Clutch lever mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon the problem will be the bolt wear - that's the idea of the sleeve innit?

Anyway, if you're gonna make a buncha these I'm also interested - my clutch lever's a bitch to pull and that doesn't help with feel.

How about prices? I'm happy to send you my OEM lever in return if that helps ya make some more.

I have the bearings, I have the bolts, I even have a few clutch levers, but I need to get a few sleeves turned out on a lathe and haven't done that yet.... If there is still interest in it, I can try to get this done sometime in the near future.
Jeff

i might be interested, but i'd have to probably send u my lever, i have the painted carbon fiber ones from fleabay

Maybe I should round up the levers I have and send them to you when I send the seat??

I'm interested cause I hate seeing my lever flop up and down constantly.
Can I just buy the bolt, bearing, and sleeve from you and drill my own lever? Maybe you could offer to sell it like that as a kit for people and also offer a drill bit in the kit. I think I have the one I would need but others may not.

If anyone is interested, here's some cheap, black levers on sale for $10 on ebay. Not sure on quality but the price is good.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...ryZ35587QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i think i got my carbon fiber ones from the same people... cheap and they seem to hold up so far just fine...

I have no problem selling this as a kit, but you better be able to clamp the clutch lever and hold it tight... and also have a solid drill bit that wont walk on you. With a pre-existing hole, it can sometimes be difficult to make that hole larger without messing it up.

I'm not sure how much time I'll have to work on this so if someone else wants to take it on, I'll send you what I have.

Jeff

Jeff, what's the size of the hole need to be and what is it currently? I have a selection of reamers and could loan them out too if people want to pay to mail them. Reamers leave a very clean smooth hole and don't grab like a straight bit will. They aren't cheap either so i'd probably need it back.

Sean

I'm also interested in the clutch lever mod. Did this get dropped? I think Morley should take it over....What do you think?

I just talked to my machinist buddy and I think this will be a go... hold tight soon and within a few weeks, we should have something on the market... and it may be through Morley....

Back