Master Cylinder Cover Screws?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikedave99

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good source for the clutch and brake master cylinder cover screws? Mine are all chewed up and I need to replace them before I have to easy-out them. Surely there are some stainless ones out there...?

your local ace h/w should have them in stock.

Ace, OR I have a local chain hardware place called MAC'S who has an even better selection than Ace. Either way most chain and local hardware stores should have some, probably in stainless, too.
I have a "spare" M/C mounted on my FZR right now with now cover, because I had to easy out the screws and ended up drilling one out and boogering the threads, good luck.

your local ace h/w should have them in stock.

No kidding? Do you have any idea on specs or just take one it for comparison? I figured the angled shoulder would make it a non-shelf product.

Check out Mike Sayers for Vmax specific SS screws:
http://www.mikesayers.com/vmax/screws.htm

Or Desmoparts:
http://www.desmoparts.com/products/parts-catalog/yamaha/yamaha-v-max-stainless-steel-screw-kit
Or MMS:
http://www.mmsacc-stainless.com/html/motorcycle.htm (HANDY TIP:Turn your speakers off or way down!)

Or last but not least Tasteynuts aka ProBolt USA:
http://www.probolt-usa.com/index.php/motorcycle/yamaha/vmx1200-v-max-91-06.html

You can also use local hardware, Fastenal, McMaster Carr if you know what size bots/ nuts your looking for.
If you cannot find a bolt the right size you can contact Fastenal's Custom Manufacturing to make you one!

Garrett is right. I got allen head stainless 4x12 metric from Ace that fit perfect and cheap. Whoever suggested Fastenal or McMasters or Grainger type places charge 7 or 8 bucks to ship over priced screws. Might be worth doing if you buy say 5,000 at a time.

I would buy it from Mike Sayers, 4 of his SS screws for the covers are $2.00!
All those other links were from my previous attempts looking for bolts. I know some options are not cheap, but if you cannot find a particular bolt, $7 or $8 a bolt may be worth paying.

funny thing you are asking about where to get screws for the master cylinder cover. I recently stripped one of my screws. I didn't feel like going to a hardware store, possibly wasting my time looking for some think they don''t even have. I also didn't want to wait for some by mail. I did what I hate to do, I went to the dealer. I said, " I need these screws, do you have any?" The dealer said, " how many do you need?" I asked for 4 screws. To my surprise, they got me 4 stainless screws and didn't charge me a dime! Then I left, it was kinda weird.

funny thing you are asking about where to get screws for the master cylinder cover. I recently stripped one of my screws. I didn't feel like going to a hardware store, possibly wasting my time looking for some think they don''t even have. I also didn't want to wait for some by mail. I did what I hate to do, I went to the dealer. I said, " I need these screws, do you have any?" The dealer said, " how many do you need?" I asked for 4 screws. To my surprise, they got me 4 stainless screws and didn't charge me a dime! Then I left, it was kinda weird.

Sweet!

That's a good story, my local dealership's parts/ service writer likes to charge me full retail for some reason!?! $375 for a set of Metzler 880's then $80 for mounting/ spin balancing them OFF the bike! I now take my business to the Honda dealer to get my tires mounted, $10 cheaper and they take the wheels to the Yamaha shop to get them spin balanced too! :biglaugh:

Both our local TrueValue Hardware, and Lowe's carry them. If I remember correctly, the TrueValue offered both the black painted & SS versions.

Back