Snow!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow's stopped here but F'n cold!! Emergency channel said "Dangerously low to life threatening wind chills -25° to -50°"! I don't think it's gonna get THAT cold but it's -10° right now and the wind is howling....fer sure t'ain't fit fer man nor beast out there!

I hear that Dan-o. I woke up to my wife telling me the water wouldn't come out of the kitchen faucet. I made a bee line for the cellar to see if I was going ice skating down there. We lucked out, it was just the end of the faucet froozen. Got the wood stove blastng and the heat going to warm the cellar. Come on riding season.

It's a 'riparian rights' thing Jim....once it lands on property deeded to you title is immediately transferred. Sorry, it's yours! :biglaugh:

Well.............fork! I awoke to over 6" on the ground this morning. I had to drive the flippin' car to work. What is this world coming to - can't even rely on Gov't officials to tell the truth any more (think Al Gore, AlGorbal warming. :rofl_200:)

Another update...103 inches currently...possible 3-6' more tomorrow...possible storm over the weekend...:confused2:...can I get a " What the fuck ? "...:bang head:

We got our first 12" of snow today in Lexington and you'd have thought the world was coming to an end! Everything is shut down tomorrow! :punk:

We're just a couple feet above normal at this point....the cold is the real story. 2nd coldest since they began keeping records in 1820....and that's thru February, we still got a dozen more days to grab the title.

Does seem a bit premature BB....given the extremely unpredictable nature of this winter....altho anything big moving across the country will undoubtedly make a pass thru Marquette on the way by.......:punk:

Here is a story about some snow in Michigan's U.P.: http://www.wearegreenbay.com/1fulltext-news/d/story/news/32407/8xeqWIO3wEW__i5sKRfWVw
...a bit premature methinks, we still have over a month of winter to go yet!! :biglaugh:
Here is a story about Ice Climbing in Michigan, just down the lake, to the west from my home: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1224433372/the-michigan-ice-film
Miles you may recognize this from our stormy boat ride along this area.

Oh yeah, recognized the topography. That boat ride was the highlight of my 2013 tour! All thanks to you, Brian. Will always remember everybody on the boat encouraging that young wawhinee to jump off the cliff face, into the water (from 75 ft. plus?)
The Painted Rocks National seashore should be on everyone's bucket list to check out, as well as the entire Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Lots of lighthouses, scenic drives, historic stops, such as the tribute to the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
(Somebody should write a song about this!)

Latest posts

Back