Dual Headlight mount fab

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow it's really coming nicely. Man very good job.

So I finally got these together, Matte powder coat for the headlight cage and Hot rod black 2K paint for the trim pieces. The rest of my body work is going to be Hot Rod Black 2k made by Spraymax.

Great work, shows imagination. Love the gaitors/overall blacked-out look, bar-end mirrors, and what can be seen of the dash. However....
I would go with a smoke plexiglass flyscreen to cover the brackets - doesn't have to be too tall, and maybe incorporate smoke-lens turn signals, mounted in a more "traditional" orientation.
I'm sorry, but at present those aftermarket ones look too much like rabbit-ears, and distract from the bad-ass appearance of your bike.
Cheers!

I like the smoked out idea, I can get vinyl that will darken the lens up however, from the back side they are black and look like horns :punk:

Great work, shows imagination. Love the gaitors/overall blacked-out look, bar-end mirrors, and what can be seen of the dash. However....
I would go with a smoke plexiglass flyscreen to cover the brackets - doesn't have to be too tall, and maybe incorporate smoke-lens turn signals, mounted in a more "traditional" orientation.
I'm sorry, but at present those aftermarket ones look too much like rabbit-ears, and distract from the bad-ass appearance of your bike.
Cheers!
I agree w/Miles, a distraction. Perhaps if you mounted them at an angle w/smoked lenses?

Here is some creativity, so we don't want to discourage it. After awhile, you may find another arrangement you like more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 24
I think my turn signal placement might be radical for some but I kind of like them put in an unexpected spot, in person they really aren't that offensive.

I like it. I would try to get something else figured out for the bolts though as i'm not digging how they stick out so far.

I have to say i'm not a big fan of the blacked out look as i grew up in the late 70's early 80's w/lot's of chrome and color, but i do like your bike nice work ! :)

Very nice fab work!! I wish I had the skills to do that kind of stuff!

Thanks guys, I think the main point of this thread is just to show a different option for headlights, parts could be chromed/painted/powder coated all different colors so it could match a particular style.

Thanks guys, I think the main point of this thread is just to show a different option for headlights, parts could be chromed/painted/powder coated all different colors so it could match a particular style.

That brings to mind Fred's colorful Dymags and bodywork, who remembers that?

Latest posts

Back