battery crimp mod on an 06?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06VMAXIMUS

Reaction score
Checking some of the older posts on the site, I came across the "solder solution for the battery crimp" mod. Is this something I should look into for my 06?? I don't seem to have any problems...and I don't want to either. Not sure if anyone with a newer max has come across this same issue or if its something that Yamaha straightened out on the newer bikes.:ummm:

The connection deteriorates over time. I would find it, solder it, and insulate with shrink tubing.

It is found in the harness right above and behind the battery.

Saying that, I think there are a few more of those in various places in the harness too..

Cut the crimp out all together and use some marine grade butt splices. They have heat shrink built into them. PM Noxxx 72 he has some good stuff to use instead of the crimps and can point you in the right direction
Cheers

DID MY "06" SOLDER FIX THE FIRST WEEK I HAD IT ! DRAG BARS & A UFO SEAT TO !...:punk:

haven't had any problems on my 2k3, but may do it down the line.

is it possible a battery gone bad will not let the bike fire correctly ? Seems as though it's not fireing on all 4... Pops and sputters. Will a bad battery effect the performance of the bike. It's an Odessy that is 2 yrs. old... Will not hold a charge. Is this possible ???

Did the crimp fix on my 86'... Should go ahead and do it to this 98' as well... I believe Yammy fixed the charging issues by this time if I've read correctly here n there... This battery thing has me goin though...

is it possible a battery gone bad will not let the bike fire correctly ? Seems as though it's not fireing on all 4... Pops and sputters. Will a bad battery effect the performance of the bike. It's an Odessy that is 2 yrs. old... Will not hold a charge. Is this possible ???

Well if it won't hold a charge and you don't have any other issues on the bike then I'd point at the battery. My buddy had a Odyssey go bad and it wouldn't run. It was VERY strange actually...

I'd test the charging system to make sure it's putting out what it should be and make sure there's not a draw somewhere.

Chris

Yep, low voltage problem can and most likely would cause ignition problems.

Latest posts

Back