What is your best upgrade/mod?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki66

Reaction score
I know that many of us have the Mod Monkey always lurking around the corner if not riding along with us. So tell what you think was the best modification that you did for your bike.

For handling of the Max, I have to say that installing Delrin solid motor mounts was the single best upgrade for that. Prior to the mounts, I put on Progressive 440 12.5" shocks and Progressive front springs. They helped, but the mounts were the winner. Bike handles like a dream now.

Performance wise, I installed Marks Performance 4-2 exhaust. Bike really runs nice with this simple change.

I have to say the same thing....Progressive shocks with Race tec springs & emulators did wonders for handling and comfort and the Mark's pipes for audio/visual impact. :punk:

What???? Pick only one mod???? Geeez dude why don't you just make it impossible:rofl_200: OK, will list my best mod in each of 3 catagories, that way I feel like I have done some justice to the bike LOL.

1) Performance, PCW 1428 engine by far and away

2) Handling, USD front end with radial tires a very close 2nd

3) Looks, toss up between the 6" stretch or the sport tail

There, now I feel better:punk:

My exhaust is my favorite mod so far. The marks pipes sound awesome and make me feel like I'm riding around on a hot rod, lol!

The muscle seat from Sean is the best bang for the buck out there IMO. I only had him redo the front section. Cost was around $120. And the difference is great.

I have to be honest and say that I am a bit disappointed in my progressive 440's. They did not have the impact that I had hoped for. Maybe it is a matter of getting them set correctly. The rear is still harsh over bumps and breaks loose on anything that is slightly uneven terrain. I guess I will try to soften up the settings and go from there.

I have intiminators sitting in the box. Its only been 6 months now, LOL. I plan to put them in over the winter and lower the forks internally 1".

Most recently I'd have to say the Progressive 440's which has improved the handling nicely. But I'm going to reserve putting handling at the top until I get my Intiminators and delrin MM installed.
The upgrade to the seat by Sean rates right up there too.
The Mark's exhaust has to be my favorite, it sounds so sweet and really makes a statement when you hammer the throttle.
This winter performance is going to improve with the addition of Seans Jet Kit, gears undercut and a RS fifth gear.:punk:

Last edited:
single greatest mod, probably sean's seat. allowed me to do the 300 miles at a time (all i've done straight so far) without my ass falling asleep. carbs/exhaust/handling are shit if u cant' stay on the bike

as far as the best handling mod tho? definitely my spikes on my frame braces.

What???? Pick only one mod???? Geeez dude why don't you just make it impossible:rofl_200:
I totally agree... :biglaugh:

my top 5 mods (assuming it wasn't restricted when I bought it)
- 17" Wheel
- air filter, jet kit & the big hole in my faux cover
- Blue spot calipers
- Exhausts
- Short fender

If I bought a bone stock bike and could only change one thing it would be the seat! Sean's for me, everything else is just to get looks. The seat makes the bike comfy and ridable.

My fave "mod" was my paint job. Sean did a wonderful job with it. I had always envisioned my vmax looking a certain way - and now I have that dream bike.

Hmmm...
tough one for me.
1)Probably my CRAZY sounding exhaust nobody can identify
2)my Digital tach/shift light
3)my street fighter fairing
4)my fold up/down sissy bar
Who knows,it will all be changing soon anyways,the exhaust is getting replaced with street bike cans and the sissy bar is getting replaced with a one seater conversion so my favorites will be changing in the near future.

Attachments

• IMGA0331.JPG
    IMGA0331.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMGA0326.JPG
    IMGA0326.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMGA0324.JPG
    IMGA0324.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMGA0327.JPG
    IMGA0327.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 53
  • IMGA0328.JPG
    IMGA0328.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 47
Best mods so far...

1 Progressive front springs - made a HUGE difference in cornering
2 Homemade backrest - very useful & very inexpensive
3 Fake NOS bottle - makes women clutch their purses & walk waaayyyy around it & men in muscle cars drool. Hey, a VMAX is about image as much as legend & HP, right? I'm every bit as proud of my bike as any HD owner or any CR owner with all their mods & magic - I can play the game too...

Future mods...

1 Shift light
2 Big Tach
3 Kerker 4-2-1 & a Morley jet kit...

Hmmm...
tough one for me.
1)Probably my CRAZY sounding exhaust nobody can identify
2)my Digital tach/shift light
3)my street fighter fairing
4)my fold up/down sissy bar
Who knows,it will all be changing soon anyways,the exhaust is getting replaced with street bike cans and the sissy bar is getting replaced with a one seater conversion so my favorites will be changing in the near future.
Hey Ace,
Let me know when you are going to lose the back rest, I`ll take it off your hands.
<<Dave>>:punk:

This is a no-brainer.

Number one has to be the removal of the carb chains :biglaugh:

Followed up by the Kerker, and a close third would be the frame and swingarm bracing.

My top mod? Must be the Muscle Corbin seat. Second top mod? The Hellfire windshield with higher wider bars - love them.

And then close third - intimators, shinkos, wave rotors and EBC HH pads. Still hoping to fit the SMM soon, and a lot of hope in them stopping the wallowing in high speed turns..

The 17" Lightcon wheels and radial tires made an enormous difference in the handling of my 2000 Vmax.

rick rash

Hey Ace,
Let me know when you are going to lose the back rest, I`ll take it off your hands.

-Right on Dave,I HOPE to get it very soon but well see what my next check says about all this.

Solid mounts, busa brakes, Racetech front end, morley kit/exhaust.

Latest posts

Back