Using Dyna Beads to balance a tire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Balancing beads

I know some of yall like Dyna beads & I found a source if any one is interested to get Innovative balancing beads work exactly like Dyna beads. If I buy them in bulk I can sell them for $ 25 a pound shipped. I just wanted to see if there was any intrest before I bought them.

Re: Balancing beads

Will they help me ride my unicycle,better?:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Sorry , the wise ass in me poped out:confused2:

It's an interesting subject? I'll have to look it up and learn more.

Thanks Kyle,
Dave

Not me....heard far too many bad things about them. Just google them a bit, this isn't the first forum they're popped up on. Virtually in all cases a high speed (80 or over) vibration is noticed. Maybe fine for a HD, not for a Vmax.

I thought Innovative beads made Dyna beads? I have'nt noticed any vibration at high speeds with them. Maybe people had other problems besides the beads that were causing the vibration.

If you are getting vibration at higher speed you may need to add 1/2 ounce untill it stops, it happened to me i added 1/2 ounce in the front and 1 ounce in the rear smooth as can be now

I used them in my Max for most of the time and they did their job just fine. Very happy and would use them again on any bike.

I know some of yall like Dyna beads & I found a source if any one is interested to get Innovative balancing beads work exactly like Dyna beads. If I buy them in bulk I can sell them for $ 25 a pound shipped. I just wanted to see if there was any intrest before I bought them.

I'd be interested as long as you're sure they're the same as Dynabeads.

Re: dyna beads anyone try them ?

Yup, I have Carr wheels and Avon radials, the only balancing that I used was the Dyna beads. Absolutely no imbalance. I certainly didn't want to have any nasty weights on my wheels...

ehh. cool at higher rpms. don't like the looks of it when trying to start. it looks like you'd have to be going 40 mph before the balancing effect kicks in. i'd say it is only beneficial as an add-on to a wheel that is already balanced to fine-tune the balance.

I think they work great. Pulled all my lead off, and bike is silky smooth. Maybe its in my head....I dunno.

I'd buy a pound myself Kyle. PM sent.

OP > That was good thinking raiding the wife's "toolbox" like that.

...Also of note: My rear tire showed signs of internal damage from the Dyna Beads!!! They had worn a groove in the center of the carcass deep enough to eliminate the ribbing on the inside of the tire. Not too sure if this is a common occurance, but needless to say I have tire weights on my wheels now just in case!!!

I don't mind the look of the wheel weights but have been thinking of adding Dyna Beads or BB's also. Seems that the wheels and tires would be super balanced by doing this. I just never have the time to experiment. I have too many toys that are in constant need of attention to keep them running right. What are your thoughts about this "Double Balancing"?:confused2:

I don't mind the look of the wheel weights but have been thinking of adding Dyna Beads or BB's also. Seems that the wheels and tires would be super balanced by doing this. I just never have the time to experiment. I have too many toys that are in constant need of attention to keep them running right. What are your thoughts about this "Double Balancing"?:confused2:

I know of people that do "both" and haven't had any issues. Technically the wheel weights are considered static balancing, and the beads are considered dynamic balancing...lol...thats one way to make certain that everything is covered.

Back