What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Washed it.
2. Stood there and admired it.
3. Took this picture so everyone can see Godzilla in all his glory (LOL!)!!

Ride later.... Kathy's out on a GNO (Girl's Night Out). I'm a bachelor tonight - which probably means I'll be snoozing by 10:00.... DMan! Lakes tonight???

Attachments

• 2wetmax.jpg
    2wetmax.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 45
1. Washed it.
2. Stood there and admired it.
3. Took this picture so everyone can see Godzilla in all his glory (LOL!)!!

Ride later.... Kathy's out on a GNO (Girl's Night Out). I'm a bachelor tonight - which probably means I'll be snoozing by 10:00.... DMan! Lakes tonight???
I don't think I can make it today. I have a lot of running around to do.
I'll give you a call if I can make it.
I was planning on running out to the Lakes tomorrow afternoon sometime for the Bike Day.

Skipped working on the Max today & put my skills to work making a cake for my buddy's Birthday . Hope he likes it.

Attachments

• DSCN1696.jpg
    DSCN1696.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN1697.jpg
    DSCN1697.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN1698.jpg
    DSCN1698.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 21
Installed Stuff: Middle gear cover, plugged in all wires, V-boost, Carbs, re-routed HID kit, Stainless clutch line (may or may not bleed tonight), FJR clutch master and lever, Exhaust (hate the rear ones), Headlight housing.

Tomorrow it's radiator flush, oil, ground wire, start the bike again. There's a plastic plug with three wires up with the CDI box that I can't figure out. I'm not sure anything was plugged into it in the first place. I guess I'll find out when the bike won't start.

Installed Stuff: Middle gear cover, plugged in all wires, V-boost, Carbs, re-routed HID kit, Stainless clutch line (may or may not bleed tonight), FJR clutch master and lever, Exhaust (hate the rear ones), Headlight housing.

Tomorrow it's radiator flush, oil, ground wire, start the bike again. There's a plastic plug with three wires up with the CDI box that I can't figure out. I'm not sure anything was plugged into it in the first place. I guess I'll find out when the bike won't start.

I think the VBoost plug is round w/3 wires/contacts.

Setup demon eyes today
IMAG1246%257E01.jpg

I think the VBoost plug is round w/3 wires/contacts.

I know it's not that one. I don't remember unplugging the one I found. I'll see if it starts maybe later today if I can get some better lever action from my clutch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Found out my Holeshot vboost override isn't working after 20 years. Vboost cycles fine before start up, but when I switch it on, I see the vboost cable just barely move. What's in that epoxy cylinder that gets wired in just like on the tboost?

Started the bike!!!!!
If you really want to see if you're fuel pump is working, just forget to attach the fuel line to the carbs and start the bike. It'll let you know. Other than that, I fought my clutch for almost two days. I have no high beam (maybe that's the plug I couldn't figure out). I still need to swap out my brake calipers and front master, bleed the rear, wire the clutch switch, and put on the exhaust heat shield. The good thing is that she's running smoothly!

Rode it into work this morning. Nice and cool should be a different story this afternoon as the high here in the Detroit area should be 90 with high humidity. I wore my Olympia Airglide pants as an over pant today so I'll see how they vent. I just got them earlier this year. I also sent a check to Sean for a set of Sumitomo 6 piston front calipers from an FZR. Hopefully this memorial day weekend I'll be sporting new calipers, SS lines and new masters!

Since it was snowing yesterday......ya snow!!!!!!, I put on my blk ss brake lines up front......bled them and all good....either going to take it for test ride or keep it parked til it warms up.need more brake fluid and then chg the clutch line to blk ss also...

Snow:bang head::bang head::bang head:

Rode it into work this morning. Nice and cool should be a different story this afternoon as the high here in the Detroit area should be 90 with high humidity. I wore my Olympia Airglide pants as an over pant today so I'll see how they vent. I just got them earlier this year. I also sent a check to Sean for a set of Sumitomo 6 piston front calipers from an FZR. Hopefully this memorial day weekend I'll be sporting new calipers, SS lines and new masters!

You will LOVE the 6 pot calipers, those and SS lines made a HUGE difference!!!

I still dont see the need for all that breaking power needed for the type of bike the Vmax is. I can however see the power needed for a sport bike seeing they can take sharp turns at a high rate of speed. I dont see many maxes racing twisties . JMO

I still dont see the need for all that breaking power needed for the type of bike the Vmax is. I can however see the power needed for a sport bike seeing they can take sharp turns at a high rate of speed. I dont see many maxes racing twisties . JMO

pre-92 brakes are just fucking scary!

i did it just to clean up the look and get rid of stock lines with chrome springs......my brakes were fantastic before....just pleasing the monkey

just pleasing the monkey

LOL...that too....After I had done 2 panic stops and locked up the front tire (stock pads, stock brakes, SS lines) I realized that I wanted more brakes. The 6 pots with stock masters gives you "more balanced" brakes for lack of a better term.

I guess that I'm one of those weird people that I want my max to stop as well as it goes. So 6 pots, galfer pads, SS lines, and soon to have wavy rotors front and rear.

pre-92 brakes are just fucking scary!
I would have probably sold my Vmax if I couldn't have upgraded my stock '92 brakes! I have no actual numbers as in how feet it will stop in at a certain mph but I am sure is probably close to 50% better with my 6 pot 'busa brakes now. I'm sure with the addition of radials last year they are even better.

LOL...that too....After I had done 2 panic stops and locked up the front tire (stock pads, stock brakes, SS lines) I realized that I wanted more brakes. The 6 pots with stock masters gives you "more balanced" brakes for lack of a better term.

I guess that I'm one of those weird people that I want my max to stop as well as it goes. So 6 pots, galfer pads, SS lines, and soon to have wavy rotors front and rear.

You have the busa brakes also???
I got hh pads and went to wave rotors but very slight difference then stock rotors.....again monkey was bothering me

Back