Thunder 2015 - its official!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a question.
Were are the Vmaxforum.net members meeting up at the hotel?
Has anyone designated a spot for members to connect with?

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:First time?

You'll find us, follow the V4 sound and the smell of rubber, but its NOT from the red bike!:biglaugh:

If it's your first time, be prepared for an initiation. Your burnouts will be watched carefully for proper form, be ready to answer any senior members questions about Vmax mods and try to keep up if you join in on any of the spirited rides!:punk:

If it's your first time, be prepared for an initiation. Your burnouts will be watched carefully for proper form, be ready to answer any senior members questions about Vmax mods and try to keep up if you join in on any of the spirited rides!:punk:

Oh god. I fail. What happens when we can't pass it? I just want to make sure I'm prepared. And as close as I'm cutting it to even being ready I don't think my bike could handle a burnout lol

I've owned my Max for 30 years, and I never once did one of these big smoky burnouts you're gonna see (and smell!) at the Motel! I was amazed first time I saw what these bikes can do..

Here's our plans in case anyone is looking for someone to ride out with.
We are heading from Springville NY on Wednesday at noon. Gonna stop in Oil City PA for the night - I know it's not too far, but Oil City is a cool little town, with a couple really friendly saloons... Gonna head to Thunder Thursday morning early, riding through Punxy, and we are staying in Jennerstown (Rte 30) at a place called The Laurel Manor motel.

We will be hanging out at Days Inn in Somerset, and at Jim & Jimmie's bar on the Johnstown pike. We decided that a short ride to Laurel Manor at midnight is better than a longer ride to Somerset, especially at night..

Boy's week out trip. Wives and girlfriends staying home! Weather determines which bike I ride out.. I would like to ride the Max to let you all check out the paint and pipes, but we will see about that.

Leave me a message if you're interested in riding out with us, and I'll give you the details, etc.

Ride safe, see you all there!

Is the Days Inn parking lot gonna be big enough.. lol, tons of bikes and trucks with tailers...mine will be one of them...

Oh I might need someone to make sure I get up in the mornings.. I won't know what to do not having 4 dogs barking and a grandson crying every morning...lol

I'm planning on coming Though I sold the vmax. The max went to a good home. I'll be riding down with vmax mike on a ninja 1000. See you all there.

I'm planning on coming Though I sold the vmax. The max went to a good home. I'll be riding down with vmax mike on a ninja 1000. See you all there.
Nice !!!
I'm pretty sure I saw the guy that bought your Vmax post on Facebook but I don't remember who it was.

Last edited:
His name is James, goes by Lowlife here on the site, rides like a madman and represents the Mi Hooligans well!...........:punk:...........Tom.

Thought I'd post it here since this is the official thread:
Well It looks like I'm going to not be able to make it to Thunder due to a couple of things. First Redbone has had a leak at the front of the driveshaft that ended up being a bad oil seal where the drive shaft goes into the final drive. An easy repair but not so fast with an extended shaft that won't come off the factory drive shaft. I tried a little heat and cold therapy but the SOB would not budge. It is now at a local machine shop getting worked on, their first attempt they could not budge it either(I feel a little vindicated when my attempts failed). He is now going to try another time without regard to the outcome of the driveshaft only goal is to get the extension free of said drive shaft. I should know by tomorrow evening if they are successful. BTW the guy that doing the work is a good friend of my buddy that I took it to for advice so I'm hoping they will have a great price for the work they are doing.
Second is work, we have had our work ramped up 5 fold in the last 2 months (I can't give specifics yet!) and we are just 3 Techs and our Director. Help is on the horizon with a new tech slated to start the first of July and she is a former IT employee of our that left for greener pastures then found them not so green.
Lastly, my sister has a bunch of house projects she wants done and I have been helping her with that list so I can keep on working on that for her.
I hope you guys have another great Thunder event and maybe we'll see ya'll next year. Ride hard and have fun!

That's a shame Brian.
Hopefully Redbone will be back up and running soon though.
We'll definitely miss you.
I'm sure there will be a Lot of pictures posted on FaceBook and here so at least you will be able to see everyone and everything vicariously through those.

Looks like you and I will both be sitting this one out this year Brian........:damn angry:..........I will be looking foreward to the pics and vids!..........:punk:..........Tom.

Latest posts

Back