a good way to learn! Any ways post a picture of the part so I know it is the part I'm thinking of.

Yes, rebound spring fits on damper before reinstallation. This diagram should help.

I looked at that fiche Mark and even tho I know where the springs go it sure isn't clear in the pic. The way they are showing the spring could easily be misinterpreted as threads or oil grooves in the damper.

If I had the talent I'd put an arrow pointing to the spring...that might help clear it up for the poster. IMO

*The springs in question are shown as grooves on the upper part of the damper rod, just above the "11, 31" numbers on Marks pic

danny

This picture might help you out. Ignore the emulator. I'm pretty sure you are referring to the top out spring.

Attachments

• Emulator1.jpg
    Emulator1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 19
sometimes we all just need a sanity check. microfiche's and manuals arent' always perfect. whats clear to one may not be to another as well....

I know you were just thinking out loud, and this aint personal, just my tuppence worth.... but some people just get stuck on little things which may seem obvious.... and that's where we all come in on this forum. I don't even bother with any other VMAX forums anymore, not even in my own country, despite being a member of the VMAX Club UK. Everyone here is always more than willing to answer the most mundane questions, but that simple info can be the difference between finishing the task yourself, or taking a bag full of bits to the local stealers (dealers) / garage :biglaugh:

I know you were just thinking out loud, and this aint personal, just my tuppence worth.... but some people just get stuck on little things which may seem obvious.... and that's where we all come in on this forum. I don't even bother with any other VMAX forums anymore, not even in my own country, despite being a member of the VMAX Club UK. Everyone here is always more than willing to answer the most mundane questions, but that simple info can be the difference between finishing the task yourself, or taking a bag full of bits to the local stealers (dealers) / garage :biglaugh:

I second this thought whole heartedly. Some times the lil things that are the most confusing. And with a nudge in the right direction, it all becomes clear.

+1 :punk:

Back