Can't Buy Jets In California!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjmac5

Reaction score
When I bought this VMAX, I couldn't get any mechanics to change the jetting on my Carbs. They would gladly charge me $1000 to rebuild them, but no jets. Well ultimately, they did me a favor.

Now, I just went to buy some Jets from Jets R Us and Paypal declined the transaction and they sent me an email stating that governing laws restricted the sale of this item.

So I got on Ebay and purchased the Jets. No problem but I noticed that the seller left feedback and marked the item sold as "Private" so you cant see what was purchased. That is B.S. I had less trouble buying Ammo online. I actually purchased a couple of sizes just in case they crack down further.:damn angry:

^ That does suck but I've seen that Wall of Smog in LA (that was thousands of feet high) back in the mid 80's, so I can understand that law.
I'm glad you were able to get them though.

Wow...and most of the time your looking for smaller jets so the bike will run better....not bigger jets...

is it a cali bike also.....
chg the paj from 100 to 90and wake it up a bike hahahhah along with the main jet chg and then enjoy more burnouts bahahahha

85 deg and sunny here in So. Cal yesterday 100 mile fun ride just because. Moving doesn't be to be the wise thing to do :)

The weather is nice for sure but the obscene taxes and the unconstitutional gun laws would keep me from ever living there. Just my $.02

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

^ That does suck but I've seen that Wall of Smog in LA (that was thousands of feet high) back in the mid 80's, so I can understand that law.
I'm glad you were able to get them though.

Eliminating the sell of Jets for Motorcycle Carbs should clean things right up in SoCal!:clapping:

I'm totally amazed that some micro-managing lawmaker would even consider aftermarket jets in motorcycle carbs as being such a huge contributer to the 'carbon footprint' on the planet....or California anyway. :ummm:

Eliminating the sell of Jets for Motorcycle Carbs should clean things right up in SoCal!:clapping:
I'm sure that the law applies for ALL carburated vehicles.
Have you ever driven into LA ??
We used to drive up from San Diego and you could see the Massive Wall of Smog from Miles away.
That much Smog just doesn't exist anywhere else in the US (or probably the world), which is why I can understand the strict Emission Laws in Southern, CA.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/25/us-usa-losangeles-life-idUSBRE93O00S20130425

All that being said, I'd also rejet my Max if I wanted to and lived in CA, which is why I also said I was glad he got them.

I'd move !! just saying
+1

The weather is nice for sure but the obscene taxes and the unconstitutional gun laws would keep me from ever living there. Just my $.02

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk
Not to mention Cali is overdue to slide off into the Pacific ocean any day now.

My Bad fore sure. Paid much more from some guy on Ebay.:confused2:
You'll learn. Sean's the best!

We used to drive up from San Diego and you could see the Massive Wall of Smog from Miles away.
That much Smog just doesn't exist anywhere else in the US (or probably the world), which is why I can understand the strict Emission Laws in Southern, CA.
Although I've never been there, I always invision the Washington DC area to have a fair measure of unsightly BS hovering in the air 24/7, and quite nausiating to drive into. :biglaugh:

Although I've never been there, I always invision the Washington DC area to have a fair measure of unsightly BS hovering in the air 24/7, and quite nausiating to drive into. :biglaugh:
DC is almost as bad but it isn't visible like it is in LA.
I've driven around DC plenty of times and you can't actually see that smog like you can in LA.

DC is almost as bad but it isn't visible like it is in LA.
I've driven around DC plenty of times and you can't actually see that smog like you can in LA.

I have lived in California my whole life and am plenty familiar with LA smog.

You are correct, this is probably part of a larger piece of legislation but If I go to the performance Auto Shop, I can buy a Holley double pump Carb, Edelbrock manifold and headers for a 69 Chevy without a blink.

What this says to me is that the motorcycle community has zero influence with politicians and absolutely zero lobby dollars flowing into Sacramento. We can throw the tree huggers a bone and not piss off a large voting block. It has nothing to do with people choking on crap in LA.

Back