Vboost indicator ligbt

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumper

Reaction score
I made this to show that the vboost was opening on acceleration. The arm on the vboost shaft hits the button on the switch completing the ground circut for the light. Switch came from eBay and the light from radio schack

I drilled a hole in the bracket on the vboost to lineup with the arm on the shaft and put the light in my dash. Simple and you don't need to tap I to the electrical system

Attachments

• (null)-3.jpg
    (null)-3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 233
  • (null)-2.jpg
    (null)-2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 237
  • (null).jpg
    (null).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 216
Thank you for posting. There are always people on here that say that their vboost isn't working...or they can't feel it. This is a simple way to verify it.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

gollygoshdarn !!!!!

oops, sorry for my filthy tongue. I thought I was done modding my bike, after 12 long years. Guess not!
GROOVY idea, and the best part, I've got a spare indicator light already mounted, that was just waiting for a use.
THANKS!:eusa_dance:

Just when you think you have seen everything on a Vmax, than you see this.

Simple and cool mod.

Mike

I was going to ask why you didn't put the light where the blank is on the dash - then I noticed your dash isn't stock anymore :clapping:

I connected into the wiring a while back and added a few LEDs that would light up when the servo opened or closed - but I was getting dazzled at night just when the Vboost was opening, that mod didn't last too long
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD-TrnLVhlY

Nice idea. Nice job getting it done. Thanks for posting.

bumper I drilled a hole in the bracket on the vboost to lineup with the arm on the shaft and put the light in my dash. [U said:
Simple and you don't need to tap I to the electrical [/U]system

Mr. Bumper - then what powers up the light? Did you hook the + lead directly to the battery? If not, what wire did you use?

Oh, and Danny - sorry about the swearwords. I'm wicked sometimes, especially when I get all in a lather over bike mods.:biglaugh:

Used a keyed power source, I used the same power wire for the fuel pump. Already fused and the little lamp takes nothing for power. Wire is easy to find and get at.

my programmable v boost controller came with a LED so I installed it next to my tach. now when the boost kicks in or cycles on start up the tach lights up blue, hard to see in the daylight but otherwise looks great.
later, bill

interesting tidbit, when cruising at about 100 mph in 5th gear the vboost light comes on and stays on. Soooo gotta stay under 100 or the gas mileage will suck! LOL

Last edited:
Back