VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: delkevic exhaust

" LOL " I HEAR YA' , I PUT MY BAR ENDS ON TONIGHT & I HAD TO COOK DINER & PLAY MONSTER TRUCKS WITH MY SEVEN YEAR OLD SON . .. I WAS UP LAST NIGHT UNTIL 3 AM WATCHING DRAG RACING THAT I HAD RECORDED OVER THE WEEK-END , PLUS I HAVE TO TAKE MY BELLY PAN OFF ALSO AND MOUNT MY EASY PASS IN IT , SO I'M " DRAGGING ASS " TONIGHT , I HAVE MARRIAGE COUNSELING TOMORROW NIGHT , SO MAYBE THURSDAY NIGHT I'LL START ! ... BUT I AM DYING TO HEAR THEM !

....Pathetic excuse lol..

Attachments

• Erik_estrada.jpg
    Erik_estrada.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 18

The mod monkey can't understand the holdup either!

Attachments

• Vmaxcruzers monkey.gif
    Vmaxcruzers monkey.gif
    146.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

TOOK MY EXHAUST OFF TODAY AT LUNCH TIME , NEW EXHAUST WILL BE ON TONIGHT AFTER COUNSELING ! ... THE MOD MONKEY KEPT BURNING ME WITH HIS CIGARETTE ALL DAY ! ... :rofl_200:

Obie says get those pipes on ! :rofl_200:

Attachments

• O' Bama, finger.jpg
    O' Bama, finger.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 15

Maybe he's out taking it for a spin :confused2:

Attachments

• monkey_motorcycle.jpg
    monkey_motorcycle.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 30

well I put them on , Wednesday night , the fit wasn't great ! , the holes where the cans mount into the stock mounting holes near the rear foot pegs are slotted more or less , up & down , but they need to be slotted more from left to right , the pipes on the slip-ons where they go onto the stock pipes have 4 slits in each about an inch long , ( should only be a 1/2 inch long ) but the stock pipe is only about 1 & 1/16 long where they go " into" the slip-ons , so the stock pipes must go all the way in , or exhaust leaks out of the slits , obviously ! ... But the muffler has to come forward at least 1/4 inch to accomplish this , so i had to drill out the mounting holes & slide the slip-ons forward ! ... They look good , they are louder then stock but a lot quieter then the guys at the brownie run last year ! ... I'm sick & have a fever and still rode today 110.8 miles to check them out , nothing gained , but nothing lost performance wise ! ... Bike runs the same , they look much better then stock & are a lot lighter ! ... So I'm happy with them now , but at 11:00 pm on Wednesday night , you could have baked an egg on my frigging head ! ... I called delkevic and their 2 tech guys are supposed to call me from the "UK" next Saturday ! ... We will see !

I had similar fitment issues with my Supertrapps Tim - the mounting holes just weren't quite in the right place. I wonder if the ends of the headers differ from bike to bike..

Hope you get better soon, I'm feeling a bit under the weather myself (been burning the candle at both ends to be fair) but fever always really sucks.

delkevic exhaust

Hi, was trying to gather opinions on the delkevic full exhaust, they have quoted me $580 plus shipping but I have to wait 6-8 weeks till they have some made.
Anyone have this exhaust?
Any pros or cons to this exhaust?
Rejetting required?
Thanks in advance for everyones opinion
Paul

Delkevic really dosn't make a "full" exhaust system for the Gen 1. Thier downpipes are nothing more than an OEM replacement. So unless there is something wrong with your stockers I would take them off the list.

The mufflers are the slip on variety with the crosspipe. These are the only thing you need if your wanting to go that route, with this company.

Coprunner is using these muffs on his '06 if I remember right.

MY DELKEVIC PIPES HAVE 500 MILES OR SO ON THEM NOW & THEY HAVE GOTTEN A LITTLE LOUDER , I GUESS THE PACKING HAS GOTTEN " PACKED " , IT SOUNDS GOOD , I'M GLAD THAT IT HAS GOTTEN A LITTLE LOUDER ! ... :punk:

Hi,
Does this system come complete with rear down pipes? And does anyone know if they are available in the UK? I am in need of a complete system and dont have the stock rear pipes.

Thanks,
Alan.

Hi,
Does this system come complete with rear down pipes? And does anyone know if they are available in the UK? I am in need of a complete system and dont have the stock rear pipes.

Thanks,
Alan.

No they come only with the cans and tubes leading to the down tubes/headers.

You can get them at Exactrep I believe. Check out the VMF links page for more info.

Chris

Yep, Or I ship all over the planet! I have aftermarket (typically Kerker) as well as oem stuff.

Sean

Back