Ignitech programmable TCI-plug & play group purchase definately happening

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid for the TCI order with Ignitech tonight. They are difficult to deal with by emails due to language difference. Phone would be worse probably, if they had someone that spoke English.

I don't think I will have them by this weekend though as I planned. I had hoped to get them sent out next Monday.

I will have 2 more units for sale if anyone is still interested.

Gary

TCI order has been accepted by Ignitech this morning.

I believe they understand about the cable lengths, they dropped the upcharge.

I also got them to throw in the male side of the connector that hooks in to the bikes harness. Reason for this is the Ignitech plug locks do not match the bikes harness locks. With the other end users can choose to swap out this connector if desired. The connector as it is has given me no problems, I just asked for these because they probably threw them away anyhow. Paid a $1.00 for the terminals for each pair but it was worth it.

The connector swap is NOT necessary to use the TCI. See attached picture of what I sent them. Picture shows two six pin connectors, will be getting one six pin & one eight pin connector.

Haven't seen a shipping notice yet, but it will take a little time to get harnesses made up. 2nd picture shows an 83-89 Venture/85-89 VMax harness.

I really hope this all comes together, it's looking good at this point.

beersign.gif

Gary

Attachments

• connector end.jpg
    connector end.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 54
  • cable length.jpg
    cable length.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 54
Do you learn anything more about vboost control using this unit Gary?

Good job!:punk:

Dale #2592

My day job is as a Mechanical design engineer in the R&D portion of an Emerson sub company. We make bimetalic sensors and wide variety of thermal cut outs. In the R&D group we are developing new electronic based sensors for a number of applications. I have a Electrical eng. that is helping me come up with away of using the Ignitech module to drive a servo motor.

Just sent Morley a request to borrow an aftermarket vboost controler he has that may help develop this. Looks like the stock and the aftermarket have an 8088 8 bit controller that probably won't be needed with the Ignitech unit. EE is thinking we can use a bridge audio amplifier chip to drive the out put signal neg & pos to control servo motor.

With the ignitech TCI I think it will be possible to have the vboost open at 10 different points based on RPM curve, opening an increasing amount at each point, this curve will be user defined in the existing ignitech software.

This will not be a quick lead time devolopment. Realistic time frame will be over winter to devolop, source parts & test.

Gary

I still want one to play with but need to get in on the next go around if there is one.i think it will work for our app.just bad timing for me right now.ill follow you guys progress though. Take care ,mike

I'm on board for one, once some base maps are uploaded & ready for use. I'm too busy with Customer related cars & 7 Bikes torn down currently to Tinker.. But following progress as well. I'm working on an piecing together an exhaust system now, so I'll make better use of this ign.

Question, what COP units are being used on any retro-fits? Any particular versions, model bikes, etc? I have a set here from a 99 CBR F4 (Harness also - so I have the conn plugs), They are pretty small, have to chk specs.

Thanks

Gary,
I've been following your thread with an outside interest in what you've been doing. I'd like to second Dale's (Veeboster) comments that this is really "a very worthwhile project" . Please keep us interested V-Maxers posted with your progress as we wish you the best going forward with this !

Send me your contact info. I sent an email out to people in on it that I am getting slow response, really none, from Ignitech. They acknowledged order but appear to be closed this week. satariel666 (prez) from Poland is trying to help expedite this and says it is somewhat normal for Czech's. I am not totally panicked yet, but concerned.

At this point, I am running a set of COP's from a 2007 CBR 1000cc. I am not running resistors in them. The Ignitech unit has 4 settings for dwell time on the coils. Long (over 2 ohm) Short (under 2 ohm) auto & manual settings. I am running on Short dwell time. I am fine with the coils.

I do have carb jetting issues Sean Morley is helping mw with. As most of you are aware, I hope, I have a 1983 Venture VMax wannabe. About the frame and plastic is all that is left of the 83. 1300 motor, block milled .040" VMax heads, VBoost, VMax air cleaner, FJR rear end (like a VMax as far as gearing). The carbs are from a 1988 Venture, basically the same except jetting (35mm ) and I fubared that up. The bike runs like a raped ape at high RPM's but sucks at 2500~4500 cruising. I had it dyno ran HP only and it hit 108.7 with no carb sync and bad jetting and TCI advance curve not dialed in. Also, the bike acts the same with the stock TCI or the Ignitech unit.

It is a pain in the butt to pull the carbs, but they are coming off Saturday, taking another shot at jets. The carb rack is right against the frame before they drop in vboost boots. This is due to the vboost raising carbs at least 1/2" from stock intakes. And this is with me taking about an 1/8" off the bottom off the carbs. Also, all the front fairing has to come off to be able to slide them out. It sucks to be me right now.

Picture is one of mine hanging on bike from a couple of nights ago. Gannon (88vmx12) made the connectors for me.

Gary

Attachments

• DSC02671.jpg
    DSC02671.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 42
Hey Gary I am interested in one of your spare units.Can you give me a price with shipping to Cairns,4870,Australia?Thanks Kevman.

TCI's were shipped out today to everyone that has paid me for a unit.

I still have one unspoken for unit.

Gary

Maybe somebody will do a how to install for the V-max for those of us that are technically challenged. Please please.

If some one would look at this and modify it for the VMaxs would that help?

Instructions attached I sent along, in PDF & Word format.

Gary

Attachments

• Ignitech TCI Installation Instructions.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Ignitech TCI Installation Instructions.pdf
    32 KB · Views: 31
Pretty exciting Gary, and thanks for doing this. I'm dying to see the configurations that develop from this. The older Gen 1's had few options hardly, till now. Wish the money was here, I'd jump right in. I had to spend the money on stopping the Max.
Steve-o

Last edited:
Gary, just got my kit!!!!!!! Looks great!!!!!! Well put together!!!!!
I have to work long hours though the weekend. I will have to wait to put it in.
THANK Gordy

ok I had some spare time so I fitted the Ignitech unit.Pretty straight forward.Remove airbox and black box/bracket and servo motor.Cabletied new black box in place ,fitted new sensor in same place as old one needed a longer bolt and a cable tie for the other end.Refit parts and fit new vacuum hose from the inline plastic doohickey to the vac sensor.Started it up ,test drive no worries ,redline no worries ....no vboost kick in the pants .That definitely needs amending.Cheers Kevman.

ok I had some spare time so I fitted the Ignitech unit.Pretty straight forward.Remove airbox and black box/bracket and servo motor.Cabletied new black box in place ,fitted new sensor in same place as old one needed a longer bolt and a cable tie for the other end.Refit parts and fit new vacuum hose from the inline plastic doohickey to the vac sensor.Started it up ,test drive no worries ,redline no worries ....no vboost kick in the pants .That definitely needs amending.Cheers Kevman.

Are you saying your vboost works with the stock TCI but not the Ignitech

V-boost function should not change by swapping the Ignitech unit for the stock TCI. Vboost has it's own controller.

I am exploring options to make another vboost controller to add the ability of a variable opening on the Vboost though.

Gary

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back