What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed MEK luggage rack, so I can mount the givi topcase for some much needed storage room.

Attachments

• 2011-08-12 08 05 05.jpg
    2011-08-12 08 05 05.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 23
Had a set of tires installed, the others were in pretty rough shape, especially the rear which had some definite signs of severe overheating:eusa_dance: Also have a new piece of jewelry to install once it gets back from powdercoating. Gotta love them prototype parts:punk:

Also of note: My rear tire showed signs of internal damage from the Dyna Beads!!! They had worn a groove in the center of the carcass deep enough to eliminate the ribbing on the inside of the tire. Not too sure if this is a common occurance, but needless to say I have tire weights on my wheels now just in case!!!

Attachments

• plate mount.jpg
    plate mount.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 20
addressed what i thought was either a leaky stator or middle-gear cover. found that i had effed up and interchanged a stator cover bolt and a middle gear cover bolt :bang head:. i hope that this was the cause--time will tell.

Woke up again at 4:30am, couldn't sleep. Did an hour of p90x then poured myself a cup of mud then went into the garage and changed the PAJ-2 to a 177.5 (mikuni). I had a little hesitation in the midrange and looking at things I was running a little rich.

It was running great before. I just can't leave shit well enough alone. Besides, there is something zen about tuning a carbed bike.

After swapping out the jets (you have to love the variety you get with the Muscle Jet kit) I did a much overdue carb sync. It wasn't too far off, but now it's looking great.

you hit the nail on teh head KJ, that is a total zen moment anything with carbs and a smooth running motor :)

hey man im in delta junction, about 1.4 hrs south of ya, i was in fairbanks but only for a few hours but might make it up there again soon, is it raining there now also? been pouring buckets here for a week.

hey man im in delta junction, about 1.4 hrs south of ya, i was in fairbanks but only for a few hours but might make it up there again soon, is it raining there now also? been pouring buckets here for a week.

Its been raining here too, but today is flat out sweet. It's supposed to stay half assed decent for the rest of the week with only possible minor showers here and there.

While your out in Delta, hit up the ice cream shop out by the visitor's center for some great soft serve, or delta meats for some wicked meat snacks. They've got Yak, Buffalo, and others. You can't go wrong. My freezer mainly has salmon, halibut and deer. But when I get beef, it's from Delta meats.

Its been raining here too, but today is flat out sweet. It's supposed to stay half assed decent for the rest of the week with only possible minor showers here and there.

While your out in Delta, hit up the ice cream shop out by the visitor's center for some great soft serve, or delta meats for some wicked meat snacks. They've got Yak, Buffalo, and others. You can't go wrong. My freezer mainly has salmon, halibut and deer. But when I get beef, it's from Delta meats.

I'll have a Yak on rye ! :rofl_200:

Shot gunned the carbs today. I use fuel system cleaner alot, but they still needed it. I was running a bit rich too. Polished up the a/f and diaphram needles also. Needles are getting worn. Inspected and cleaned diaphams. Finished it off with a sync.
Put anothr 1/2 oz of Dyna beads in both tires. Will get out for a test ride in a little while.
Steve-o

put a new rear on. the shinko verge 011 are nice radials. fuck tho its a pain to take the rear wheel off at a 190 tire. dropping the rear diff each time, which means taking the shock off which means taking my muffler off.

put a new rear on. the shinko verge 011 are nice radials. fuck tho its a pain to take the rear wheel off at a 190 tire. dropping the rear diff each time, which means taking the shock off which means taking my muffler off.

I can imagine! I think I'll keep the 180!

plus even with a notch some 190's you need the washer swap, as is mine. altho the last swingarm didn't, oddly enough.

Mounted a clock:ummm:

A Formotion EL207 mounted on the speedo along with the shift light at 10 and 2. White face and glow in the dark along with a push button back light.
I've had them on other bikes and they are the best.
Lew

Latest posts

Back