The V-Max IS Ugly As Hell

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavon74

Reaction score
No way would I ever be caught alive on one of these shitty looking bikes. These have got to be the ugliest fucking pieces of shit I've ever seen. Whatever you do don't go to a bike night on these things, you'll get laughed at repeatedly.:rofl_200:

Great first post... If it weren't for the emoticon at the end I'd have banned you by now...

Welcome

No way would I ever be caught alive on one of these shitty looking bikes. These have got to be the ugliest fucking pieces of shit I've ever seen. Whatever you do don't go to a bike night on these things, you'll get laughed at repeatedly.:rofl_200:

That's because you got the 2006 model, by far the ugliest year built. It's also the first year they came out with carb chains, that slowed them way down. Should have got the 2005 model, by far the fastest 1st gen Vmax made to date.:punk:

That's because you got the 2006 model, by far the ugliest year built. It's also the first year they came out with carb chains, that slowed them way down. Should have got the 2005 model, by far the fastest 1st gen Vmax made to date.:punk:

You've got it all wrong bro. When the carb chains were introduced it was done to try and meet modern pollution standards. The 20 year old carb design wasn't up to the task of meeting the new pollution standards so they revised the carbs and put in the chains to meet the standard. As noted, the cains do rob some horsepower BUT, the yamaha engineers knew that they could not neuter the vmax and ruin its reputation by lowering the power so they made some engine upgrades to make up for the carb chains.

The great thing about this and the one thing that any smart owner should know is that removing these chains is worth about 12-15hp at the wheel. This is why the bikes that come with carb chains from the factory are so much better. Removing them is free HP, easy to do, and makes your max faster than the ones that did not come with them.

omg not again with the carb chains. wasnt that like... sooooo last year?

Let me just say this, carb chains are real and make great Christmas gifts!
If I see you laughing as I ride by lavon74, I'll be sure to wave. :looser::double angry bird:
Your living the life man!
Welcome!:punk:

Last edited:

Sounds like a great way to make new friends on this forum - Hey Leverne, if you find the max ugly, what bike do you find like beautiful - maybe the pink scooter you have park in your yard:confused2: I betcha that thing is the hit at your local bike night - right?

Mike

Who are you, really? Lankee or SS? :rofl_200:

Put a T-boost on your pink scooter & ROLL ON IN HERE !!! :punk:

carb chains, dammit, i knew something was holding it back, it had to have carried on to the 2007 year... maybe i could remove a link, or modify the sprocket, are there sprockets on these things? i bet if you put a larger sprocket on they would move or open quicker... that must be what makes that noise when i first turn the key on... do these need to be lubricated every 500 miles? what do i do? :hammer bash:

lavon74 has not made any friends yet......:boxing00:

lavon74 has not made any friends yet......:boxing00:

Troll-Spray.jpg

You've got it all wrong bro. When the carb chains were introduced it was done to try and meet modern pollution standards. The 20 year old carb design wasn't up to the task of meeting the new pollution standards so they revised the carbs and put in the chains to meet the standard. As noted, the cains do rob some horsepower BUT, the yamaha engineers knew that they could not neuter the vmax and ruin its reputation by lowering the power so they made some engine upgrades to make up for the carb chains.

The great thing about this and the one thing that any smart owner should know is that removing these chains is worth about 12-15hp at the wheel. This is why the bikes that come with carb chains from the factory are so much better. Removing them is free HP, easy to do, and makes your max faster than the ones that did not come with them.

We're all dumber after reading that.:biglaugh:

Whats the ugliest thing on the Vmax? The seat. I don't need a tool kit under it which could lower the passenger seat a couple inches. And the flip up tank access needs a diet as well.

Ha...ha...ha...Hoping to have "Lavon74" laugh at my bike in person one day, cause boy I'll beat you until they need your dental records to figure out who you used to be.

Not because I think the max is for everyone or even the majority when it comes to looks...but based on the principal that being a douch bag for the sake of being a douch bag is hardly humor.

Back