Thunder In The Valley 2011 -- Role Call?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? Our roads suck worse than pretty much every other state I've ever been in.... they are full of potholes or road construction......lol. get on one of the rides I will be leading, it will be a nice scenic ride with lots of twists and turns and a few get on it spots along the way. Im not gonna be trying to get a speeding ticket the entire time.

If anyone would want to have a bonfire, I live up on top of the mountain on 3 acres where nobody will care how loud we get. Lemme know if anyone is interested.

Id be happy to pit your roads against detroit roads anyday! ( Number of potholes and construction sites that is, not twists and turns, we dont have any here ).

I replied, I don't know why you didn't get them. Anyway I can lead any of them on friday and Saturday. Lemme check back through my email but I know I replied to someone about leading rides.

Anyway, I repied on the 16th at like 8:33 am. Here was my reply.
Mike, I can lead any of the runs on friday. Either the scenic ride or gravity hill and also I can lead the group up the where the open flat spot on the higway is for the speed run since its about 1 mile from my house. I can also take a group out saturday after lunch if you want. I wont be speeding (to much) on any group I lead so as long as everyone knows that its just gonna be a nice cruise I don't mind taking a group out at all any times. Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Hi Sam,

I did reply to that message on 6/16/11 at 8:53am to you, but I'm glad to hear you want to help out. I will put you down to lead the Friday 2pm Gravity Hill Run and the Friday 5pm Speed Run. Also, I will put you down for a Saturday 2pm scenic Run too.

Thanks again for all your help!

Mike

Sounds good Bill, I know the area well as i used to live in Flushing for over 15 years.
And I also know about the needle into the knee thing, I had to have some fluid drawn off once and I couldn't believe how far he was pushing it into my knee!

Looking forward too it, dont know the area well, Hoping to hit the Michigan VMOA ride in early July if the knee is healed up. As well as the 'Ride to Hell' in August or September.

Definately want to make next years Thunder!

Hey guys I'm really looking forward to seeing all the vmaxers that I met last year at Thunder. I'll be arriving early Wed. afternoon and hope there's somebody around at the Days Inn to help me unload my bike off the pickup. I was going to ride down this year but had a horrible operation on my colon in March. I didn't know wether or not I'd make it. Yes, I will be there Mike, just moving slow. Got a second operation in two weeks. Don't know how that will go. So this is my only shot, could be my whole summer in this weekend. So let the good times roll.

Ron

Hey guys I'm really looking forward to seeing all the vmaxers that I met last year at Thunder. I'll be arriving early Wed. afternoon and hope there's somebody around at the Days Inn to help me unload my bike off the pickup. I was going to ride down this year but had a horrible operation on my colon in March. I didn't know wether or not I'd make it. Yes, I will be there Mike, just moving slow. Got a second operation in two weeks. Don't know how that will go. So this is my only shot, could be my whole summer in this weekend. So let the good times roll.

Ron

Hey Ron,

I guess we will have to have an awesome time then for sure!!!

Have a safe trip down.....Give a call out to BigRubbers4x4 here, he lives in PA not far and he might be able to ride down to help you out if nobody is around.

I'll definitely be taking a lot of Pics while I'm there.
I'll post them here after we get back.
This will be my First year at Thunder, so I'm definitely pumped to get a look at all the other Maxes and meet all my VMOA Brethren !

Left home in a misting rain, Mackiinac budge had 20 mph wind,
Ran into a drenching rain that lasted 20 miles, stopped for fuel
And it rained for 30 min, rode 132 miles, walked 1 mile to get gas
But was picked by a GW rider who took me the rest of threat to get gas
Then walked the two miles back to Redbone rose back to station filled up and now sitting in Imlay City enjoying so AC And a ice-cream!
Trevor, I should be about 2.5 to 3 hours from you, I will still call at the border.
This is what makes traveling sooooo fun!

Left home in a misting rain, Mackiinac budge had 20 mph wind,
Ran into a drenching rain that lasted 20 miles, stopped for fuel
And it rained for 30 min, rode 132 miles, walked 1 mile to get gas
But was picked by a GW rider who took me the rest of threat to get gas
Then walked the two miles back to Redbone rose back to station filled up and now sitting in Imlay City enjoying so AC And a ice-cream!
Trevor, I should be about 2.5 to 3 hours from you, I will still call at the border.
This is what makes traveling sooooo fun!

Be safe fellas, and maybe try and get gas before the little red light comes on or hopefully you filled up your fuel can when you filled up your bike so you don't have to walk as far next time some one runs out of fuel. See you soon.

PS, watch out for them deer, I saw 4 in different spots along the highway on my way home tonight. And we have big deer here in the mountains so BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!

T-minus 2 days and counting now.......See you all bright and early Friday morning at the Days Inn........

On a plane in the morning. Then need to meet up with Furbur to get the loaner vmax. I'll get a rental car to get me there and hook up with Brain for the room arrangements!

See you very soon guys.

Sean

Who's gonna be at the hotel tonight? Me and the boy are gonna stop down this evening in the truck.

Who's gonna be at the hotel tonight? Me and the boy are gonna stop down this evening in the truck.

To my understanding, there are over 12 vmax riders there now and more should be arriving today. I would think you should have about 18 there by tonight and the rest will all trickle in Friday.

I am so ready to come up there. All packed, trailer ready....just need to get off work and wait until 4:30am tomorrow morning to start my journey up there.

See you all at breakfast.

On a plane in the morning. Then need to meet up with Furbur to get the loaner vmax. I'll get a rental car to get me there and hook up with Brain for the room arrangements!

See you very soon guys.

Sean

Two thumbs up for Furbur and a loaner!!! :clapping::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Everything but the bike in the truck RTG:clapping:,its raining here :bang head:so the bike will get loaded just before we leave in the mornin,:confused2: 5:30 ish. Hope to be there Noonish :biglaugh:

Just got home from the hotel, nice meeting some of you and now I can put faces to names. I got a little wet but not to bad, I did have to ride the speed limit so it did take me about an hour... but I got home safe. See you all at breakfast.

I hope you're all enjoying Thunder. Ride safe and stay DRY...
My son's High School graduation is today, or I'd be there!

Latest posts

Back