• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB OEM front brake rotors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay will be by far the cheap way to go. I should have good sets of rotors around here but I won't be able to compete with the pricing there. BUT, if you get a bad rotor you also won't have any problems getting a replacement from me either!

got a set off of a 97 danny, i can go measure them later on today for ya

I may be able to help you in the near future - my 2000 is finally complied here and should be with me within the next week or two, and I am planning on getting some wavys from China. Then of course there'll be shipping from Oz, but if you're stuck I'm sure we cna work something out Dan-o :)

got a set off of a 97 danny, i can go measure them later on today for ya

That sounds good Rov, let me know what they mic at. Thanks

I may be able to help you in the near future - my 2000 is finally complied here and should be with me within the next week or two, and I am planning on getting some wavys from China. Then of course there'll be shipping from Oz, but if you're stuck I'm sure we cna work something out Dan-o :)

Not stuck G, mine are within spec but have some ridges. Let me know what they mic at and we'll go from there. Thanks

as soon as the suns out i'll head over into the shed.....bike only had 29000km or so on it.

The R1 and FZ1 will NOT fit on the later model forks (they work perfectly on the early model forks with our adapters). NOW, you can make them work but you have to counterbore the bolt hole locations to let the bolt sit in far enough to clear the sides of the fork legs.

Sean

The R1 and FZ1 will NOT fit on the later model forks (they work perfectly on the early model forks with our adapters). NOW, you can make them work but you have to counterbore the bolt hole locations to let the bolt sit in far enough to clear the sides of the fork legs.

Sean

oh wow that makes sense tho. do any other bikes have the counterbore rotors?

Holy cow man!! Are you in the Artic or somewhere? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200: atleast no frost out yet......oh wait.....i lied.......

think if i get out once more by mid next week on the bike i will be lucky.....might have to try today just incase it turns to snow by next week ahhhhhhh

book shows max .2 with min limit at .18

these are .1955.......so id say pretty good dan-o

congrats.....if im not done this evening ill get them ready for ya

The vmax is the only one with counterbored holes. When we sell Galfer floating waves for use on later model forks we have to modify the carriers here since Galfer will not sell them that way. They only sell the non floating wave to use on the vmax.

The vmax is the only one with counterbored holes. When we sell Galfer floating waves for use on later model forks we have to modify the carriers here since Galfer will not sell them that way. They only sell the non floating wave to use on the vmax.

did not know that. interesting.

would the cazz rotor carrier bolts work with non-counterbored holes i wonder?

not sure if you know just kidn of thinking outloud if different bolts would solve the issue.

ya danny no worries i'll box them up on the weekend, suppose to work today out of town if i dont then i will have them ready tonight.......

We even have to counterbore the galfers we use on the Carr wheels too. The heads of even our aftermarket bolts won't clear it they aren't bored out. Again, this is only a concern on the thicker forks of the 93-07 models.

:rofl_200::rofl_200: atleast no frost out yet......oh wait.....i lied.......

think if i get out once more by mid next week on the bike i will be lucky.....might have to try today just incase it turns to snow by next week ahhhhhhh

My pool was 88 degrees F last weekend.

Sean, do you know, will 320 mm rotors fit the '93-'07 forks w/ 100 mm c-to-c Sumitomos? I haven't bothered to try & trial-fit, because you would have to dismount the rotors to see.

Back