Central Florida Tech Day In The Country

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like a great day in the making.......I wish I could go as well!!.....have a blast guys. Take lots of photos and video clips for the rest of us defrosting...........

looks like i ain't gonna be able to make it this weekend.
sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-emoticon-000346-large.gif

i had finally manned up the cojones and decided to do the two-hour jaunt. that is, until the school called reminding me that my daughter starts her spring break this weekend. i am suppose to bring her up to jax saturday morning to my folks'.

also in my attempt to fix my crankcase-breather oil weep, i snapped the head off of a "oil cleaner" banjo bolt when i was piecing her back together.
slaping.gif

i guess it just wasn't meant to be.

:eek:fftopic:Thinking about Easy Out, since it's a banjo bolt, the stem already has a "pilot hole". Any advice, recommendations? Somebody told me to try and tap an allen key in. ????

Just spoke with the guy I am helping, and we moved the time up, so I should be done by 1100 or so, So hopefully I can be at your place around 1200!

looks like i ain't gonna be able to make it this weekend.
sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-emoticon-000346-large.gif

i had finally manned up the cojones and decided to do the two-hour jaunt. that is, until the school called reminding me that my daughter starts her spring break this weekend. i am suppose to bring her up to jax saturday morning to my folks'.

also in my attempt to fix my crankcase-breather oil weep, i snapped the head off of a "oil cleaner" banjo bolt when i was piecing her back together.
slaping.gif

i guess it just wasn't meant to be.

:eek:fftopic:Thinking about Easy Out, since it's a banjo bolt, the stem already has a "pilot hole". Any advice, recommendations? Somebody told me to try and tap an allen key in. ????

Hope you get the bike back together soon! Wish you could be here!
Bill :th_peace:

I think we might have a new member coming from Jacksonville. I hope one of my neighbors is home Saturday morning to help me load the lift.

dang i fill like a chump. bwahahaha. :rofl_200:
but am stoked! \(^o^)/ got the broken bolt out with an allen key. saved me some $$$ and worries about an easy out dropping shavings inside my engine.:punk: and i'm all about that.
anyways, i hope y'all have a blast. post some pix!

I think we might have a new member coming from Jacksonville. I hope one of my neighbors is home Saturday morning to help me load the lift.

If not, I'm short and pretty close to the ground already! I do have to loose the center stand "Hint on kit type". So that would be my first order of business installing the exhaust. I actually went to HF thinking of buying a lift,but they don't carry it in stock, have to order it in. "No worries it will be a great day either way".:biglaugh::biglaugh:

We've got a lot of great things planned for this Tech Day, It would sure be nice if a few more would commit to being there. AllisonTech is needing a number so he can set up to provide food and drinks.. The Fun, we'll make ourselves.. It'll be a great day in the country....

If not, I'm short and pretty close to the ground already! I do have to loose the center stand "Hint on kit type". So that would be my first order of business installing the exhaust. I actually went to HF thinking of buying a lift,but they don't carry it in stock, have to order it in. "No worries it will be a great day either way".:biglaugh::biglaugh:
Do you have a torch or a sawzall in case youhave to take the tabs off the frame to ? If not I can bring my small cutting torch.

Do you have a torch or a sawzall in case youhave to take the tabs off the frame to ? If not I can bring my small cutting torch.

Tabs can stay so I can put the stand back on if I ever need to service the bike, "Just cant ride it with stand in place". I do have a sawzall,and neighbor has a torch set if need be,mine is a small torch set and it's out of oxygen. Should be good to go! Only thing I can think of is maybe a spare 8mm allen socket in case I break my Snap On, I have a spare in a set, but their pretty long.:biglaugh:

No Problem I will bring an extra 8 mm If I remember. I have been pretty crazy lately so it might be best if you need something to cal me Saturday morning so I dont forget any thing. Are you or any one else gonna be wanting braided brake lines etc, I am still trying to figure out what to bring.

No Problem I will bring an extra 8 mm If I remember. I have been pretty crazy lately so it might be best if you need something to cal me Saturday morning so I dont forget any thing. Are you or any one else gonna be wanting braided brake lines etc, I am still trying to figure out what to bring.

Ya if you have a front 3 pc set I will get them from you Sat. Just got another PM from a screen name Eric that say's he is coming out also. I think we should be looking at at least 20 people, This is going to turn out to be a really good chance for people to see what you have to offer, "I'm sure your tech knowledge about VMaxes and other bikes is also going to be favorite!

Bill:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Just checked the weather forcast in your area and it looks great for Saturday, 87 high with no chance of rain. You guys should have a great Tech Day............

Thanx alorio1. Any day with other VMaxers is a great day...

I've contacted Earl and Amy about coming. Weather man says there's a 20% chance of that happening.:rofl_200:

Cleaning my garage today so I can get more VMax parts or bikes in there.:ummm:

Ya if you have a front 3 pc set I will get them from you Sat. Just got another PM from a screen name Eric that say's he is coming out also. I think we should be looking at at least 20 people, This is going to turn out to be a really good chance for people to see what you have to offer, "I'm sure your tech knowledge about VMaxes and other bikes is also going to be favorite!

Bill:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
I have the lines I will bring them with me. I am headed to FT Lauderdale in the morning to pick up another Max I bought so I might have a whole parts bike with me.:biglaugh:

I have the lines I will bring them with me. I am headed to FT Lauderdale in the morning to pick up another Max I bought so I might have a whole parts bike with me.:biglaugh:

Sweet! I think this is going to be a great day. I found out today that one of the center stand bolts can't be removed with the exhaust in place so needless to say I now have bungee cords holding up my center stand!"Looks like I'm not riding to work tomorrow":bang head:

We have lot's of tech stuff going on here so this will be a great chance for people to have their questions answered,work on their bikes, and learn from some experienced VMaxers. We have the exhaust,carbs,and brakes covered!
All this info for free and burgers to boot, "We should have a 100 people!" LOL
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Back