Solid motor mount group buy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingy

Reaction score
We are doing a group buy setup for solid motor mounts on the Venturerider.org site.

One of our members is getting them for $50 for the set of six. Including shipping to US addresses.

Machined from
6061 Aluminum.

Same mounts are used on the 1st gen Vmaxs.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Link to that thread is below.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=53559

Gary

:punk: Hey, that's a great deal. Too bad I already did mine. Thanks, Spur

Anyone have a pic of the MM kit? I have a kit but Im not sure if all the parts are there.

:punk: Hey Rebar, My kit had 6 mounts in it. That's all, nothing else. Spurs

:punk: Hey Rebar, My kit had 6 mounts in it. That's all, nothing else. Spurs

if i remember correctly 4 of the mounts are the same
and i think the 2 rear ones had a slightly larger bolt hole in them.

I like the solid mounts (Thanks Sean)

Attached is a drawing of the motor mounts.

Credit drawing to Johan Kjellberg.

Picture of mounts is not a picture of mounts being made, but shown for reference.

Gary

Attachments

• vmount.jpg
    vmount.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 32
  • solidmnt.jpg
    solidmnt.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 42
My friend on the Venture site is going to have a few sets of these solid motor mounts available in 2 or 3 weeks if there is any interest in them.

$50 including shipping to the US.

Gary

Last edited:
My friend on the Venture site is going to have a few sets of these solid motor mounts available in 2 or 3 weeks if there is any interest in them.

$50 including shipping to the US.

Gary

Just to be clear -- there is no additional charge for shipping?

Just to be clear -- there is no additional charge for shipping?

Shipping is included to US locations per the seller.

I am just passing on info about this. I am not involved in producing this item.

I have paid him for a set for myself, and have known him via the Venture forum for a couple of years now. He is a good member in my opinion.

Gary

Shipping is included to US locations per the seller.

I am just passing on info about this. I am not involved in producing this item.

I have paid him for a set for myself, and have known him via the Venture forum for a couple of years now. He is a good member in my opinion.

Gary

okally-dokally, +1 for me. it looks like last time he setup a paypal account. is he doing that again? what are the other options? mail him a check? am i suppose to get in direct contact with him? if so, how?

okally-dokally, +1 for me. it looks like last time he setup a paypal account. is he doing that again? what are the other options? mail him a check? am i suppose to get in direct contact with him? if so, how?

I just sent you a PM with sellers contact info.

Gary

Quick question for you, is there any negative aspect with installing these..I cant remember exactly but I thought I might have read about some people developing oil leaks and something having to due with the added stress on the motor? I'd be interested if there's no chance of this screwing up something on the motor

u won't screw anything up, but i know danny, bill and myself are all not very happy with them. i didn't notice any difference in handling but got more vibes and some bolts loosen up. need to loctite everything now.

i'd save up and buy frame braces, or radials, or a braced swingarm.

I am using the Delrin MM and I am pleased with them. I did notice a difference in the handling with them. I feel that for a handling upgrade that is less than $100, they are well worth it. As Garrett mentioned, a braced swingarm is also a must. As for the increased vibes, it was not very noticeable. I filled my handlebars with lead shot and it works for me.

I am using the Delrin MM and I am pleased with them. I did notice a difference in the handling with them. I feel that for a handling upgrade that is less than $100, they are well worth it. As Garrett mentioned, a braced swingarm is also a must. As for the increased vibes, it was not very noticeable. I filled my handlebars with lead shot and it works for me.
I haven't done anything to quell the mirror vibes but IMO it not that bad, I can still see if there is something there just hard to tell if it's a patrol car or not. I may try some birdshot or even a set of Ricor vibranator. I live in a rural area so I don't spend a lot of time looking mirrors because there is not much traffic around on the 2 lane roads I ride.

Back