MA/NY/VT/NH ride....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmmmm...A ride in rain with 40 degree temps or clean out the slimy muck in the dirt floor /stacked rock foundation cellar....decisions decisions....

nice keg mike. nows probably a bad time to say we have octoberfest on tap at the house here too! haha.

I realize we're still a day or two from a "drop dead" decision but I just heard from a reliable source that there is a possible warming trend coming in next week!

Not that any committment is required immediately but perhaps it's not too early to take a "wait and see attitude"....eh?

Thoughts, comments?????

wait n see is fine by me guys. no ones traveling too far it seems. so far it seems like its just gonna be danny, mike, me and maybe tugla my pops and anyone else i gather up from out here?

I realize we're still a day or two from a "drop dead" decision but I just heard from a reliable source that there is a possible warming trend coming in next week!

Not that any committment is required immediately but perhaps it's not too early to take a "wait and see attitude"....eh?

Thoughts, comments?????
Well, if my current weather is any indication of what you will get you should be good to go! I rode to work today in 28 degree weather but the sun is shining brightly and it should go to high 40's today! I only have to ride 2.5 miles to work so it was not a "real" test of my cold weather riding resilence. I hope you guys get this dry weather and hopefully a little warmer to make the run a little more enjoyable!
On a side note: I did not find a bear liver to use but there will be bear stew at a gathering I'm going to this weekend at a camp, I think that'l do the trick along with a few Bell's Two Hearted Ale's, eh? You betcha!:punk:

Well, if my current weather is any indication of what you will get you should be good to go! I rode to work today in 28 degree weather but the sun is shining brightly and it should go to high 40's today! I only have to ride 2.5 miles to work so it was not a "real" test of my cold weather riding resilence. I hope you guys get this dry weather and hopefully a little warmer to make the run a little more enjoyable!
On a side note: I did not find a bear liver to use but there will be bear stew at a gathering I'm going to this weekend at a camp, I think that'l do the trick along with a few Bell's Two Hearted Ale's, eh? You betcha!:punk:

Yer a real trooper Brian!! Always thinkin' of us eastern mountain lads!! :worthy:

Thanks Dan for the PM. It seems like forever since I've been on here and/or my Bike. I'll keep watching the weather. I would have to put on my7 big windshield and saddle bags. Make a Bagger out of my Max. Yuk,Yuk.
I've been in Nova Scotia trying to purchase a house. Doesn't look like it's going to happen at this time. But I'm interested in a ride. I would like to see at least 60 degrees.
Dave

Thanks Dan for the PM. It seems like forever since I've been on here and/or my Bike. I'll keep watching the weather. I would have to put on my7 big windshield and saddle bags. Make a Bagger out of my Max. Yuk,Yuk.
I've been in Nova Scotia trying to purchase a house. Doesn't look like it's going to happen at this time. But I'm interested in a ride. I would like to see at least 60 degrees.
Dave

It's a long haul from Nova Scotia to the "Ricer" Dave!! :biglaugh:

Well, it's Thursday now and the weather for the ride hasn't gotten any better....worse, if anything!! They're hinting at possible s..s...s....snow for Saturday...that wouldn't do at all!!

There is a strong chance of a warming trend next weekend and it's s'posed to get very close, if not into the low 60's, I think that would be a better time for our ride.

In the meantime I'm officially removing myself as a participant in this weekend's event, gonna put on my kerosene socks (cause they help keep the ants off my candy ass), go sit by the woodstove and watch the season opener of Grey's Anatomy!! :punk:

i'm sick as hell right now, so 30-40 degrees would have to be saved for when i'm feeling better. next weekend i MIGHT be able to do it, depends on hwo a project @ work goes.

But wait....I just got the BLIZZAK tires and custom extended V-Blade chin spoiler mounted.... ( Actually there's a winter storm warning in effect for the weekend in the Mohawk Valley--just west of us). I bet the 30 degree temps would make CR's spikes perk right up though....

Back