Side covers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06VMAXIMUS

Reaction score
Got my new 2 tone side covers from Danny. Which do you guys think look the best, the solid black stockers, or the two tone style?

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 80
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 73
2 tone....matches the scoops.

As it stands between the two shown, I would go with the two tone ones. Now, if the black ones were painted red to match the fenders and air box cover, then I would choose those.

That's a tough one Bob, they both look good....but as far as tying everything together....pipes, scoops, etc. I gotta favor the 2-tone ones also.

BTW, did you ever park those '05 tins next to a '10 Gen II? It takes a good eye to see any difference, the paints are nearly identical.

Definitely the 2-tone, no contest in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the opinions guys! I have ordered another set of the 06 logo's, so that the red sides of it will make it pop out on the two tone covers. I will probably keep the solid black covers too and switch them around every now and then like marsmax suggested. I had considered painting my solid ones red to match the bike, but I figured that could get pricey matching paint. Maybe a two tone red/chrome cover would be the ticket!

I did Sallymax scoops hi-gloss black upper half, flat black lower and just the opposite on the side covers, flat upper half, hi-gloss lower....looked pretty sharp imo.

Well shit....I lied....the scoops were flat upper, gloss lower, opposite on the side covers.

Not that it matters but did go well with the blue accents. :biglaugh:

Point being, I think the same 2-tone theme on scoops & side covers go the best.

Attachments

• 100_2063.jpg
    100_2063.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back