Pissed off,feelin a bit defeated

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ace
Be patient and we will get it dialed in.
You me and Dave need to get together and have a wrenching party.
I can host one here soon.
We do need to drop you mains at least one size and go from there.
Dave just got some 152s and has some 150s so we need to see what you have in there and go from there.
I have to jump mine back up one or two sizes as I went down too far with my last rejet.
When are you free.
I am free next weekend, Sunday would be Best.
Cheers

fargo knows his shit, ur in good hands ace.

THESE BIKES ARE NOT RICE ROCKETS :confused2:, THERE ACTUALLY REALLY COOL LOOKING ANCHORS !...:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Hey Tim,
Not according to the cops that you run from:rofl_200::rofl_200:
:rofl_200::biglaugh::eusa_dance::ummm:
Bwahahahahaha.
<<Dave>>:eusa_dance:

Im free whenever Im told to make time in the name of performance! I pulled that fat Y piece off of my air box to allow a little more air to balance out my fuel mess just a little.It made a surprising difference by feel but I wish I had access to a DYNO that didnt cost $40 a pull to SEE it.

fargo knows his shit, ur in good hands ace.

I am still learning. I have an actual air fuel meter and still having a hard time getting my own bike dialed in. But then I have been working a lot lately.

Ace as far as taking the y off that is usually not a good idea for our carbs. They require velocity of air not so much as total air flow. Sure you can pull in more air but it slows down and doesnt create the venture effect as much when it does. Usually with a stock set up try shimming your Y up about 3/8" using some washers.
Remember it is more about the speed of the air than the total air flow with stock carbs.

The Y trick is highly disputed in the Vmax community. I had it off of mine and made 122 HP. Dale Walker recommended taking it off... I don't think it really makes a hell of a lot of difference.

Your best bet is in the future to get a full exhaust (new or used) and Seans kit. The low down power is worth it.

Chris

124hp with Full old style Hindle and Flatslide carbs Dialed in on Dyno When you see the high 130s it's BS dyno Numbers

Whatever. Nice 1st post. Maybe you should bring your bike to a big event sometime and compare it with other bikes on the same dyno. My jet kit on a 1428 (and another 1500) on PCW's dyno out performed identically prepared engines that had flatslides on them.

Usually the 130+ bikes have a lot of miles. The typical well tuned stock engine will make in the mid 120's rwhp. My 05 stock made about 115 rwhp. With a kerker and jet kit it made 127 rwhp.

Sean

124hp with Full old style Hindle and Flatslide carbs Dialed in on Dyno When you see the high 130s it's BS dyno Numbers

That's what my bike made with Seans kit on the same dyno he talked about above.

The carb kit cost just over 200 bucks I think... :eusa_dance:

Of course I have an extra special engine that no one else got... :bang head:

Q for those of you that know...

isn't a max converted to chain going to show more of its HP at the wheel?

haven't seen any sport-bikes without a chain... if i wanted to have grease flying and a nice rattle, then i could always yank the gears and hang a chain, too :rofl_200:

haven't seen any sport-bikes without a chain... if i wanted to have grease flying and a nice rattle, then i could always yank the gears and hang a chain, too :rofl_200:

About 15-20% more.

V-max drive shaft generates about 25%(good condition) loses and chain generates about 10%(>10% up to 5% with new chain and sprockets and properly lubricated).

A chain drive engine doesn't make more power. It however allows more power the engine does make to get to the rear wheels!

Sean

I remember that Cycle article, "Taking it to the nines" or some such. Didn't they convert the VMax to a chain in that? Hell if I want to do that. I love that shaft drive: No muss, no fuss.

I remember that Cycle article, "Taking it to the nines" or some such. Didn't they convert the VMax to a chain in that? Hell if I want to do that. I love that shaft drive: No muss, no fuss.

Yes they did, but I think that was to make it lighter and to fit a custom rear Kosman wheel.

It was still shaft driven.
Kosman did a special set of spoked wheels with the rear sporting a prostock slick. Kerker designed the 4-2-1 pipe, we all know and love now, and DJ came up with the jet kit. What they didn't mention is the different res on the brake. I wonder if they did anything to them to slow the thing down.

image1na.jpg

Surprised this threads still alive, been about a year or 2 now since I seen it pop up!

Good news is I put a full exhaust on my bike and will be runnin a Morley jet kit soon...then it's ganna be dyno round 2!

Wow, this is an old thread. The first time and only time so far that I ran my 94 on a dyno, the numbers were like 101.79 and, I believe 71.XX. Kyle and I did some work on my slipping clutch so I think the numbers would be way higher now. Good Luck with your quest for power. I'm sure you'll get there in round 2....

Am going to dyno Toxic before the summer is out just to see how much more rwhp I have after the chain conversion. Based on the last dyno numbers and the 15-20% efficiency upgrade it might just be interesting:eusa_dance:

Try not to "tune" it to the point where it becomes an unreliable, gas-guzzling dyno princess! LOL!

Blaine

Back