rear HH brake pads ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckridge

Reaction score
hello everybody, i am planning to replace my brake pads front and rear on a 06 max . last summer i replaced stock front pads that are H H, and they worked great.however i heard that you are not too use H H on the rear.is this true? have any of you maxers herd of this ,or is it ok to use the HH pads on the rear of a max. any ideas? if i can i would like to run the HH's on the rear of the bike if there are no problems. thanks! best to you all BUCKRIDGE

HH work fine on the rear. Better than stock as stock pads like to tear rotors up.

i put the ebc pro lite rotor and HH pads on my old '94 and they worked great...

got them from bike bandit... i think the rotor was like 135 and the pads were 30 ish? anyways night and day difference in stopping, had to get used to it b/c the rear wheel was a lot easier to lock up!

I have EBC HH Golds on my Wobbler and only ran off the road one time last cause I couldnt slow down enough for the fork in the road.:clapping:

Other then that you should be able to lock the rear wheel up at 145 I havent tried yet though

i put the ebc pro lite rotor and HH pads on my old '94 and they worked great...

got them from bike bandit... i think the rotor was like 135 and the pads were 30 ish? anyways night and day difference in stopping, had to get used to it b/c the rear wheel was a lot easier to lock up!

I got the same setup for mine last year from ronayers.com for a little bit less than what bike bandit wanted.

I have HH for my front I haven't even fitted yet, but I did put HH on the rear when I replaced my worn rear rotor and they've been absolutely fine.

Where did you hear about not using them on the rear?

thank you all for the helpful information,i think i will run the HH pads on the rear.a short time ago i thought i read that double H pads were designed for front brakes only in a motorcycle parts catalog. i saw the HH pads upgrade for the front brakes, but not the rear pads . i thought was strange , so i thought i would ask my fellow maxers before i decided. again i would like to say thank you for the responce my freinds . best to all of you buckridge----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just installed hh pads last weekend on the back work great no problems

hello again maxers, I found out where i saw the not for the rear brakes warning, it was in the new dennis kirk catalog page 752 in the brake section under the D P sport HH supersport pads paragraph . it says for use only on the front wheel ONLY. I wonder why ? best to you all buckridge

hello again maxers, I found out where i saw the not for the rear brakes warning, it was in the new dennis kirk catalog page 752 in the brake section under the D P sport HH supersport pads paragraph . it says for use only on the front wheel ONLY. I wonder why ? best to you all buckridge

My guess is that it will be easier to lock up the rear wheel, like some of the other stated here. Therefore they(dennis kirk or brake mfg) are trying to cover their asses

personally I dont see why you need improved rear braking, the rear works fine IMO and you wont have to worry about lock up when you grab a handfull or shall a I say a footfull when some shithead pulls in front of you.

Just got done installing HH's front and rear. Seems like they 're gonna have to bed in a bit, but even after 10 miles, I can notice better braking - of course the old pads were soaked in leaky fork oil!:bang head:

These pads a little noisy? I have a tiny bit of brake noise while riding along, but nothing is getting hot, or even warm, so I'm not worried.

Did you clean the pistons up real well on yours before reassembling? There should be NO noise to speak of from them.

Did you take the bike out and complete the bedding procedure?

The noise isn't any kind of a squeal, and it's very faint. I tend to get paranoid about noisy machinery, and notice things most people wouldn't. I did manage to get a few more miles on the Max, and the brakes are definitely getting better as they bed in. I also did a quick bled on the front calipers, and got a few small air bubbles out of the right side one. That made a big difference in lever feel. I'm gonna get some fluid and do a total replacemnt bleed this weekend.

BTW, anyone out there use those newfangled brake bleeders I see online?
I guess they make it really easy to bleed brakes without a second person to help.

I just looke them up - called Speed Bleeders...
Cost about $20.00 for the front calipers.

I looked at those and fancied them too, but if you're gonna use them you might as well spend $30 and get the whole lot - front, back and clutch.

Then I bled mine on my own, and had no problem doing so, so I decided to save my $ and buy some burritos instead..

Best Burrito on Earth:

Mighty Taco Bean & Cheese. Lettuce, Tomato, Sour Cream, Suicidal hot!

Worth the trip to Buffalo NY to get a couple....:punk:

You haven't had a burrito until you've
had New Mexican green or red chili on a burrito.
The Magnifico at Gardunos or any burrito at Sadies,
Garcias, or Los Cuates is great. Not to mention
Carne Adovada. :clapping:
Damn, made myself hungry.

Latest posts

Back