EBC Brake Pads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackjack

Reaction score
Reading articles and posts it appears that the EBC brake pads are the best replacement for the Vmax. I found the complete set front and rear on ebay (See link below).

Any comments or suggestions are welcome before I make this purchase.

Click Here!

These are most definitely the ones to go for.

Seems to be a decent deal for all 6 pads, but I'd always check with Sean Morley first anyway.

sure are good pads for the bike. guess price has gone up over the years, last time i bought some dont think they were that much, but if thats the best deal you can find go for it.

sure are good pads for the bike. guess price has gone up over the years, last time i bought some dont think they were that much, but if thats the best deal you can find go for it.

Remember how terrible my brakes were Ro?
well i just changed from Galfer pads to ebc and its like night and day...
I can actually stop on a dime now :biglaugh:

So yes highly reccomend ebc!

I quoted him $100 shipped which was 10% under their price.

Sean

Remember how terrible my brakes were Ro?
well i just changed from Galfer pads to ebc and its like night and day...
I can actually stop on a dime now :biglaugh:

So yes highly reccomend ebc!

ya i sure do man, i thought you already had them. i know i have them on my bike up in the yukon, and figured they are the same on V2 the bike you drove. for sure they need to be broke in and warmed to get maximum braking effect. :punk:

guess you need them eh bill with the little blue power adder hahahah

Adding the EBC HH front pads was one of my first mods just because the stocks pads put the fear of god in me when I tried to stop. Soon after I added the EBC's I realized that I need to change out the fork springs! Night and day difference!
I am now running EBC HH's on my hayabusa front calipers and man they really work well!

EBC pads better than Galfer ?
I used to put Galfer since I did put Galfer disks since they recommend it but never tried EBC yet.

I have HH pads on front and EBC rotors, all I can say is wow. I'm now looking to upgrade my front springs too.

Pretty sure they are the XC, they are wavey, and full floating:
http://www.ebcbrakes.com/motorcycle...tor/xc_series_fully_floating_disc_rotor.shtml
I also have the SS lines from Sean which are a need-to-have. I had the non-full floating Galfer rotors and pads but when my buddy smoked a deer with it we didn't realize that the right front rotor got ever so slightly bent. He repaired the bike (drivable) before we showed up so my wife and I could still go on our planned bike vacation. After about 1000kms into the trip, and a little spirited riding :biglaugh: I developed a wicked pulsation in the front brake. I realized what it was pretty quickly and stopped at a Yamaha dealer (who would have sold a new Max that day if he could have gotten his hands on one). He let me use his lift and tools to remove the right caliper and zip tie it to the frame so I could at least use the front brake. We couldn't get a rotor to replace the Galfer quickly so in the end I was forced to replace both rotors while at my parent's place. The only thing I could easily get was EBC (I wasn't the only one on vacation, right Sean?). Other than the cost of buying front rotors twice in two years I am not disappointed. They work great. It's actually surprising how far the front dives now, hence the need for new suspension. The Galfer brakes were certainly cheaper in cost but the EBC are far superior IMO. I will be ordering some new springs and some black 440's from Sean once my wife's memory of how much money I have spent on my bike kind of fades... maybe I will suggest suspension as a Christmas present.:eusa_dance:

u got any up close pics of them installed? i'd love to see 'em on a bike.

I installed the EBC pads on my stocker 85 rotors. Got some squeal and didnt notice much difference. Yea new seals needed.

Maybe I compared them to my other bikes late model front end which stops on a dime.

No pics of the EBC, Galfer yes. I admit, two different guys bedded the Galfers and the EBC. Who knows if that had an impact in their performance. My buddy did the Galfers, I did the EBC. I really don't have much to compare to as my previous bike was a Honda Transalp. Single front rotor, dual purpose.

Latest posts

Back