Thunder 2013 - Will You Be There?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to make it down bright and early friday morning

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Man I want to go but I don't think I will make it this yr. This sucks. Anyone going up I-95 through NC want to share a rm and a ride.

Still looking to see if others are travelling from near my area (besides donnelly317 - thanks!)
ALSO / AND - looking if anyone might need a ROOMMATE to split the hotel bill with (whether you already have a room -or- IF I can find one!!!).
(I've tried to book anything online BUT everything is gone except wayyyy out of town).

Hello All!.

Although I'm not a VMAX owner, I do have a V4 1994 Honda Magna and I am an active member at V4MB (V4 Muscle Bike) forums.

Anyway, DMAN999 referred me to come over here as I am looking to go to this event BUT I'm looking to either ride down with someone / others OR maybe hitch a ride with someone & their trailer.

SO..., if there are any Canadians coming from the Toronto area (or where-ever) passing through Niagara that are leaving either Thursday night after work (assuming trailer) or Friday morning (either Trailer or riding down), and wouldn't mind some company, I'd sure like to hook-up with you.

This request / offer also works for any Americans in the Niagara Falls / Buffalo NY or surrounding area that are going. I could meet you somewhere and we could cruise down together (ride or trailer).

Look forward to going (hopefully). Email, PM or reply if interested.
THANKS!:punk:

Still looking for others travelling from near my area - AND - who might want a ROOMMATE to split the hotel bill with!!!
(I've tried to book anything online BUT everything is gone except wayyyy out of town).
If you try to book at the Days Inn in Somerset, PA make sure you say you are with the VMOA. We have about half the hotel booked for our members and guests. You do not have to show a VMOA membership card and no one will care if you are not a member, especially if your riding a Vmax!

Don't have a VMAX... :confused2:
I checked, they're all booked.

If you try to book at the Days Inn in Somerset, PA make sure you say you are with the VMOA. We have about half the hotel booked for our members and guests. You do not have to show a VMOA membership card and no one will care if you are not a member, especially if your riding a Vmax!

Did you state you were with the VMOA when requesting a room?..........The blocked rooms are reserved for them, I'm not a member as of yet but I got a room, you are more than welcome to come join us with your Magna, it's all about meeting good folks and enjoying some awsome riding together!!.........Redbone and myself will be arriving on Mon the 17th, if you cannot hook up sleeping arrangements shoot me a PM and I see if I can help ya out..................Tom.

I did mention VMOA, and the guy said none were left. :ummm::confused2:

Did you state you were with the VMOA when requesting a room?..........The blocked rooms are reserved for them, I'm not a member as of yet but I got a room, you are more than welcome to come join us with your Magna, it's all about meeting good folks and enjoying some awsome riding together!!.........Redbone and myself will be arriving on Mon the 17th, if you cannot hook up sleeping arrangements shoot me a PM and I see if I can help ya out..................Tom.

I want to go but work has been scarce this season so I can't afford to go :(

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Bummer Scott...........:bang head:...............I know you would have an awsome time...........Hopefully next year!!...........I'll see you on the July ride!!..............Tom.

Yea its just too far to go in a single weekend and I can't take any time off this year :( I can make fairly local stuff where I can leave on a Friday night and be back home Sunday night but that's about it.. I'll for sure see you at the July Dowagiac ride though Tom

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Bill K. and I are planning to ride over from the Pittsburgh area on Friday morning. If you're nearby, or passing through around that time, then you're welcome to join.
John

ANOTHER UPDATE! (I'm really trying hard to go..., LOL!)

I have found & booked a room at the Comfort Inn @ Ebensburg (21 miles north of Johnstown PA), HOWEVER now I'm looking for a roommate to split the cost (1/2 of $125 per night). If I don't find something cheaper or a roommate, I'll probably cancel the room and not go.

So..., still looking to see if others are travelling from near my area.

I would like to leave Friday Jun 21 in the A.M.
Come back on Sunday Jun 23 in the A.M. or early P.M.

Holy crap! 125.

Looks like I'm leaving friday early afternoon 2-230. Not positive if I'm driving or riding if its really nice I'm riding probably!

Ya I know... I'll keep looking for other CHEAPER stuff (maybe find a cancellation) and go from there.
If the weather is going to be crap, I'm not going...

Holy crap! 125.

Looks like I'm leaving friday early afternoon 2-230. Not positive if I'm driving or riding if its really nice I'm riding probably!

The long term weather report looks good for the latter half of the week, Monday might be a little damp/ Tuesday and Wednesday have a %30 chance of "occasional showers". Around here %30 chance means almost no chance at all for precipitation and likely good riding weather.
With the highs being mid to high 70's that sounds good to me!:clapping:

I'm going hell or high water. I plan on leaving about 4am Thursday. I'm trailering at least to NY, depending on the weather. I bought nice rain gear last season, slip on boots ect. if the clouds open up I don't care. I've been looking fwd to this for a long time.
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back