Non-OEM Headlight Units

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I'm the odd one out:confused2: I acually like the stock style headlight, other than the dated looking lens. Modding the stock unit with the clear tribar type lens made a world of difference in both looks and brightness.

Last edited:
Guess I'm the odd one out:confused2: I acually like the stock style headlight, other than the dated looking lens. Modding the stock unit with the clear tribar type lens made a world of difference in both looks and brightness.

No you're not! I like the stock look as well... I'm just too lazy to do your mod... :biglaugh:

Michael, Im goona buy that Louis setup.

Which arms did You use: 85mm, 105mm, 115mm or 135?

bulbi.jpg

Michael, Im goona buy that Louis setup.

Which arms did You use: 85mm, 105mm, 115mm or 135?

bulbi.jpg

I went for the 115mm. It's the minimal size if you want to keep the turn signal holder and the existing headlight holder.

If you look at the pic you will see the low beam will just fit perfectly with the headlight mount back.

Saying that you can also go for the 135mm, which will let you get you a little bit more space at the back for playing with.

So 115mm for a tight fitting, 135 for having more space at the back.

Here is the list of the items :

1 x 10020902 LAMPENHALTER ALU/VERTIKAL FUER 10033666/10033667
1 x 10020904 UNIVERSAL HALTEPLATTE F. BEST.NR. 10033666/667
1 x 10020921 CNC-LAMPENHALTER SCHELLEN GABELDURCHM. 37-42MM,PAAR
1 x 10020926 CNC-LAMPENHALTER LAENGE 115 MM, ALU, PAAR

I also got the horizontal holder, just in case i'm changing my mood, I can always fit my projectors horizontally.

Attachments

• 21022010028.jpg
    21022010028.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 16

I like this one also, look better than stock and it's keeping the original look.

I went for the 115mm. It's the minimal size if you want to keep the turn signal holder and the existing headlight holder.

If you look at the pic you will see the low beam will just fit perfectly with the headlight mount back.

Saying that you can also go for the 135mm, which will let you get you a little bit more space at the back for playing with.

So 115mm for a tight fitting, 135 for having more space at the back.

Here is the list of the items :

1 x 10020902 LAMPENHALTER ALU/VERTIKAL FUER 10033666/10033667
1 x 10020904 UNIVERSAL HALTEPLATTE F. BEST.NR. 10033666/667
1 x 10020921 CNC-LAMPENHALTER SCHELLEN GABELDURCHM. 37-42MM,PAAR
1 x 10020926 CNC-LAMPENHALTER LAENGE 115 MM, ALU, PAAR

I also got the horizontal holder, just in case i'm changing my mood, I can always fit my projectors horizontally.

Gotcha, thanks.

Im gonna use diffrent holders, i will have 135mm arms soon.

getting closer to finishing our custom build. Europe MT03 headlight shipped over. Custom brackets and then a heavily modified windscreen.

Sean

Attachments

• IMG_1444.jpg
    IMG_1444.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1446.jpg
    IMG_1446.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 59
getting closer to finishing our custom build. Europe MT03 headlight shipped over. Custom brackets and then a heavily modified windscreen.

Sean

anything on that bike stock? only thing i could find would be the valve covers maybe? the engine cases look stock but i bet its been bored n such.

anything on that bike stock? only thing i could find would be the valve covers maybe? the engine cases look stock but i bet its been bored n such.

Not much lol. It is bored out and will have nitrous and an air shifter on it by the time it's done. Plus we are using a keyless ignition, and a lot of other goodies.

Sean

don't forget the pics :)
Will do :)

Sean

I dont like the paint and the front fender but overall, this bike is a killer!
You should get good numbers on it, 150 maybe?

Sean, the bike looks so mean :punk:
I don't like much the color but at least it's original.
Congrat for the hard work.

Hey KJ Shover,Is it just me or is that a CBR 600 fender in this picture you posted?:biglaugh:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 33
Check out this old thread............

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=7463

I believe it has all the info you need to do the mod.

Been thinking about going that route, as well. However, I was thinking of using one of these:

http://www.adjureinc.com/534headlamps.html

Only thing I have questions with is whether I can do a straight swap. That and whether the actual reflector is deeper than stock. I already have the bucket "stuffed" with the HID conversion sockets...

Latest posts

Back