Garretts random winter questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet:punk::punk:

hey dan dont got your address handy, can you pm it to me. thanks

yea they can get 1" but its like 5-7 days. they're not cheap eh? like $5 for the 2"

ya but trust me you will not know how you lived without one before man.... and will last you a long long time...... dont be affraid to push with the drill when using it, you'll see. wont have any issues cleaning off that oil pan gasket when you get to it with this thing

hey man i jsut remembered on the real stubburn parts to save time i used a red scotch brite pad that you can get on a roloc also. those are super cheap and think you should have two of those. think that will be a lot faster then the white. i used both last time i was cleaning off my gaskets, sorry just came back to me now.

np, i was actually being very careful with the razor blade. put some 'gasket remover' on, came back 24 hours later scrapped off the loose stuff. repeat.

need to be able to put a little pressure to help clean it off, so maybe without flex shaft. a reg cordless drill works great if you dont have a air die grinder. in this case the scotch brite red on a roloc works fastest for the hard stubber gaskets, white better for larger areas

not yet. hopefully the right angle drill tomorrow!

so got 2 roloc disks, man those were pricey! anyways did a test run on the oil pan for a few reminaing little gasket pieces and it made marks in the aluminum, is that normal?

no should be no marks at all.... send a pic of what you got man. only needed one white one as it will last you a lifetime, a couple of the red scotch brite on a roloc will help and be more useful on the hard parts.

should nto even scratch it.

heres the pic..

also whats the little canister in the background for?

Attachments

• 2011-01-29 11.13.41.jpg
    2011-01-29 11.13.41.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 26
Doesn't look all that bad to me on the marks. The "CUP" is to help cut down on oil foaming with the returned oil.

Sean

fuck so spent 4h with the bike today and got nowhere.

i was able to re-attach the circlip to the oil pump drive gear which was obviously a huge pain.

but i couldn't get the 'scavanger' pipe for the oil pump back in place with that gromet so i came home and found more pics in how it goes in. i have a better idea now but had to remove the stator cover while there to get a better view.

then the damn kawi o ring won't pop in with the elbow. obviously not a lot of swinging a hammer room under the bike so i used a bottle jack to put some pressure on it and it won't pop all the way in. tried it 6 ways from sunday to get it to pop in.

fucking frustrated.

ya doesnt look that bad but there should be no marks with that stuff. send a pic of the roloc you are using......... should look like new when done man.

cant help you with the oring fix havent done it yet, drop CR a line he did his

ro, just one of the normal white ones, looks like all the others i googled.

so i finally got that gromet in, fuck that was tough almost had to pull the flywheel.

so two more problems.

1. fuck. stripped the threads on one of the oil pump mounting bolts. gonna try a 10 or 5mm longer bolt see if it can grab some more good threads. if that doesn't work i assume i'll have to go with a helicoil?

2. the damn oring still won't pop in. heres a pic

also took a pic of all my cardboard cutouts! hah

Attachments

• 2011-01-29 23.14.17.jpg
    2011-01-29 23.14.17.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2011-01-29 23.23.22.jpg
    2011-01-29 23.23.22.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 17
Garrett, I went to bed thinking I was "going to bed" and my wife went to bed. Turned out to be a disappointing night for me. Now here I am reading about your misadventures again. Good luck. I'm having a hard time seeing whats going on in that photo of the oring, almost looks like its in to me?? Mine was tough to get in too. I'd loosen up the galley bolts, and put the pan on and tighten it up a little at a time. Mine popped right in that way. Maybe someone will have some input.

I think Dave went through something similar as he just changed to a kawi oring too. Maybe he has a better idea.

ro, just one of the normal white ones, looks like all the others i googled.

so i finally got that gromet in, fuck that was tough almost had to pull the flywheel.

so two more problems.

1. fuck. stripped the threads on one of the oil pump mounting bolts. gonna try a 10 or 5mm longer bolt see if it can grab some more good threads. if that doesn't work i assume i'll have to go with a helicoil?

2. the damn oring still won't pop in. heres a pic

also took a pic of all my cardboard cutouts! hah

I like the sec pic!
I never understand when poeple are that touchy about bolt's order.
I never cared about that :)

Striped? Dang bro you need to stop those weight pulling LOL
Heli coil is good but some metal epoxy and re-thread is much better.

Back