Snow!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itgoes

Reaction score
Local weather forecast:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
953 AM EST SUN JAN 25 2015

...POTENTIALLY HISTORIC WINTER STORM TO IMPACT THE AREA FROM LATE
MONDAY INTO TUESDAY....

NJZ002-NYZ067-068-252300-
/O.CON.KOKX.WS.A.0002.150126T1800Z-150128T0500Z/
WESTERN PASSAIC-ORANGE-PUTNAM-
953 AM EST SUN JAN 25 2015

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING...

* LOCATIONS...INTERIOR PORTIONS OF THE LOWER HUDSON AND NORTHEAST
NEW JERSEY.

* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW AND NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 2 FEET...WITH LOCALLY
HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

* WINDS...NORTH 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.

* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.

* TIMING...HEAVIEST SNOW AND STRONGEST WINDS WILL OCCUR
OVERNIGHT MONDAY INTO TUESDAY.

* IMPACTS...BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW WITH NEAR BLIZZARD
CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DUE TO STRONG WINDS.

Off to the supermarket!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU

I haven't had to shovel once yet. But, that's about to change. The Cape gets whacked hard
With coastal Nor easters. Baten down the hatches.

Yeah....keeping an eye on this one! Got the Boss plow hooked up, truck & generator topped off with fuel....lots o' propane for the shop furnace and carbs apart on the workbench......let 'er come! :clapping:

Looks like were off the hook on this one, in western NY. 1 or 2 inches in the forecast.

I'm glad when I moved "north" I only made it to South Carolina, the thought of waking up to 1-2 feet of snow sounds like a nightmare. Good luck!

We don't get too much snow down here in Texas. We get ice storms then snow to cover it and fool northerners. You can tell who recently came here from the north by who is sitting in a ditch trying to figure out why their driving techniques did not work. Needless to say, nobody rides a motorcycle in that stuff.

I hope you got your bread and milk.

Hum! a big one comming on your side,
This winter, it`s verry quiet here, :ummm:

Usely schools close oftenly and i have some realy rock&roll rides to work with the snow flurries,
And as i get older, these ride pisss me off more and more

But one good thing, it`s easy to find Burn outside at night :rofl_200:

Attachments

• DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 22
Yeah....keeping an eye on this one! Got the Boss plow hooked up, truck & generator topped off with fuel....lots o' propane for the shop furnace and carbs apart on the workbench......let 'er come! :clapping:

It's what we do this time of year!!.......N'orEaster VMaxers........Batten'um down like Stevo's sayin!!.............and as I always say...........I love me GOOD blizzard!!.......as long as it doesn't interfere with my electric & cable.......:rofl_200:

It's what we do this time of year!!.......N'orEaster VMaxers........Batten'um down like Stevo's sayin!!.............and as I always say...........I love me GOOD blizzard!!.......as long as it doesn't interfere with my electric & cable.......:rofl_200:

Spoken like a true Nor'Easter! :punk:

And I couldn't agree more....gonna have a storm....make it a BIG one!! Go big or go home! :eusa_dance: :biglaugh:

Spoken like a true Nor'Easter! :punk:

And I couldn't agree more....gonna have a storm....make it a BIG one!! Go big or go home! :eusa_dance: :biglaugh:

Plenty of projects to do this time of year too Dan-o. Got the spare Venture block up on the stand for tear down. Lot's of firewood and the Gen. on stand-by. Chainsaw, lots of gas. These storms keep me in free wood. Let her rip!
biglaugh.gif

Shala thought she saw a snow flake here this afternoon. It was 43 degrees - turned out to be an airborn seed off one of the cattails growing in the koi pond.:biglaugh:

You guys try to stay safe and warm up there.

Back