VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definietly look cool.. esp coated black!

I would verify that it allows you to keep the center stand. Doesn't Mark make a 3/4 exhaust to bolt on to the stock head pipes? I would go that route before this one. 13lbs seems pretty heavy. Must have baffles in it. Are you just looking for sound? Then this is the way to go. If you're looking for performance than increasing the diameter of the head pipes is recommended.

Chris

Note from a newbie who does more lurking than writing:

I was also looking at these since one than one has appeared on ebay recently, but those on ebay are just the rear muffler section. I went to the manufacturer's site and they also sell the front downpipes but do not show an exact picture:
http://www.delkevic.com/?section=sh...pes&start=0&search_term=&order_by=&currency=3

I also found a UK ebay seller than shows part of the front pipes:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-V-Max-Delkevic-V-Max-Chrome-Header-downpipes_W0QQitemZ280363634246QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item4146f98e46&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30 .

I can not find any reviews for either product. I have purchased a used V-max with stage7 and just Kerker slipons, so I was interested if this was a potential header upgrade for me. I wonder if they are more of an aftermarket replacement of the stock OEM system rather than a performance upgrade, since no performance claims are made.

Dan

Dan if you're wanting a good American made system that gives proven power and an amazing V8 rumble, I'd look at Marks exhaust. You can find a link in the VMF links page.

Dont buy it. I have one set smashed due the crash.
Cut them into pieces and use some material to another project.
So i can tell how they look inside.

Mine are identical but named by LASER SYSTEM.

Yes, you can keep the centerstand with them.

And the're very very quite. Even stock exhaust is louder.
Only good thing with them is they are made from stainless steel.

Delkevic Products

I was currently on their site as im considering getting some of their engine guards . I see now and then they have them on ebay . Has anyone bought them or seen them , what are they like ?

Re: Delkevic Products

I have them on hand for a while, looks preatty good and the're stainless.
Weldings could be better but what can i say if they run about 100$ :)

Delkevic Slip-On Exhaust Question

I have read everything on this site about these exhausts but didn't see where anyone actually had a set. Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust so far as sound, build quality, weight, ease of installation, etc? I like the look (at least as far as I can tell in pictures) and the stainless steel construction. The price seems reasonable also. I did see the video provided by one of the eBay sellers but the video sound quality wasn't so great.

Re: Delkevic Slip-On Exhaust Question

I do.

If you wanna something like stock exhaust, similar weight and similar sound
that could be a good choice.
IMHO even stock system is louder then D.

They're welded good, looks ok and fits very well.
Some kind of alternative for "rusty" stock exhaust.
Nothing more.

I have one set cuted into pieces if you wanna look inside.

You may also want to buy D. stainless front/down pipes.

Re: delkevic exhaust

Nobody? I don't know how to post a link, but here is the item number 270550172543 on ebay. Nice video clip and dyno. Sounds pretty nice and looks like some good gains over the entire rev range.

I believe Morley's Muscle sells Delkevic stuff.......I have no experience with that exhaust:confused2:

They're only slip-ons so you won't gain much - if any - hp. It will just look and sound better, and also be a helluva lot lighter than the stock item which weigh a ton.

Delkevic is very popular in Europe, and they also use those in MotoGP bikes.

The stuff we have had pass through us is nice enough quality. I have asked them to consider making me some wheels we can sell. I think I am about 10% off the retail price on the stuff. BUT, as noted the parts aren't really for a HP gain. Mostly to replace old parts with nicer stuff. In all fairness there isn't really ANY brand of slip-on that will gain you any power either. You need a full header if you want to get a real gain.

Sean

Thanks for the replies guys. Sean thanks for the info.! I don't see them listed on your website, what would your price be?

email me directly if you would with the ones you are interested in and I will find out for you.

Sean

Latest posts

Back