Brownie Run '11

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO WORRIES.....brothers......I went in early to check the quality of the BROWNIES!!!..............AND THEY ARE AWESOME!!......Heidi is on her game again this year!!!!....Thanks Heidi..................

OMG I'm behind the 8-ball. Haven't even started on the Brownie making. I may have to take some time off to prepare for my time off...

Where is the best place to post "BRC - Swap Meet" parts offerings? Sorry Danny, we're adding a parts swap/flea market feature to BR2011. I'll have the pony loaded with some parts in case some folks need. Best part - no shipping!

Alicia*

OMG I'm behind the 8-ball. Haven't even started on the Brownie making. I may have to take some time off to prepare for my time off...

Where is the best place to post "BRC - Swap Meet" parts offerings? Sorry Danny, we're adding a parts swap/flea market feature to BR2011. I'll have the pony loaded with some parts in case some folks need. Best part - no shipping!

Alicia*

I like the sound of this MMM! :clapping: Think we could possibly even designate a spot where parts n' stuff could be displayed/discussed/exchanged.

Not like we're gonna have frames & motors 'n such being as most folks will have to tote thier 'items' on thier max's!!

IMPORTANT BR11 INFO!

Not that we're putting any stock in Accu-Weather forcasting....BUT

As it stands right now, A/W is forecasting (2) sunny days for the second half of this month....and they are not during BR11.

If this rain pattern actually does become a reality (which we don't for a second believe there is any chance of) it will seriously dampen the BR11 festivities, and the management at BRC is greatly concerned about their ability to host a meaningful 'indoor' event.

For this reason we are considering changing the Brownie Run from a "Rain or Shine" event to a "Shine Only" event.

Your thoughts please.......:ummm:

shine is where i need it to be man......... crap since i'll only have a few days if at all. we all better start our "no rain dance"

I see what you're looking at Danny but were still more than 10 days out (if only just so) so it may be prudent to wait a few more days. I know were going to have quite a few people that have to cancel reservations so we cannot wait too long for a decision.
Let us not forsake the weather gods just yet and with a little luck the Brownie Run '11 will go on!:worthy:

I see what you're looking at Danny but were still more than 10 days out (if only just so) so it may be prudent to wait a few more days. I know were going to have quite a few people that have to cancel reservations so we cannot wait too long for a decision.
Let us not forsake the weather gods just yet and with a little luck the Brownie Run '11 will go on!:worthy:

Not to fear Brian....we're not 'pulling the trigger' or anything like that (christ I hate that saying!!!). :biglaugh:

Just seeing an unpleasant weather pattern that is nipping at the edges! We would NEVER foresake the weather gods or their dedicated disciples, and have total confidence in their powers!!

Also, there is a very real possibility of a plan 'B' in the unlikely event of unsavory weather, which we here at BRC are currently working on. We are not without resources either.....it can happen! :punk:

The question is....who is willing to ride in the rain to attend BR11?

dan-o, i would be out if it rains. with the minimal time i' dhave there if i do end up making it, i definitely wouldn't do it in the rain. sorry guys!

Hmm, I would have to wait and see at this point. The forecast is for solid rain at this point and that is not too appealing, but I will reserve any judgment until later this week.

Unfortunately, mikeymustang and I are unanimous: If it's going to monsoon, err, rain, we're out. I'll be cruisin' in the pony, but I don't think mikey wants to ride 450+ miles in the rain. Now, if we're able to dodge the weather, that's another story...

If its on , Im in! only 90 miles in the rain, not like I havent done it before or I also have a plan B.

If its on , Im in! only 90 miles in the rain, not like I havent done it before or I also have a plan B.

Same here...assuming I have a bike to ride.......working on it......rain jackets and good tires........but it's going to be sunny anyways............

i would trailer the bike, but i wonder how i could get around the taconic with a trailer? or load it in the back of the silverado if i had to

Rain will put a serious damper on my plans for attending unfortunately. Something about riding hundreds of miles in the rain just isnt that appealing to me. Of course I could trailer!

At this point there is no reason to think that Brownie Run '11 will be any different than it has been in the past....good friends having a great time with great weather! :punk:

Should it become necessary to make a decision we will wait until the morning of Wednesday the 25th to do so....will that give everyone enough time to manage plans & reservations, etc.?

Back