Yamaha Accessory Performance Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're complete 4 into 4 with the crossover pipe. I had to remove the centerstand to install. I ordered them from the dealer I bought the bike from because when I told him I didn't like the sound of the stock exhaust he said "I've got just the thing for that". They have "Yamaha 1FK4" embossed on the side. The box they came in read "Yamaha Performance Parts" or something like that. Been a long time ago and box is long gone. I don't have a video camera and wouldn't know how to load a video on here but I'll see if one of my friends can do it for me maybe this weekend. I've listened to a lot of different pipes on Vmaxes from youtube, this website, and other websites and they have a unique sound. They cost around $650 with tax and shipping if I remember correctly. Thanks for taking the time to reply. John

Last edited:
thats crazy. I know i've never heard of them and surprised they weren't bigger sellers! would love to get a video of them. If a buddy has a camera just throw it up on Youtube and then send the link here. I know theres quite a few people curious on this.

did you buy them with the bike in 2k3?

i take it they are only crossed over on the two pope on the same side of the bike? is that correct. no cross over tube for the left and right.
you remember roughly how much they were???

Tugla, there is a crossover under the bike connecting the 2 headers.

as for the carb chains, if you dont have any i suggest you do a forum search and read up on them they are important pieces.

ok so joined underneath and then there is another on the side that i can see in your pics is that right?

couldnt bother you for a pic ey??? im trying to mod out my slip on cobras 4 into 4 and seems these might be what im looking for so just trying to get some ideas thats all dont mean to be a pain

Dannymax if you don't mind me asking what is a carb chain? Thanks, John
I'm not quite sure how danny is going to explain that, but I'm sure he'll find the link.
It should be a enlighting or at least a interesting read, either that or you may think our carb chains are loose!:biglaugh:

OK....OK!!!:biglaugh:

Cyclejohn....the carb chain reference was just a smart-ass remark on my part!

The easiest way to explain it would be to say I was using sarcastic humor to indicate I was questioning that your pipes were an actual Yamaha performance accessory.

For that sir, please accept my apology....I was wrong in doing that!! :worthy:

As you can see....my friends are enjoying watching me squirm here!! :punk:

To get the desired effect on a cobra slip-on slash-cut system. I think you would just need a crossover pipe between the bottom two mufflers since the top two already have a crossover on the stock headers. But I'm not sure which way would be easier to fab: the crossover between the top and mottom muffler, or the crossover between the two bottom mufflers.

Anyone have any ideas on this, or the ability to do it? I have no cutting or welding equipment, but if the price is right I would be willing to try it out.

To get the desired effect on a cobra slip-on slash-cut system. I think you would just need a crossover pipe between the bottom two mufflers since the top two already have a crossover on the stock headers. But I'm not sure which way would be easier to fab: the crossover between the top and mottom muffler, or the crossover between the two bottom mufflers.

Anyone have any ideas on this, or the ability to do it? I have no cutting or welding equipment, but if the price is right I would be willing to try it out.

Imho the easiest way is to remove the connection beteween front pipes, done that and its simple tho.

Do you think that by removing the front pipes connection you gonna decrease the
flow? Sorry but I cant agree.

What you are suggesting would increase back pressure (this is what I mean by decrease the flow), and in turn create a more rich fuel mixture.

Forgive me if my thought process is incorrect, but the crossover pipe allows an alternate route for the gasses to escape. Hence creating less back pressure and creating a leaner fuel mixture. The rear pipes do not have a crossover so I would think that they are actually running more rich than the front pipes.
By creating a crossover pipe between the two rear pipes (or between each front and rear pipe on either side, like on this Yamaha OEM Aftermarket Performance system the CYCLEJOHN has) it would create the same effect as on the front.

Everyone's number one complaint about the cobras is that the bike runs too rich. so why not try to lean it out a little on the pipe end and try to alleviate some of the scavenging as well.

What you are suggesting would increase back pressure (this is what I mean by decrease the flow), and in turn create a more rich fuel mixture.

Forgive me if my thought process is incorrect, but the crossover pipe allows an alternate route for the gasses to escape. Hence creating less back pressure and creating a leaner fuel mixture. The rear pipes do not have a crossover so I would think that they are actually running more rich than the front pipes.
By creating a crossover pipe between the two rear pipes (or between each front and rear pipe on either side, like on this Yamaha OEM Aftermarket Performance system the CYCLEJOHN has) it would create the same effect as on the front.

Everyone's number one complaint about the cobras is that the bike runs too rich. so why not try to lean it out a little on the pipe end and try to alleviate some of the scavenging as well.
Its all good, Im not an expert too.

IMHO back pressure wont give You any more flow. Then more back pressure(exhaust restricted) then more carbs can be set leaner, altough with v-max engine.

I agree that stock rear pipes are leaner more then fornt, thats why more restricted slipons as Delkevic use rear crossover.
Im not sure but i think that stock muffler is crossovered close to the rear pipes.

But if we are changing the intake and we using some jet kit we need more flow so those upgrades will never work good with stock mufflers.

More flow, less back pressure. More back pressure less fuel needed.
Thats why after instaling good full ex system carbs needs to be rejated.

Of course I could be wrong.

I think the best way is simply jet kit and full system, with stock pipes you wont get good numbers. I think that even with ultra super slipons you will not get high numbers.
That is all about the flow in good full ex sys.

It's a JOKE!!! No carb chains! Like turn signal fluid!

Wait a minute, no such thing as signal light fluid??? I beg to differ on this - I just added some to my signal lights and it definitely made them brighter - honest :ummm:

The exhaust is a first for me too - never seen them before - thanks for sharing.

Back