LED turn signal replacement?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warfare

Reaction score
Hi folks, new to the site. Just picked up a clean 07 Vmax.

Just getting back into the saddle after a few years. (Broken ankle)

I want to clean the old girl up and since I quite enjoy twilight riding I want to also brighten things up. Hopefully this turn I won't get unnoticed and run over again. I am getting old and don't heal as quick as when I was 20. LOL

I took a look at the posts but don't see if anyone has updated their turn signals to newer LED. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Patty

Some people have completely changed out the turn signals....etc. Me personally, I just went with LED bulbs, and left the stock housings.

If you fit LED's with the OE flasher relay then you will need ballast resistors fitted between the +ve and -ve sides of each indicator.
An alternative is to change the relay for a solid state one but you would loose the self cancelling function.

This may also be relevant.

Thanks guys.

Traumahawk, did you use a another relay when you changed to LED's? What type of LED did you use? It seams that the bulb/housing (ie. 1156/1157 style) is not compatible with what I have seen with LED's.

Thanks

Thanks guys.

Traumahawk, did you use a another relay when you changed to LED's? What type of LED did you use? It seams that the bulb/housing (ie. 1156/1157 style) is not compatible with what I have seen with LED's.

Thanks

I did not use another relay, cause the the LEDS use less voltage, and I didnt add resistors as well, I kinda like the hyper flashing....I WANT to get someones attention in traffic.

This what I ordered from 2 years ago, and this is strictly for the rear turn signals. I'm certain that other places might have them cheaper now. On the fronts, the pins that hold the bulbs in are slightly offset, so havent found LEDS that will work there....but over the last 2 years....havent really looked either.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...ed-bulb-dual-intensity-45-smd-led-tower-/814/

I run a CBR LED rear light with turn signals incorporated in it. I also have my (aftermarket) rear turn signals still fitted and working. Two rear turn signals on either side adds to the visual impact and with the existing turn signals acting as resistors in the circuit there is no need for additional relays etc and the cancel function is as normal.

Chris.

I change all my turn lights, and rear brake light.

Attachments

• mix pics 173.jpg
    mix pics 173.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 59
  • P1050280.jpg
    P1050280.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 53
  • P1080165.jpg
    P1080165.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 58
Back