Spent the day at PCW

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
Took the '99 to PCW for a dyno/adjust/dyno day. My sync was off just a touch, and the v boost needed a slight adjust

The final dyno run produced 117.1 HP & 79.6 Ft #'s of torque!

Only changes are, Mark's pipes, needles shimmes .038", a/f out 3 1/4 turns each, COP's & vacuum line mod.

BTW, we did a run with the vacuum ports plugged and a run with each side t'd together....there was no difference in hp or torque.

I will get the sheet scanned Monday and post it.

Nice!!!!!!:clapping:

Is it running NOTICEABLY better........:confused2:

Yup.......

That's why I asked.....

Your tuning was good:worthy:

very nice danny. man i gotta get mine tuned in. i'm falling behind u with a morley kit! mine was 116.9 and 77.8 i think tops . mine were also run no lower than 85 degrees and no lower than 70% humidity.

That's great news Danny! There's nothing like a expert confirmation of what you have been working on by ear and feel. I tell ya it must be the Mark's exhaust.
I may have to add a few days to the Brownie Run and stop by for a dyno run to see how 'ol Redbone is running. Maybe we could get a dyno day for the VMOA outta the deal, maybe Jim could pull some influence as V.P. and a former customer.

That's great news Danny! There's nothing like a expert confirmation of what you have been working on by ear and feel. I tell ya it must be the Mark's exhaust.
I may have to add a few days to the Brownie Run and stop by for a dyno run to see how 'ol Redbone is running. Maybe we could get a dyno day for the VMOA outta the deal, maybe Jim could pull some influence as V.P., TV star, and a former customer.

Fixed your post. :biglaugh:

Interesting. I didn't realize it was adjustable, at least without SASY, or something. :a014:

What I'm referring to is mechanical, Tom. Page 5-13 of:

pdf.gif
Vmax service manual

But it's a beotch to get a fellers gauge in there!

Thanks for the kind words guys, and yes, it was nice to get professional confirmation.....especially since I have no clue what I'm doing!! :biglaugh:

I forgot to mention, we also tried a run with the 'Y' removed , but there was lean popping, so he shut it down.

Sounds like 99 had a great time at PCW. Hope you told John hi for me:biglaugh: We need to schedule a dyno day there for the Brownie Run!!!!

Good numbers,:clapping:piece of mind is priceless, some day Ill find some!:ummm:

I just got the dyno sheets scanned, I'll see if I can post them.....yup!

The first sheet shows the last run, after adjusting the boost opening and carb sync.

The second sheet shows the first run before any adjustments compared to the last run. I believe the flattening line, on the first run, indicates the v boost may not have been opening all the way.....after adjusting that and syncing the carbs it put out 117.1.

We then disconnected the vacuum mod lines, plugged the sync spigots and did another pull...there was no change in the numbers.

I'm sure someone with more experience with these things can explain it in much better detail.

Attachments

• DOC20091204074558.pdf
    28 KB · Views: 26
  • DOC20091204074630.pdf
    37.5 KB · Views: 17
hmmm. would like to have seen the a/f curve as well. also kind of weird they didn't really start logging until 5.5 or 6k. would have been nice to see the build up as well, probably could have clued in.

anyways it looks to me it was opening late too. see how much flatter that first curve is from 6.5 - 7k rpms? once it gets past 7 the two are just about parallel and gaining power at the same rate. that would be my uneducated guess at least. but if vboost was off a bit and not opening right away it might ALSO not open all the way once it should be, so it def could be seeing symptoms on both sides...

i would have liked to see a run with tboost or vboost wide open and vboost off as well. always interesting to see.

Latest posts

Back