V-Max parts connection

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85 MAX-fan

Reaction score
I just tried again to get a call into Mondak to price some parts out with Gary. "No longer employed here" was the answer I just got! WTF????

It's true....Gary McCoy no longer works for Mondak!!

I asked the guy when he left and "This morning" was the terse reply. I said, "Oh, under bad terms?" The guy says "Yeah!"

That's a real surprise!!

Sounds just like what happened with Gary at University.

Damn.. That's real shit. I guess Gary sorted us all out nicely, but didn't make much $$$ to either University or Mondak.

Let's hope he finds another dealership to reverse from stealers to honest dealers, for as long as it lasts!

Damn.. That's real shit. I guess Gary sorted us all out nicely, but didn't make much $$$ to either University or Mondak.

Let's hope he finds another dealership to reverse from stealers to honest dealers, for as long as it lasts!
I don't know what Mondaks business model was. I will say this though, I live several states east, and the last time I dropped an $800 dollar order at Mondak, that was money they would not have/ or will not again - ever see. 20% of $800, or 80% of nothing.....you do the math.
Perhaps he was simply a casualty of the continued bad economy, and it had nothing to do with a falling out. Does anyone know him, the circumstances of him leaving, or a similar source for fairly priced factory parts??
The guy was cordial, knew his shit, and helped me out more than once. We need more guys like this.
I am likely to need to drop a sizable chunk of cash on some factory parts in the upcomming months, like 500 to 1000. I am willing to wait a while to do business with him on similar terms as before, but ultimately need to feed my addiction to mechanical devices.

Sounds just like what happened with Gary at University.

what happened there? aside from he didn't work there anymore?

I don't know what Mondaks business model was. I will say this though, I live several states east, and the last time I dropped an $800 dollar order at Mondak, that was money they would not have/ or will not again - ever see. 20% of $800, or 80% of nothing.....you do the math.
Perhaps he was simply a casualty of the continued bad economy, and it had nothing to do with a falling out. Does anyone know him, the circumstances of him leaving, or a similar source for fairly priced factory parts??
The guy was cordial, knew his shit, and helped me out more than once. We need more guys like this.
I am likely to need to drop a sizable chunk of cash on some factory parts in the upcomming months, like 500 to 1000. I am willing to wait a while to do business with him on similar terms as before, but ultimately need to feed my addiction to mechanical devices.

i hear ya. we'll have to see what happens.

crap!!!! i got only half my order and was going to call him tomorrow to see whats up......

This happened to a guy on a car forum too. Stealerships would rather make nothing than a small profit, baffles me.

Guys, I know this won't be as good, but Iowa City Motorsports gives me a great discount on parts. http://www.iowacitymotorsports.com/

I'm not sure what they will give you as individuals, but if you want, you can call or e-mail me with part numbers and quantities and I can get prices and will just charge you the exact shipping on top. I can usually get prices anywhere from 25% to 40% off of retail, depending on the markup.

I need to pay in cash, and the parts are usually there within 3 days if they don't have them in stock. Clif, is the main parts guy, and you can drop my name (Jeff Huber) but I'm not sure how far that will get you. I know they will try to match or beat anyone elses prices, so this may be another option until Gary can find a new place of employment. As I said before, you can call me at 3l9.46l.8969 or you can e-mail me at [email protected] if you want me to price you something.

To get part numbers, I usually use this site http://www.partforyamaha.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx, but there are many more like it. This one gives you prices, but I have always been able to beat them with ICMS.

Let me know,
Jeff

great offer jeff....

i've always had good luck with bikebandit as well. they are as cheap as ANY dealer i've seen (prior to discounts), and usually have parts to your door in 4-5 days. shipping is always flat $7.

Awww snap.

I wondered why he hadn't called me back about the mini-cowl I ordered.
That sucks. His price was awesome. I will call them and see what they will give it to me for....

Awww snap.

I wondered why he hadn't called me back about the mini-cowl I ordered.
That sucks. His price was awesome. I will call them and see what they will give it to me for....

Ghost--Usually Gary would e mail a price quote on Mondak letterhead, if you have a quote Mondak will have to honor it.

I may call Mondak later today and see if they will give discounts to VMF members like Gary did. Nothing to lose, that's for sure!

Lets think about this a different way... This man moved a LONG way for what? A years worth of work. He's now probably unemployed... Damn... We're worrying about our discount when another person is on the street.

Chris

I just got this from one of the houston guys. I had ordered a few thing with Gary last week and just called MonDak MotorSport and talked to Chris, who said my order was received and placed by Gary and they would be shipping it in about a week.

Chris also said that Gary was released due to the economy and last in first out was their reasoning.

Chris also said, the VMOA discount (20% over cost) would not be available until further notice. Right now any OEM Parts would be at their website banner discount of 40% over cost.

Chris also said that Gary was released due to the economy and last in first out was their reasoning.

That's a real shame, let's hope he finds another job real soon.

Chris also said, the VMOA discount (20% over cost) would not be available until further notice. Right now any OEM Parts would be at their website banner discount of 40% over cost.

I guess that's still a pretty decent price, isn't it? Better than the 100%+ markup most stealers apply, anyway.

Latest posts

Back