Make the old look new...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagnarD

Reaction score
Aloha,
As I'm busy chasing down mechanical issues, I'm wondering what I want this beast to look like once I'm done. I've already decided to repaint the purple to gloss black, but I'm not crazy about the headlight.
I didn't intend to make a look alike, but after checking out this...
http://www.v-max-f-maerz.de/vmaxkatalog/650/651m_en.html
...I really think I like it. Anyone seen this on a non-09? What about the exatrep scoops?
http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/info_241_B.html
Like I said, I'm not fooling myself into thinking it's an 09, but I really like the look of that light and those scoops....

:punk:

We are installing one on a custom build here and a friend installed one on his already. It's a Yamaha MT03 europe headlight (and expensive).

Sean

Wow, that light. Um.

Momma always aid if you can't say anything nice....

The Headlight, Kinda looks like it escaped from
the planet Cybertron.

Oh come on guys, tell me how you REALLY feel! :Wink2:

Well thanks for the feedback... if it's "really expensive" it might go on the back burner anyway... I didn't end up selling my CBR as planned, so the budget for the max isn't quite what it might have been.

As far as the chrome goes, I like the look, but I've got friends telling me what a pain chrome is to maintain in a humid climate like Hawaii. I don't mind taking care of my bike mind you, but if I have to polish every day to avoid corrosion, it's probably not the best idea.

I would like a headlamp that is brighter than the original.

I would spend a fortune on a new headlight though.

I would like a headlamp that is brighter than the original.

I would spend a fortune on a new headlight though.

You would or wouldn't?

I just want a bigger one, I think it'd look better. Brighter would be a bonus, I like some of the HID update that only consume about 30W some peeps here have fitted, but they are expensive.

i notice a huge difference just going with the sylvania silverstar ultra or whatever the highest highest end was. like $30 tho.

You would or wouldn't?

I just want a bigger one, I think it'd look better. Brighter would be a bonus, I like some of the HID update that only consume about 30W some peeps here have fitted, but they are expensive.

Sorry, Wouldnt.

I didnt like the look of the headlight in the post above. i like the scoops but not that much.

I liked the Vrod headlight the most so far. I may go for that or 4000 or 4300 HID setup?

I am hoping I can figure something out for closer to $100 or less, but its important to see at night and the stock light sucks!

You would or wouldn't?

Hey G I've seen bigger headlights on the max before and they look WAY out of place. It was just one off of a GS or something and it looked like something off of the front of a train. It stuck way out and just looked WAY out of place.

I run the Silverstar Ultra as well and it's much better than stock for about 25 bucks.

Chris

Hey G I've seen bigger headlights on the max before and they look WAY out of place. It was just one off of a GS or something and it looked like something off of the front of a train. It stuck way out and just looked WAY out of place.

I run the Silverstar Ultra as well and it's much better than stock for about 25 bucks.

Chris

Better than stock in what ways?
do you have any numbers on how much brighter it is?

-Paul

I have a replacement headlight on my bike from VBitz out or Englund. It is bigger and runs the 100/80 watt bulb and has that cool European parking lamp 5 watt bulb on the bottom of the shell wich is great while weaving through the people at a cruise and not blinding them. I know, I know, the post sucks without the pictures. I'll get em later tonight. Let me know what you think... Oh by the way, anybody hear what happened to VBitz. I know they are all electronic speedos now which I also run but they used to have some cool "bits" for our Maxes.

7945e6029d469015med.jpg

Latest posts

Back