15% Ethanal Approved

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's ONLY to be used on 2007 and newer vehicles as well...

I think you'll see it at less stations then you think.

At least I hope so.

So how do they propose to distribute this 15% crap to the 07 and newer vehicles?

Will there be another selection at the pump so now you will select the octane and ethanol concentration?

My guess is they will simply push 15% on everyone and your local pump will go from 10% to 15%, 2007 model year or not.

My guess is they will simply push 15% on everyone and your local pump will go from 10% to 15%, 2007 model year or not.

That'd be my guess as well. :ranting::ranting::angry flame::real mad:

Ethanol in any % SUCKS. My bike runs like crap on the stuff. :damn angry::damn angry::damn angry: Runs perfect on 0% and that's what I'll use until there's no option. I'm running 2 trucks, 2 bikes and a boat, plus lawn mower, weed whacker, generator all on Non Ethanol....

We don't have that stuff where I'm at. Back in '92 they did to the oxyfuel program, but shelved it a couple of months later.

We have wierd geography where I'm at, hence the -60 winters and 90+deg summers. When the oxyfuel thing was going on there was alot of illnesses that popped up. and when they shelved the project, the illnesses dropped.

I haven't seen any "e's" on any of the pumps I've filled up at. up here in Fairbanks and a few in Anchorage.

LOOKS LIKE DRUMS OF RACE FUEL FOR ME NEXT YEAR ! ... http://www.vpracingfuels.com/ ... :punk:

Hell, the price of gas up here is $3.55/gal and expected to rise. That just might be a cheaper alternative.

It's messed up, its 40cent cheaper in other areas of the state where they barge thier fuel in. Where I'm at there is a damn refinery 19 miles from town.

Re: 15% Ethanol Approved

hell, the price of gas up here is $3.55/gal and expected to rise. That just might be a cheaper alternative.

It's messed up, its 40cent cheaper in other areas of the state where they barge thier fuel in. Where i'm at there is a damn refinery 19 miles from town.
I'm going to call " vp " , see whats best & whats the shelf life ? ... For ever in all of my street & dirt bikes & race cars & even my lawn mower , I ran 100 octane low lead airplane fuel , now theres so many , I want to ask somebody !

AFAIK the only street legal (if you're concerned about that) race fuel is the VP100, and according to their website, it has ALWAYS been oxygenated by adding ethanol. VP makes several non-oxygenated blends, but I'm not sure how well they'd work for long-term everyday use. After all, they're intended for race engines, that are probably torn down frequently.

VP100 comes to about $9.50/gallon, if you buy an entire drum. Close to $40 every fill-up, I don't know about you, but I've gone through 4 or 5 tanks in one day before. $200 for a day's ride, just in fuel? I'd be broke in no time.

If your bike runs like poo on ethanol (mine has always been fine on E10 with stage 1 jets), it might be worth playing with your jetting and carbs a bit to dial in the ethanol, it'd be a lot cheaper than paying 3x as much for fuel.

Mine runs FINE on ethanol and I run EVERYTHING on it. It just stores like shit... Hence my use of Star Brites Startron. No issues since.

We use it in our boats as well.

Chris

Funnily ONLY america has this problem. I haven't seen any ethanol blends whatsoever in Australia, Germany, France or UK so far..

I agree that I can't see separate pumps for 10% and 15% - they'll just slowly go to 15 everywhere.

So how do they propose to distribute this 15% crap to the 07 and newer vehicles?

Will there be another selection at the pump so now you will select the octane and ethanol concentration?

Thats what happened with Ultra Low Sulfur for Diesels. It is only required for newer vehicles but it is the only thing you can buy in the states.

Guess the fuel additive market will be seeing a big increase in sales.

Back