So we've been getting robbed every friday...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
my brother went out to grab some wire for a panel job he was doing and discovered that the entire wire spool was missing. and not just one, at least 4.

sooooooooooo my dad turned on the cameras that only go back 1 month and found out that our family friends we let work on our house and clean our house, has been stealing from us every friday they come to "help out".

we've been giving them odd jobs and paying them to do random things because they dont have jobs and have 3 kids to feed.

some of the wire spools were 600 pounds, pure copper wire. its scrapping for like 3.93? a pound here, dont quote me on that. soooooo theyve been banking a couple grand every week off of scrap.

my dad called them and they dont have the money, we had em on camera clear as day. theyd send someone in to distract us while the other people loaded the wire spools into their truck, and then once it was loaded theyd text them to come back to the truck, and theyd leave.

the cops have a copy of the footage so we'll see what happens.

lol its funny watching them try to load it up and dropping it and shit and having to have the kids help and some other man help load it..

but then its not funny when youre watching 2 grand roll down the driveway, and it really sucks when you trusted them.:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Find the scrapyard!!!

I thought scrapyards had a legal duty to alert authorities when something so obvious is being scrapped.
At least here in CA you have to wait several days for your $$ when scrapping value is over $100 or so.
I'll bet the scrapyard they used was "in on the deal too". Perhaps the yard could also be financially liable for your loss. (Intentionally buying stolen goods without proper verification)
The yard at least has "deeper pockets".
My $.02

In NY, at least around buffalo, we have to provide ID at the scrap yard, unless it's going into an account

Man, that's pretty shitty. You try and help a guy out that is down on his luck and he stabs you in the back! I don't understand why people do that.

:bang head::bang head::bang head::th_biggun:..............Just sayin.

ya the cops got camera footage at the scrapyard and his photocopied ID.

it just sucks that these r people we laughed and joked with and left at our house alone while we were away.... and they pull this crap

i I HOPE THAT YOU PRESS CHARGES ! .. PEOPLE I NO DON'T HAVE ANY BALLS , SO THEY NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE CHARGES ! . . . . , , , , , , , . . . . . . . . . . ................... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I FUCKING HATE LIER'S AND THIEF'S ! .. :th_biggun:

ya we know we'll never see the money again so the police are involved. friend no more settlin the score

we were paying her 12/hr to come clean the house every friday whether it needed cleaned or not. and we'd always give her extra hours and rounded up the time just to be nice

Sad thing is that it's only gonna get worse. With this economy I'm surprised we don't have it 10 times worse... Sorry World where this happens, Planet Earth...

So far the friends I've helped haven't cut my throat. Only one is on the edge. He took money from me to buy something on Ebay for my boat that would greatly increase my chances of selling it. Easier for me and I offered to pay him some money to do it, help him out. He gave me the most idiotic stories I've ever heard, First the seller took the listing down. My friend said he Pay Pal'd the dude to buy it on the side, save me some money. Then the seller said he couldn't find it so he was refunding the money but it would take 10 days before I'd actually be able to recover it. That because of how the guy refunded the money. Next thing , it's listed again and we're holding off a bid until near the end. That didn't happen because my friends Phone was down for 24 hours at the end of the auction... He's still got excuses of where my money is... This crap has been over the last 3 weeks to a month.

My X friend didn't end up with much, really. I'm not rich. I live on a fixed income and small retirement. I have lots of medical bills from stupid people running into me. What he took isn't gonna kill me but I'll sure step on this guy every chance I get. He lost one of the most elusive things in the world, A Friend.. He created an Enemy and that's not good for him....:th_stophierPeeingIn

Friends... That's a term I'd use VERY lightly when describing them... lol

Sorry to hear this, but glad you had a camera to see it happening.

We caught and sent a man to prison (3rd offense) that had broken into our lot and rummaged through things, as well as three other lots around us. They stole a gas card out of a truck (which was supposed to be locked at all times) that had to have a pin to use it so we got lucky I guess.

Know exactly how you feel! Had a "friend" a while back who was down on his luck so I would pay him to come and clean my race boat shop etc. to give him some pocket money. That was until another buddy of mine who was my crew chief came in unexpectedly and caught the guy loading some of my tools and motor parts into his truck. Didn't call the cops in, but let's just say the guy never came around again:punk:

Since they are into selling scrap metal, you might want to give them an additional metalic gift - some brass. Oh say, 7.62 x39 sized. Perhaps call it an early Christmas gift to friends.

We had some dirtbag stealing the ground tails off some substation equipment repeatedly during construction. He made a return trip after it was energized and cut the H0 ground tail off a 138,000 volt potential transformer and got 80,500 in his hands, all they found was his glasses, a bluetooth ear piece, a stolen 4 wheeler and some bolt cutters, nobody ever found out who it was or what happened to him but if he survived I bet he doesn't do it again......:rofl_200:

This level of voltage doesn't just electrocute you, it usually removes body parts in the process...

...........I hope it blew his fucking arm off..........:punk::punk:

Latest posts

Back