VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxPower

Reaction score
Ride safe fella's

Just a reminder to be aware of your surroundings and slow down!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motorcyclist Killed After High-Speed Crash Overnight
Tuesday April 17, 2007 11:07am Posted By: Kevin King

Tulsa - A Broken Arrow man was killed early Tuesday morning after a motorcycle accident on Highway 169 near 81st Street.

Witnesses say the cyclist was going faster than 100 miles per hour when he crashed into the back of a semi truck between 81st and 91st Street at about one o'clock Tuesday morning.

Investigators say evidence shows the cyclist was going about 120 miles per hour at the time of the impact. It took the truck driver more than a quarter of a mile to come to a stop. When he did, he stepped out of his rig and found the motorcyclist dead at the back of the truck.

"The truck driver was not hurt," says Captain Matt Kirkland. "He said that the impact was so strong that he thought he was hit from behind by another truck."

Officers said there was no indication that drugs or alcohol played a factor in the accident.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4p2e0k4.jpg

4l65nhs.jpg

4q83dcn.jpg

4u9tfld.jpg

100_12482_358.jpg

100_12502_658.jpg

100_12472_154.jpg

Tulsa, Oklahoma---OMG

The cops were traveling down the highway at around 1 o'clock in the morning near Tulsa, Oklahoma.
They found this on the road.

download

Another patrol car stopped a truck some miles down the highway and were struck with the following image.

download

The Truck Driver said he thought he felt the impact, but it took him almost 4 miles down the road before he thought he'd better pull over and check out his rig.

download

Notice the driver has no shoes on from the impact or from being drug all that distance. Ouch!

download

Side view of Motorcycle Driver caught up in the trailer of the Semi.

download

Witnesses and State Police say the Motorcyclist was traveling at 120 mph when he ran into the back of the moving semi-truck.

It pays to have a good quality helmet when riding a motorcycle

same ones i never seen them before. thanks for posting that i don't know what i did wrong when i tried to post them

No helmet on earth would have saved him.

What would have saved him would be riding safe.

I've seen those photos before in a variety of places. Once was in some pro-helmet article, who claimed this guy lived(which is total BS). Probably some of the most famous "motorcycle crash" photos out there. How much you want to bet he was on one wheel at night, the headlights pointing up in the air, and he drove straight into the back of the truck and never saw it? At least on the flip side he was probably dead on impact from a broken neck, so he didn't have to endure getting his feet dragged over the pavement for 1/4 mile.

This was posted on my old forum, v4hondabbs.com in one of the "rider safety" threads, on why you should wear a jacket. See? A tank top, shorts, and sneakers just doesn't cut it. Had this guy been wearing a jacket(and the kevlar shin pads I like to wear) and proper riding boots, he probably would have walked away with just some bumps and bruises, not to the ER for skin grafts.

road_rash1.jpg

lolol Rawarrior what we see in the picture is a very common pathology called asphalt rash or commonly call allergy to pavement. :O :p

I hope your guardian angel is Vboost equipped then!

Speed doesn't kill you, being stupid does. According to Johnny Law there's never a "right" time to exceed the posted speed, but going 120 on a clear dry day on a highway with low traffic is a lot better idea that splitting lanes at 2am at the same speed.

Dunno if you've seen this bike bpp=boo.

I got this in an email. Here's what it said....

The cops were traveling down the highway at around 1 o'clock in the morning near Tulsa , Oklahoma . They found this on the road. Another patrol car stopped a truck some miles down the highway and were struck with the following image. The Truck Driver said he thought he felt the impact, but it took him almost 4 miles down the road before he thought he'd better pull over and check out his rig. Notice the driver has no shoes on from the impact or from being drug all that distance. Ouch! Side view of Motorcycle Driver caught up in the trailer of the Semi. Witnesses and State Police say the Motorcyclist was traveling at 120 mph when he ran into the back of the moving semi-truck. It pays to have a good quality helmet when riding a motorcycle, Now for the rest of the story! THIS GUY SURVIVED.

Attachments

• ATT2274819-1.jpg
    ATT2274819-1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 28
  • ATT2274821-1.jpg
    ATT2274821-1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 26
  • ATT2274823-1.jpg
    ATT2274823-1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 26
  • ATT2274820-1.jpg
    ATT2274820-1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 20
  • ATT2274822-1.jpg
    ATT2274822-1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 30
Re: Dunno if you've seen this bike bpp=boo.

I got this in an email. Here's what it said....

The cops were traveling down the highway at around 1 o'clock in the morning near Tulsa , Oklahoma . They found this on the road. Another patrol car stopped a truck some miles down the highway and were struck with the following image. The Truck Driver said he thought he felt the impact, but it took him almost 4 miles down the road before he thought he'd better pull over and check out his rig. Notice the driver has no shoes on from the impact or from being drug all that distance. Ouch! Side view of Motorcycle Driver caught up in the trailer of the Semi. Witnesses and State Police say the Motorcyclist was traveling at 120 mph when he ran into the back of the moving semi-truck. It pays to have a good quality helmet when riding a motorcycle, Now for the rest of the story! THIS GUY SURVIVED.

Its old, been around for a while. And the dude died on impact from a broken neck.

That last pic tells me he is thoroughly and completely dead........

Yup, thats what happens when your doing a buck 60 and dont notice that those two little lights bouncing around is actually a big ass tractor trailer. That sh*t sucks, but its good for us to see so we keep that kinda sh*t in mind. I forwarded this link out to my group of riders who are linked in an email blast.

We just had a thread on this.

He is deader than a doorknob.

A lot of emails use it in pro-helmet articles.

No helmet would have saved him.

Safe riding would have.

I couldn't come to grips with why they were doing a photo op if the guy was still kick'n. Thought maybe at first they thought he was dead, then found a heartbeat or heard him grunt or somethin.

Back