The Vmax seat thread! The all seat thread!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, Shawn, ask Cory Frost, a MAXer from UT, our 1st webguy, & the ORIGINAL VMOA webmaster, WHEN the SportMax website, with just a few products-INCLUDING the seat- came online...
It was May 1997 (I remember...I was there...lol)
I THINK Dale W. & HoleShot were online already by then...

Well, I don't have a dog in this fight, but it would be tough to go 'online' in May 1997, when the domain rmsportmax.com wasn't registered until November 1997. :confused2:

Administrative Contact :
Frost, Cory
[email protected]
310 S. 100 E. #3
ST GEORGE, UT 84770-3633
US
Phone: 435-986-9746

Technical Contact :
Rocky Mountain SportMax
[email protected]
376 E. 300 S. #16
St. George, UT 84770
US
Phone: (435) 628-5657
Fax: 999 999 9999

Record expires on 03-Nov-2013
Record created on 04-Nov-1997
Database last updated on 16-Jun-2006

And, web.archive.org doesn't appear to have a copy of an active website until December 1998.

Well, I don't have a dog in this fight, but it would be tough to go 'online' in May 1997, when the domain rmsportmax.com wasn't registered until November 1997. :confused2:

Administrative Contact :
Frost, Cory
[email protected]
310 S. 100 E. #3
ST GEORGE, UT 84770-3633
US

Technical Contact :
Rocky Mountain SportMax
[email protected]
376 E. 300 S. #16
St. George, UT 84770
US

And, web.archive.org doesn't appear to have a copy of an active website until December 1998.

Man, i think that you should join the CSI.

VERY nice looking seat indeed!!!
(I take it, from the looks of it, that it's based off a Corbin shell, correct?)
If that works as well as it looks, it should be sweet!

(If Corbin had made a seat looking like that, back in early 1993, SportMax seats would likely never have come about...THANX Mike C., for being so stubborn...!!!...LOL)

BTW, Shawn, ask Cory Frost, a MAXer from UT, our 1st webguy, & the ORIGINAL VMOA webmaster, WHEN the SportMax website, with just a few products-INCLUDING the seat- came online...
It was May 1997 (I remember...I was there...lol)
I THINK Dale W. & HoleShot were online already by then...

Are you positive you HAD a computer out there in '97, Shawn???...
Not kidding, or trying to be smart here...
There just weren't THAT many PCs, or IPs for that matter,
when we built our 1st website...
We were already linked with the VMOA. when you found them...
If my memory serves me correctly, we linked up when Clint Hooper,
the founder, was still in charge...Remember THAT?

OK, enough history...(make my head hurt!...lol)

John
VMOA #75
RMSportMax.com
610-509-VMAX(8629)

I agree, the seat is very nicely done and a def version of the Corbin. I found the holeshot well before the VMOA and still have my member shirt and certificate where we joined up with his group at the time (the shirt is now a shop rag but I still have it).

I would bet not only do I have the original computer we were using but also the original AOL 1.0 that we had loaded on to it! I wonder if we can find out how long we've had my aol name??

A member who was one of the very early guys in the group saw me at a drag race event and encouraged me to join the group back when. I don't even remember who was running the place at the time but Mike Zigler is who found me.

Sean

I agree, the seat is very nicely done and a def version of the Corbin. I found the holeshot well before the VMOA and still have my member shirt and certificate where we joined up with his group at the time (the shirt is now a shop rag but I still have it).

I would bet not only do I have the original computer we were using but also the original AOL 1.0 that we had loaded on to it! I wonder if we can find out how long we've had my aol name??

A member who was one of the very early guys in the group saw me at a drag race event and encouraged me to join the group back when. I don't even remember who was running the place at the time but Mike Zigler is who found me.

Sean

WOW Sean... Horder much? What good can a computer with MUCH less computing power than my iPhone do for you now? :ummm:
:biglaugh:
Chris

Hey, man. It's got more gold and platinum in it then snoop dogs teeth which is saying a lot! I still have my Commodore 64 and 128 "computers" even. I never did buy one of the radio shack (tandy) computers that made history.

Sean

My wife used to think that way too Sean... "some day I will" is all I heard... I am NOT a horder so that stuff gets tossed.

I had a Commodore Vic 20 growing up. Used to play Commodore Crunch on it. (like pac-man) lol

Chris

Hey, man. It's got more gold and platinum in it then snoop dogs teeth which is saying a lot! I still have my Commodore 64 and 128 "computers" even. I never did buy one of the radio shack (tandy) computers that made history.

Sean

LOL i have C64 and Amiga :punk:. NES and SNES even...somewher at the attic :D

Administrative Contact :
Frost, Cory
[email protected]
310 S. 100 E. #3
ST GEORGE, UT 84770-3633
US

Technical Contact :
Rocky Mountain SportMax
[email protected]
376 E. 300 S. #16
St. George, UT 84770
US

OH BOY...It was over 12 years ago, and I was off by 6 months...MAYBE.

SportMax went online in 1997.

Feel better now...???

(*shaking my head at THIS one...REALLY shaking my head...)

No "dog in the fight"?...Yeah right.

WOOF!!!...lol

John
RMSportMax:eusa_dance:

Feel better now...???

WOOF!!!...lol

John

The internet's a harsh place John... Too many "experts" out there that will call your bluff or find your errors so you have to be sure you're 100% correct.

The internet is a funny funny thing... People with small dicks automatically have huge ones on the internet and people that are complete pussies in real life are big bully's on the internet...:rofl_200:

I don't think I am really any different. Most who meet me tell me that anyway...:punk:

Chris

Feel better now...???

WOOF!!!...lol

John

Maybe is right. Your domain was registered in November 1997, and per the other link I posted, might not have gone online until sometime well into 1998.

But, I'm happy to trust your memory over the link.

And, I do not have a dog in this fight. My ass sits on a stock VMax seat. Two of them, in fact.

Thanks for the interaction, John. Very enlightening.

All right, back on topic of the original thread!:hammer bash: This is not the pissing match thread and I don't really care who, what where when why was first. If someone feels the need that it must continue, then turn it over to your lawyers and post the courtroom drama ( with pictures) in a new thread. :pullhair:

Thank you

Attachments

• banhammer.jpg
    banhammer.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 18
Best seat for the bike

Hi.
The original seat on the bike is terrible when going on long trips, and since I am planning to drive from Norway to Sweden this summer I need to replace the seat with one more comfortable one. I have browsed the net and it seems like there are several good ones out there.
Is there anyone spesific you would recommand ?
It doesn't have to be a two person seat since I usually drive alone.

Re: Best seat for the bike

I have a Morley Muscle seat and it is GREAT!!!!!

You can contact him through the banner at the top of the page......

Shipping might be a little steep:confused2:

Back