Prayers and good thoughts needed.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man Bill, hard to take all that in. I know it will be especially tough for your wife so coddle her best you can while she is going through this. Keep us appraised and of course extending the prayers and positive thoughts.

Damn, That's horrible.
The Only real consolation I can offer is that the Orthopedic Surgeons at ECMC are Top Notch !!!

My thoughts are with you, Kathy, Ian and Kathy's parents.
Hopefully they will come through this as well as possible.

Surgery was done on Kathy's Mom last night. She also was found to have a smashed foot. Evidently the surgery took a while, as she got home after 2AM. Her Dad had a blackout while driving, and hit a tree at 55mph. He's got broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder, and a pretty beat up face. Both of them are awake and alert, although in a lot of pain. Mom fought cancer twice in her life - we really thought she was going to leave us about a year ago, but with the help of a lot of prayer, and some great doctors - made a recovery that could only be called miraculous. Cancer is still there, and unfortunately will get her some day, but up till yesterday she was enjoying life pain free.

She didn't deserve this. I wish I could take the pain and injuries on myself to spare her.

Thank you all for your concern, and prayers.

Sorry to hear such tragedy. Thoughts and prayers from your neighbors here in Rochester.

My heart goes out to you and your wife Bill. I know how hard it is to see people you love so much suffer like that, especially someone who's gone through so much already.

Keep the faith and stay strong, that's all you can do. We're all praying and hoping for the best possible outcome.

I'm sorry to hear of the accident Kathy's parents suffered Bill, blessing for them for a positive recovery outcome. Take care of yourself, Kathy and your son; prayers to you all.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk w/ vboost!

An update on Kathy's parents... They are still in hospital, her dad is being checked for reasons why he blacked out to cause the accident. They want to get to the bottom of things before sending him home. His driving days are over. Still got some PT to go through, but outlook for him is good.

Not so optimistic for her mom. She is a cancer patient, which has returned. She has a weak heart, and suffered a heart attack a few weeks ago. They did an angiogram on her, and something went wrong. Something almost completely blocked her main coronary arteries, which severely damaged her heart. Without medication (IV drip..) she cannot maintain enough blood pressure to survive. Problem is that the medicine is extremely potent and is damaging her other organs. It's only meant to be used as a last ditch effort for someone ready to die, and she has been on it for a few weeks now, and it is starting to do the damage to her other organs. All other medications have proven ineffective, and she certainly cannot go through any surgery.

They are keeping the level of the medication up as far as they can in an effort to keep her alive - she wants to see her brothers and sisters one more time. Latest plan - and she totally agrees with this - is to keep her as comfortable as possible, and conscious, till she gets her wish to say goodbye to her family. They will then start lessening the dosage, with the intent to see if a miracle happens, and she can survive without it. Her cardiac team has explained this all to her, including the fact that she likely will not survive very long one way or another. She is accepting of her fate, and has put herself in God's hands.

Damn, Just tell Kathy to hang in there.
I know it's tough on here but she needs to stay strong for her Mom and Dad !

I am sorry to hear that this is the current situation, I hope God helps your family to get through this mercifully.

Kathy's Mom passed away early this morning. Kathy, our son Ian, and I would like to express our thanks to all the members of the forum for their positive thoughts and prayers. Her suffering is over.

Back