took the wife for a ride this morning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwystar1

Reaction score
we got far out west where very little traffic was this weekend and I asked her if she wanted to experience v-boost. Well being a good sport she said ok. I was already at about 4k in 3rd and hit it. seconds into boostmania she was screaming at me I didnt let up until a shift into 4th and a bit more boost. She couldnt believe how fast the max was. It was fun to be able to compare the power between our vtx 1800 and the max riding 2 up. The vtx pulls great but we were flying this morning.......................

have a happy holiday
hwystar1

You could not pay my wife to get on my Max....took my boy for one ride; he won't get on it anymore either....lol...riding two up don't seem to slow the vmax's down much...

My wife won't have anything to do with the V-Max experience either, she likes to ride tho and has spent many hours on the back of my old Gold Wing years ago, my daughter on the other hand enjoys the power and speed that the Max delivers as we have hit triple digits on numerous occasions..............Tom.

My Wife and my Daughter in Law are speed freaks. I have to bust 100 on every ride or my Wife is let down. She's been 142 indicated and loved it. My Daughter in Law went around the bay with me on the 94. I gradually built her up to a 130 + mph run. When we got home, she wanted to know if my 89 was faster.... She wanted to go past 150....:confused2::clapping:

Luckily, my wife doesn't like bikes.

Who here recalls the old jingle, "Solo Suzuki!"?

My holiday weekend continues tomorrow with a ride down A1A, the ocean highway. My son in law, brother in law and I. The bummer, minor as it is, I will be riding my VTX 1800 and my son in law will be wheeling the max. Atleast I get to see her rolling down the road. Pound for pound though, nothing beats a casual ride on my VTX...........

Have a nice day
Hwystar1

Did a Google and found the ad but no audio track......................Tom.

Well it was more of a sung phrase than a real multiple verse jingle. It did reinforce the idea of 'do your own thing' on a Suzuki motorcycle. I recall it was more of a dirtbike ad tool but I bet they used it for streetbikes too.

I do remember the "Kawasaki let's the good times roll" ads on TV in the early 70s................................Tom.

Both my bikes are solo seaters... Enough said... :biglaugh:
She doesn't like them either way. She's jealous of them... :confused2: :biglaugh:

I won't say how fast me and the oldest girl have been! Not sure how fast we have been with the wife.

I don't get out of 3rd gear wirh Tina on. She isn't into it for more than once a year at a crawl. A quick ride through the villige, she's done.
Steve

I have done sustained "cruising" with the wife on wide open N.Dakota roads and she didn't seem to mind. She also took great pleasure in us dusting an overpriced chromosexual on big twin S&S clone chopper in town. Normally though I ride extra careful and conservatively when I have her on the back. We also have a bit of mutual bike envy over the things our respective bikes can do that other cannot( the go anywhere ability of the KLX vs the brute power of the Max)

My wife enjoys a nice cruise but I can't so much as pass a car w/o some growling my max turns into a moped when she gets on! Daghter can't go fast enough loves the jump off the line wants to race anything that comes close!

My wife enjoys a nice cruise but I can't so much as pass a car w/o some growling my max turns into a moped when she gets on! Daghter can't go fast enough loves the jump off the line wants to race anything that comes close!

My son is the same way, faster faster faster well until 130 then he gives me the "tap" to slow down. He is the thinker in the house. My daughter loves the power and as long as she is with me she has no fear, she loves wheelies.:punk:

My wife can't stand my Vmax so much, she went out and got herself a Gen II just so she could keep up, without that nasty 'rear seat' feeling. This way, she doesn't have to dig her nails into my chest to indicate for me to slow down a bit.

I was at home with the bike. Infact I left her there all covered up in the garage. My son and I went for a quick launch up to the stop sign, he is 18 so no biggy right? we only hit 85 , all he could say was "WOW that is fast dad!" My daughter only being 9 she never even seen the V-boost. Now my wife I remember when I got it 6 yrs ago she was hitting my back before I even got out of 1st gear LOL! I did get her a nice jacket and gloves. Now we just need a helmet for her so she can go riding. I found a helmet at a local cycle supply but not in the color she wanted. $212 plus tax OUCH is all she could say. I told her that was not bad for a helmet considering some are well over $600. I did eventually find the same exact helmet online with shipping for $129. Soon she will feel the V-boost LOL

My son is the same way, faster faster faster well until 130 then he gives me the "tap" to slow down. He is the thinker in the house. My daughter loves the power and as long as she is with me she has no fear, she loves wheelies.:punk:

Awesome,

My former niece, who is now my daughter since moving on with us 4 years ago, loves rding

She'd seen me ride wheelies on the XR650 so much that the first time I took her for a spin on it she pokes me in the back, before we took off, and says

"All right MISTER, no tricky stuff like I've seen you do!!!""

She was begging for wheelies before we got home, I gave her one good one...

She was 10 at the time

Back